Fort Wilderness

JoeyJoe

I have been to all the WDW resorts time and again, but never been to Ft Wilderness. I live in Manhattan, so I am not really the "trailer hook-up" type. But the cabins look interesting. Has anyone ever stayed in the cabins and know what they are like?? Is it worth a change to stay in them or should i just go book over at The Lodge again??

Any info would be great!!!

Thanks you guys!!!:wave:

Pioneer Hall

You need to be ready to accept that you won't have that resort feeling. When you want something you can't just run to the lobby downstairs to get it. If you can handle not being in that hotel atmosphere then I guess it would be a fun change.

Upvote 0

flyersmv

i would say deinatly dont stay there.....its not bad but im not a tralor person at all and i stayed there and HATED it we got moved to the disney institue (soon to be saratoga spring) the next day

Upvote 0

JohnMan

I've stayed in the cabins a number of times and have always enjoyed it. We're actually staying there again this Nov. We've also stayed at the Caribean Beach Resort, Polynesian, and Wilderness Lodge.

DisneyInsider is dead on stating that you can't just run to the lobby and grab something. There's a store near Pioneer Hall so you're not totally stuck incase you need food/drink. Also the cabins have everything you need (stove, microwave, fridge, TV, etc...).

I would also suggest renting a golf cart during your stay, especially if your cabin is located far away from the Pioneer Hall area (that's where you get bus/boat transportation to the rest of WDW). It beats waiting for the internal FW busses.

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

I've stayed in the cabins and they are really nice. They are roomier than a regular hotel room- they have a nice kitchen and living room area. You get that outdoorsy feel at Ft. Wilderness, but trust me, you aren't "roughing it" in the cabins. :D

Upvote 0

GrumpysGal

Yea, they are definately really great for a big family....they are roomy and very convenient if you need the kitchen. I always enjoy staying there. It's usually the place I stay when my family plans a trip. It's a nice change. I recommend them. :)

Upvote 0

wolf29

I am also from NY and just returned from the FW Cabins. We will absolutely be returning there this Oct. They have the feel of a home. You can park in front in your rental car, if you have one. The bus transportation around the place is a breeze. We passed on the golf cart, but may get one next trip. The place is a short ride to anywhere in the Park, grocery store less than 10 minutes away. I say try it.

Upvote 0

swimnoid

We have stayed in most of the moderate and below hotels and the cabins. For us the cabins are by far the best place to stay. It is so much more relaxed. But again, we have been here so many times that we dont have that need to be rushing all over the place to be in the parks all the time. We enjoy just hanging out too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom