fort wilderness cabin question

north

We have 5 adults going in Nov. I booked a cabin for the first time. Anyone stayed at this resort ... what are your likes/dislikes... They look nice but would like to hear first hand.

Thanks

Lance

The Cabins are beautiful and very under-rated accomadations in WDW. You won't be disappointed.

Fort Wilderness is my favorite resort. I recommend you rent a golf cart during your stay for transportation around the resort.

The only dislike I have about Fort Wilderness is the Mosquitos in late August around the Camp-sites. And since they closed the beach many years ago, it's been really dead down by the dock, the dock used to be so lively.

Upvote 0

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
i stayed there in Feb 2001 and my only complaint was my TV. It was a leftover from the 70's and it showed/

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by north
We have 5 adults going in Nov. I booked a cabin for the first time. Anyone stayed at this resort ... what are your likes/dislikes... They look nice but would like to hear first hand.

I think you'll have a wonderful time... Fort Wilderness is a completly seperate world from anything else... there's TONS of activities going on, movies, campfires, recreational activities...

The bus system is a bit confusing at first for some folks... but once they figure it out, it's a piece of cake. There are 3 internal routes that run strictly within Fort Wilderness... The Yellow and Purple routes circle through the area, and the Orange runs up and down the center, and to the TTC. Busses run in 10min intervals.

Upvote 0

Hurricane

hope they are short adults! I'm 6'2" and recently stayed in the bunk beds at WL (which I am relatively certain are the same size as the bunk beds in the cabins, I didn't sleep on the bunk beds when i stayed at the cabins) The bunk beds are located in the bedroom. There is also a very nice murphy bed (folds out of the wall, full size i believe) a couch that will sleep a college kid who's used to crappy beds. and then theres a full/queen sized bed in the master bedroom.

Full kitched (yes FULL, oven and full sized refrigerator included) So if you want to take advantage of that and go food shopping don't go shopping at the goodings/albertons (forget what it is now) at Crossroads (the shopping center just outside of the partner hotels/downtown disney) it is owned by disney and the prices reflect it, just down the road there is a publix with sane prices. Also the prices at Ft Wilderness general store are *slightly* fixed.

The bus transportation wasn't too bad (though it was right outside our window so we could sit and watch TV till the bus came and then run out and catch it. This was back in the chip and dale days so i'm not sure if its gotten better or worse but we never had problems making connections or whatever.

They do cram a lot of the cabins (which incase you hadn't picked up are double wide trailers, yes it fits in the with the wilderness/podunk theming, all you need is a Cops crew and it would be completely authentic) in a small area, so you're really close to your neighbor, which makes dining al fresco a bit uncomfortable

Overall a great place to stay, second only to the Wilderness Lodge (but that was never in contention)

Upvote 0

mej

I'm glad to know that the cabin accomodation is better than in DLP - I stayed in Camp Davy Crockett 4 years ago and was disappointed by the standard of fittings and cleanliness. The Camp itself was great - nice pool/shops/farm etc, but the accomodation was a let down

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by Hurricane
This was back in the chip and dale days so i'm not sure if its gotten better or worse but we never had problems making connections or whatever.

It's gotten a lot better. We now run colors... the Yellow and Purple run around the outside circle of FW, and the Orange runs up and down, and then on to the TTC. Busses to Epcot, DAK, and DTD are at the Outpost Depot (Gateway), and Bus to Studios is at the Settlement, along with a boat to MK.

Internal busses run every 10 mins, external busses run every 10-20 mins.

Upvote 0

MaryL

We've stayed at Fort Wilderness the last three trips. Love that place! Never stayed in the cabins, we have a motohome, so I don't know anything about them. I do know that you will love Fort Wilderness. It doesn't seem as hectic as the other resorts. It's peaceful, quiet (most of the time) and relaxing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom