Four days at WDW?

Goofier

I'm going to WDW at the end of September, beginning of October for just four days. The last time I went, I was with a huge group with a large age range for only four days, and didn't get to do a lot of what I wanted.

This time, it's a very small group with all adults, but still only four days.

I guess I'm just wondering what are the "must see" things to hit....the "must eat at" restaurants, since we obviously won't be there for too many meals. Any suggestions would be great to help me narrow things down and make the most out of my few days there.

Thanks in advance!

littlered

my must sees: Tower of Terror, Rockin' rollar coaster, Splash Mountian, Big thunder Mountian, Haunted Mansion, Space Ship Earth, Space Mountian, I could go on and on and on but those are most fav.
Must Eats: Le Cellier in Canda at EPCOT(if you like steak)

Upvote 0

Fido

Wow...been ages since I've posted here! :wave:
When my sister and I go, we usually only spend 4 days at the parks. I think 4 days gives you plenty of time IF you only plan on visiting the parks for the entirety of that period. We might do some Downtown Disney, mini-golf and stuff like that, but mainly we spend time in the parks.

Upvote 0

RedBaron

With the time of year you are going there will be very few lines, so you will probably be able to ride just about everything. And for sit down meals (at Epcot) I will say Morocco for the the different food and show. Since you are not going with kids you will be able to enjoy the experience, and Mexico for the cool atmosphere.

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

I agree with RedBaron, that time of year you really shouldn't have an issue seeing everything. Plus fastpasses help. My restaurant selection would be Akershus at the Norway pavilion in Epcot. Cold buffet with roast beef, ham, couple different fishes, shrimp and the usual buffet sides. Was skeptical of eating cold scrambled eggs but now i'm hooked. Especially when you mix it with the salmon. Plus you can select from a variety of hot dishes all for around $18 per adult.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

I agree with everyone else, that time of year four days will be plenty of time. Just try NOT to park hop.

MK - lunch at Crystal Palace is good
b'fast w/ Cinderella is good
counter svc at Cosmic Ray's is good

Epcot - dinner at San Angel Inn/ Nine Dragons / Garden Grill / Marakesh are
all good. Counter service is endless as well. Never really had a bad
meal there.

MGM - 50's Prime Time Cafe for dinner OR Sci-Fi for lunch.

AK - Donalds hamburger joint next door to Dinosaur OR Flame Tree BBQ

Have fun & remember to post a trip report when you get back :wave:

Upvote 0

DocOrange

Foolish Mortal said:
My restaurant selection would be Akershus at the Norway pavilion in Epcot.
Isn't Akershus an all-day character dining place now? Does anybody know if you can still get the regular Norwegian food there?

Upvote 0

Goofier

Original Poster
Gucci65 said:
I agree with everyone else, that time of year four days will be plenty of time. Just try NOT to park hop.

Sorry if this sounds like an idiot question, but why would I not want to park hop?

Upvote 0

Laura

There's a good chance I'll be there the same time. As far as I know I'll be there from Sept 25-Oct 4!

Back in 2003 my husband and I went for 4 days at that same time of year (Sept 29-Oct 2). The first day was only a half day, and then we had 2 full days followed by another half day. In the first 2 1/2 days we were able to see all 4 parks plus Typhoon Lagoon and did almost every attraction at each one, and a few sit down meals in there also. The 4th day we could have gone to Blizzard Beach but we decided to go to Downtown Disney instead. So we basically saw 5 parks in 2 1/2 days. September is a great time to go - no lines!

If I were going to go back now for 4 days I'd do something like this...

Day of arrival - Waterpark for a few hours, then sit down meal at Epcot (I like Garden Grill), visit World Showcase at night

Day 2 - Go back to Epcot and do Future World in the morning, then spend second half of the day at MGM Studios

Day 3 - Spend the day at Magic Kingdom, then have a sit down meal at 'Ohana after the park closes, or even leave MK early to be able to watch the fireworks during dinner

Day 4 - Have a sit down breakfast at Boma and then spend the day at Animal Kingdom

That would allow you to do about 80% of all the attractions at the 4 main parks, plus a waterpark, and also give you 3 sit down meals, 2 of which are at really neat resorts!

(Feel special - I used my 1,000th post on this!)

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Goofier said:
Sorry if this sounds like an idiot question, but why would I not want to park hop?

There are no idiot questions :)

If I only had four days to do the parks, I personally wouldn't take time out of my schedule to park hop during the day. HOWEVER, if you are in a park that closes early (ex: AK) and want to catch Illuminations or Fantasmic then definately park hop.

Sorry I should have been clearer in my original post. In some cases you can waste as much as 1 hour going from one park to another (worse case scenario - happened to us in December two yrs ago - going from MGM to MK). I want all my time spent in the parks, not waiting on a bus.......

When I only have four days, we try to catch an early evening flight and after we checkin to our hotel, we got directly to Downtown Disney, have dinner & shop. THEN spend our next four days in the parks and catch a flight home the evening of the fourth day (we usually make that an AK day and catch an 8pm flight).

Let us know how it all turns out!

Upvote 0

Goofier

Original Poster
Ah, okay, I understand the park hopping now. That makes a lot of sense. :) Thank you to all of you for your input! :)

Has anyone done Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Cause we're going to be doing that. Will that give me a lot of time in Magic Kingdom? Or will it be so different that it's like being in a different park?

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I think you will find that when asking for everybodys "must do" rides and attractions, everyone will quote the big rides/events (Big Thunder, Splash, Space, R'N'R, TOT, Mission, SE, Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic etc, etc) but alot of people enjoy and must do other rides, attractions etc.
My advice would be to buy a guide book (Unofficial Guide is popular and well respected) and read it cover to cover. You will find it an interesting read and it gives an insight to all currecnt rides, attractions, eating places and a whole lot more. Use the touring plans to find your best way around the parks and the attractions that you "must do"
Have fun :wave:

Upvote 0

KingStefan

DocOrange said:
Isn't Akershus an all-day character dining place now? Does anybody know if you can still get the regular Norwegian food there?

Akershus is indeed an all-day character dining place now. However, for lunch and dinner, the menu has not changed; it is still the regular Norwegian food. I'm going in a few weeks and have a PS for lunch and specifically wanted both a character meal and Norwegian food, so I made sure of that from the CM that handled my PS.

Upvote 0

DocOrange

KingStefan said:
Akershus is indeed an all-day character dining place now. However, for lunch and dinner, the menu has not changed; it is still the regular Norwegian food. I'm going in a few weeks and have a PS for lunch and specifically wanted both a character meal and Norwegian food, so I made sure of that from the CM that handled my PS.
Wow, great news! Thanks for the info. I haven't been there for nearly 20 years, and had been really looking forward to eating there again, and was really disappointed to hear it might be history.

I now have visions of elbowing Snow White out of the way to get to the pickled herring. ;)

Upvote 0

KingStefan

DocOrange said:
Wow, great news! Thanks for the info. I haven't been there for nearly 20 years, and had been really looking forward to eating there again, and was really disappointed to hear it might be history.

I now have visions of elbowing Snow White out of the way to get to the pickled herring. ;)

Well, that's great, Doc. I'm very happy for you. I hope you have a wonderful visit to WDW.

I know it's a little off topic, but I'm curious: Anything special bring you back after 20 years, and any reason you stayed away so long :animwink: ?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom