FP+ and Festival of the Lion King

007mickey

Original Poster
Okay, the shows run at the top of the hour, correct? When I made our FP I don't remember the times offered but I selected a 1:30 time. If the nearest/next show time is 2:00, what's the deal with a 1:30 FP time? Do they just do the FP's like other attractions and you just go to the show that is the next one closest to your FP time? I guess I thought they issued them based on show times but maybe with show times possibly changing throughout the year they can't really pin that down with FP times that can made 60 days out. Just curious more than anything, thanks.

007mickey

Original Poster
Well scratch that, just noticed on our "itinerary" that is has a arrive between time of "1:30 to 1:50" which kinda answers my question. Don't remember if there were any times offered throughout the day that were from :00 to :30 though. I just didn't think about FP's for a a specific show time compared to attractions as we have never made a show FP before.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Another tidbit for you. I don't know if there is another fastpass you would want instead of FOTLK. I ask because we usually just go to the show without one. We have never needed to use a fast pass for the show. I know it all depends when your going though so it is nice to know for sure you will get in for your desired show. Just thought I would throw that out there. :)

MickeyMomV

We FP+'d it on our last trip and it was a waste of a FP. They let us in about 60 seconds before they released the regular people. Even being in the first 20 people in the FP line we still ended up in the 3rd row because the first two rows are for guests with disabilities. If you are near the front of the regular line you will get just as good seats and still have the FP for another ride.

007mickey

Original Poster
Another tidbit for you. I don't know if there is another fastpass you would want instead of FOTLK. I ask because we usually just go to the show without one. We have never needed to use a fast pass for the show. I know it all depends when your going though so it is nice to know for sure you will get in for your desired show. Just thought I would throw that out there. :)

Yeah, we thought about not booking but several factors led us to choose it:
1. It's a summertime trip and thought crowds might be more than usual for a "after lunch time, sit down and get out of the sun" 2:00 show.
2. We will be coming from the Wild Africa Trek and wanted a place to rest our feet and cool off.
3. After booking Everest and Primeval, the only other attraction I could see using a FP for is the Safari (at least for our family). And since we are coming from the Trek that day, we thought we'd save the Safari for another day.
4. We haven't been to the show in years and wanted to check out the new location.

sxeensweet

Yeah, we thought about not booking but several factors led us to choose it:
1. It's a summertime trip and thought crowds might be more than usual for a "after lunch time, sit down and get out of the sun" 2:00 show.
2. We will be coming from the Wild Africa Trek and wanted a place to rest our feet and cool off.
3. After booking Everest and Primeval, the only other attraction I could see using a FP for is the Safari (at least for our family). And since we are coming from the Trek that day, we thought we'd save the Safari for another day.
4. We haven't been to the show in years and wanted to check out the new location.
Yes totally agree especially for in the summer. FOTLK is always a must do every trip for me and DH so I would not want to take the chance of missing it. The new location is nice and bigger than the old one. Not much difference in how it looks but it has added seating. Also we learned that the late afternoon around 4-5pm the animals tend to come out again during the Safari like they do in early morning. We always do our Safari as late in the afternoon near closing as possible and have seen many of the animals out and about including the big beautiful male lion! A lot of people think only in the morning you get good views but late afternoon you can as well. A cast member there told is this years back and it has proved true every time we go.
Hope your family has a wonderful trip!! :)

007mickey

Original Poster
Yes totally agree especially for in the summer. FOTLK is always a must do every trip for me and DH so I would not want to take the chance of missing it. The new location is nice and bigger than the old one. Not much difference in how it looks but it has added seating. Also we learned that the late afternoon around 4-5pm the animals tend to come out again during the Safari like they do in early morning. We always do our Safari as late in the afternoon near closing as possible and have seen many of the animals out and about including the big beautiful male lion! A lot of people think only in the morning you get good views but late afternoon you can as well. A cast member there told is this years back and it has proved true every time we go.
Hope your family has a wonderful trip!! :)

Thanks for the info and good call on the lion. I had heard that the male lion is actually more prone to be out late in the afternoon than the morning, so maybe we will give it a try since we seem to miss him most times.
The wonderful trip part will be easy.:D

sxeensweet

Thanks for the info and good call on the lion. I had heard that the male lion is actually more prone to be out late in the afternoon than the morning, so maybe we will give it a try since we seem to miss him most times.
The wonderful trip part will be easy.:D
Hope you get to see him this trip! He is a beauty!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom