FP+ and Comp Ticket?

kamr211

Original Poster
Ok, maybe the answers are on this site somewhere. Couldn't find them, sorry if my questions are redundant!

1. Do I have to have a ticket to make FP+ reservations? I am approaching my 60 day window. I DO have a resort reservation..was going to buy tickets when I got down there.

2. Does the ticket have to be in my hand to make FP+? (like being shipped when my 60 day window opens)

3. I have a one day comp ticket, not registered with MDE. How do I connect them if I need a ticket to make FP+?

Justinj2

Ok, maybe the answers are on this site somewhere. Couldn't find them, sorry if my questions are redundant!

1. Do I have to have a ticket to make FP+ reservations? I am approaching my 60 day window. I DO have a resort reservation..was going to buy tickets when I got down there.

2. Does the ticket have to be in my hand to make FP+? (like being shipped when my 60 day window opens)

3. I have a one day comp ticket, not registered with MDE. How do I connect them if I need a ticket to make FP+?

1. Yes Valid Media required to be linked to your account to use FP+ online.

2. If you buy tickets online at DisneyWorld.com you should be able to link the tickets already before they are even shipped not so sure tho.

3. Depending if it's a ticket their should be numbers on the back you'll use those to link it. If it's an E-Ticket you'll use the numbers located by the bar code to link to MyDisneyExperince.

horizons82

This is kind of in the realm of something I was going to ask as far as comp tickets go...

My dad is a CM and occasionally he has a complimentary ticket he is able to give out for someone to go. These comp tickets are printed from some kind of WDW site he has to log into and then the ticket it printed out.

The last time I received one from him was before FP+ was started, so I never paid attention as to whether or not there would be a ticket number or any kind of ID code that one would be able to link to their MDE and then be able to make FPs based on the comp ticket. This is specifically something I'd like to know if anyone can answer.

Justin...when you refer to an 'E-Ticket', is this the same thing I am talking about with the comp tickets printed off by CMs? If so, then I'd assume I'd be able to link that ticket to my MDE and then be able to make FPs once the time-frame allows for it.
______
As to one of the questions above...we bought our APs through the Disney site and were able to use the ID #s on the e-mailed receipt to link those tickets to our MDE before we picked them up, so I'd think the OP should be able to do this as well.

Justinj2

This is kind of in the realm of something I was going to ask as far as comp tickets go...

My dad is a CM and occasionally he has a complimentary ticket he is able to give out for someone to go. These comp tickets are printed from some kind of WDW site he has to log into and then the ticket it printed out.

The last time I received one from him was before FP+ was started, so I never paid attention as to whether or not there would be a ticket number or any kind of ID code that one would be able to link to their MDE and then be able to make FPs based on the comp ticket. This is specifically something I'd like to know if anyone can answer.

Justin...when you refer to an 'E-Ticket', is this the same thing I am talking about with the comp tickets printed off by CMs? If so, then I'd assume I'd be able to link that ticket to my MDE and then be able to make FPs once the time-frame allows for it.
______
As to one of the questions above...we bought our APs through the Disney site and were able to use the ID #s on the e-mailed receipt to link those tickets to our MDE before we picked them up, so I'd think the OP should be able to do this as well.
Correct that's what I'm referring to those are indeed link able to MyDisneyExperince.

LithiumBill

My mom broke her arm on Main Street (long story), and she was given her tickets and our tickets as well back, but had to be picked up at the gate to be used. (3 2day passes in total). We are now planning a trip in November... How do I use MDE with these tickets? Do I need to call customer service?

Any help would be great.

CaptainShortty

My mom broke her arm on Main Street (long story), and she was given her tickets and our tickets as well back, but had to be picked up at the gate to be used. (3 2day passes in total). We are now planning a trip in November... How do I use MDE with these tickets? Do I need to call customer service?

Any help would be great.

Yes, call guest services and make sure you have the incident number you were given for the tickets. They may not be able to get them to you until you go to guest relations (and only guest relations...not vacation planning, resort concierge, etc.) but if it is possible to do it beforehand, those would be the people to call.

LithiumBill

Yes, call guest services and make sure you have the incident number you were given for the tickets. They may not be able to get them to you until you go to guest relations (and only guest relations...not vacation planning, resort concierge, etc.) but if it is possible to do it beforehand, those would be the people to call.
Thanks so much. I was hoping that if I called, I could add those to the tickets we are purchasing for our trip. Kinda roll them into what we are buying, so I can use the FP+ planning.

I am so clueless to this system - we have timeshare off property, so I initially thought we could not use this or the magic bands... Are the tickets themselves the RIFD chips if you have no band?

CaptainShortty

Thanks so much. I was hoping that if I called, I could add those to the tickets we are purchasing for our trip. Kinda roll them into what we are buying, so I can use the FP+ planning.

I am so clueless to this system - we have timeshare off property, so I initially thought we could not use this or the magic bands... Are the tickets themselves the RIFD chips if you have no band?

Not a problem! Glad I could help! The whole MyMagic+ thing can be overwhelming and confusing at first but once you get the hang of it it becomes pretty simple. And about the tickets, yes you'd be correct. If you choose not to purchase a magicband, then you will use your tickets to access all of the MyMagic+ fun. They will gain you touch access to the turnstiles, as well as fastpass+ for the ones that you have preselected. Since you're staying offsite, it will not give you access to your room (obviously) and charging privileges or dining plan.

Let me know if I can be of any more help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom