FP+ and Park Hopping

chdice

Original Poster
Now that I think I have most of my FP+ selections under control... talk to me about park hopping. Most days we are starting in one park, leave for lunch and a swim, and then end up in another park for or after dinner. I booked the FP's for everyone in my party which includes 3 kids (who may or may not be able to ride due to their height) and a pregnant lady. Now, say I have a FP+ for 7DMT, should I rebook these few for say Dumbo or another ride around the same time, or just let them expire? My thought is if we go through each FP+ booked and who wants to/can ride rides and the others just let it expire, by the time we get to lunch and leave the park we will all be eligible to book 4th, 5th, 6th... FP+'s at another park. My past few trips we didn't even use fastpasses because the crowds were minimal so this is all a bit overwheleming for me ;) I was really only worried about Anna & Elsa and 7DMT.

Also, you can only book FP+ after your initial 3 through a kiosk, correct? Or have they since opened it up on the app?

Thanks as always my friends!!

Tom

Beta Return
It appears that you are correct on all accounts.

You can only book 3 online, in advance, for one park per day. After those 3 are used (or expire), you may use a Kiosk to book a 4th at the same park, or another park.

After the 4th is used or expires, wash, rinse, repeat.

Best bet, if you want to park hop and have FP privileges, is to book your first three for the mornings, and use them all before you head back to the resort. On your way out of the park, you should be able to stop at a Kiosk and book one for the afternoon or evening - depending on availability.

Rob562

Best bet, if you want to park hop and have FP privileges, is to book your first three for the mornings, and use them all before you head back to the resort. On your way out of the park, you should be able to stop at a Kiosk and book one for the afternoon or evening - depending on availability.

Though that will only work if they intend to return to the same park. If they want to make the FP+ for a *different* park that they'd be going to that evening, they can't do that until they actually enter that park.

Also, once you make your additional FP+ at a kiosk, you can then alter it using the app. (Times, and I think the actual attraction selection, too)

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Though that will only work if they intend to return to the same park. If they want to make the FP+ for a *different* park that they'd be going to that evening, they can't do that until they actually enter that park.

Also, once you make your additional FP+ at a kiosk, you can then alter it using the app. (Times, and I think the actual attraction selection, too)

-Rob

OH, so you can't book a FP for another park at any kiosk? I didn't know that. This park hopping "perk" really isn't handy at all.

Clamman73

OH, so you can't book a FP for another park at any kiosk? I didn't know that. This park hopping "perk" really isn't handy at all.
I wonder if they want people to do that because:
a) they want people to commit to park hopping and not hold a fastpass "place" if they end up not going
or
b) too lazy to program the app to do be able to do it.

Tom

Beta Return
I wonder if they want people to do that because:
a) they want people to commit to park hopping and not hold a fastpass "place" if they end up not going
or
b) too lazy to program the app to do be able to do it.

I'm struggling to figure it out. Why make guests go to a kiosk to book a 4th FP? Why not let them book the 4th via the app, but still after the 3rd has expired? I can only hypothesize that they realized they needed to roll out the "Park Hopping" feature, to appease complaints, but the programmers weren't ready to update the app accordingly.

Rob562

I'm struggling to figure it out. Why make guests go to a kiosk to book a 4th FP? Why not let them book the 4th via the app, but still after the 3rd has expired? I can only hypothesize that they realized they needed to roll out the "Park Hopping" feature, to appease complaints, but the programmers weren't ready to update the app accordingly.

That's my theory. From a programming standpoint, it's MUCH easier to add features to software that will only run on in-house kiosks where they're all exactly the same. It's vastly different when you're talking about functions on an app running on multiple phone platforms.

not really but its similar to legacy.

Does anyone know what attractions are still left for fp+ after 5pm?

As of right now (8:50pm, Monday) the app says the following attractions have no availability for *tonight* at the MK (open until 1am):
Anna & Elsa
Cinderella and Rapunzel
Philharmagic
Seven Dwarfs (though apparently it's currently 101, so the )
Space Mtn
Splash Mtn
The various parades and fireworks

-Rob

disney4life2008

That's my theory. From a programming standpoint, it's MUCH easier to add features to software that will only run on in-house kiosks where they're all exactly the same. It's vastly different when you're talking about functions on an app running on multiple phone platforms.

As of right now (8:50pm, Monday) the app says the following attractions have no availability for *tonight* at the MK (open until 1am):
Anna & Elsa
Cinderella and Rapunzel
Philharmagic
Space Mtn
Splash Mtn

-Rob

Thanks, I am looking forward to testing this out in August.

Kuzcotopia

Anna & Elsa
Cinderella and Rapunzel
Philharmagic
Space Mtn
Splash Mtn

-Rob

Thank you for posting this. It's the kind of info I want to see more of.

It looks to me like there is actually more availability with FP+. For example, legacy FP for Peter Pan's Flight is long gone by this time.

zero creativity

We are in the parks right now and the way that the fastpass+ is working it makes it seem like park hopping isn't really worth it anymore. I think the best way to use it is to book passes for the end of the day and go to a different park in the morning

cw1982

We had the most luck with fast passes being available at MK when we did hop. FPs to hop later to Epcot...useless.

For 7DMT I wouldn't let those go to 'waste'. If a few in your group enjoyed it, swap bands and re-ride.

This. Exactly. Especially the part about getting seconds on 7DMT by using the FP for people in your party who don't care to ride it lol. If you ride it and decide not to do it again in that same window, there will always be things you can change it to (Dumbo easily being one of them), and then it's no big deal if you end up watching a few from your party ride Dumbo. But if you have already sent them to ride Dumbo, then you won't have that option, and Dumbo is one of those that generally doesn't need a FP anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom