FP+ and Premier Annual Pass

Jannee

Original Poster
My family and I are planning our vacation for this July. We will be buying premier annual passes once we arrive in Orlando. We currently have room only reservations on site.

My concern is that since we are unable to purchase the premier annual passes until we arrive (can only be purchased at wdw or dl), will we be able to use FP+?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Lil Fort

You could add regular park tickets to your reservation and then once you get there you could upgrade them to premier annual passes.

skimbob

Unless you get a lower pass or have park tickets you will not be able to do FP+. I have been on the phone again today about my issue regarding Premier Pass renewal and being locked out of FP+ until I arrive January 9. They keep giving excuses about testing. The fact of the matter is I am paying a lot of money for my pass not to mention all the money I spend on both coasts. Since there are so few of us that have this pass we are not a priority. Not very good customer service.

Jannee

Original Poster
I agree with you skimbob. There are several things that frustrate me about they way the premier pass is handled. I think what we decided to do is to purchase tickets with the best savings from undercover tourist at least 75 in advance and then upgrade them to the premier pass once we have used them once. We have 3 trips to WDW planned over the next year.

durangojim

We bought premier passes in march. In September after not being able to add them on the site I called and told it would take 2-3 weeks. End of sept I called again because the still hadn't been added and was told January. Magically second week of October they popped up and we've been good to go ever since, so it is possible.

durangojim

Unless you get a lower pass or have park tickets you will not be able to do FP+. I have been on the phone again today about my issue regarding Premier Pass renewal and being locked out of FP+ until I arrive January 9. They keep giving excuses about testing. The fact of the matter is I am paying a lot of money for my pass not to mention all the money I spend on both coasts. Since there are so few of us that have this pass we are not a priority. Not very good customer service.
We arrive 1/11 so keep on calling. It can be done. I was told originally that we should go to guest relations and they would "take care of us" for our entire trip. The cm completely understood my frustration and agreed that for the price it was crazy to have to go through this.

JAG107

OP, can you just buy a WDW AP now and upgrade when you get to DL?

I am liking this idea more and more. I know I am not alone in the frustration of being "punished" for buying premier passes (since you can only buy them on site thus you cannot book FP+ before your trip), so I guess we must adapt and overcome the hurdles Disney is placing in front of some of their most loyal guests. "Hey let's make it as inconvenient as possible for premier passholders to use our new FP system, we already know they're coming back!"

jlsHouston

I am liking this idea more and more. I know I am not alone in the frustration of being "punished" for buying premier passes (since you can only buy them on site thus you cannot book FP+ before your trip), so I guess we must adapt and overcome the hurdles Disney is placing in front of some of their most loyal guests. "Hey let's make it as inconvenient as possible for premier passholders to use our new FP system, we already know they're coming back!"

Yah...probably why I never get a PIN code offer too, they know I keep coming back regardless....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom