Football and Disney?

jchriscandy

Where would be the best place to catch a football game on tv while visiting disney? Our family will be traveling in October but would still like to catch a game on Saturday night. Any suggestions?

Moustronaut

Other than your rooom... the best place may be the ESPN club at Disney's Boardwalk. Also might try the lounge at Contemporary. Many of the other resort lounges may have it on too.

Upvote 0

Peter Parker

My guess would be ESPN restaurant at the Boardwalk. I am not sure if their is any place to watch at Disney Wide World of Sports Complex. I would also think that at Downtown Disney a few spots might be a possibility. I watched New England beat the Rams at a small bar at Coronado Springs Resort. This was probably one of the best times I ever had watching a SuperBowl, & I am a Dolphin Fan.

Upvote 0

goofyfan13

Peter Parker said:
My guess would be ESPN restaurant at the Boardwalk. I am not sure if their is any place to watch at Disney Wide World of Sports Complex. I would also think that at Downtown Disney a few spots might be a possibility. I watched New England beat the Rams at a small bar at Coronado Springs Resort. This was probably one of the best times I ever had watching a SuperBowl, & I am a Dolphin Fan.

There is a restaurant at WWoS, the name slips my mind, Something along the lines of All-Star Grill? I haven't been there in a long time so I can't really remember, but they have a big sports bar atmosphere with plenty of TV's.

Upvote 0

Chernabog

The ESPN club at the boardwalk is a great place as is the All-Star Grill in the Wide World of Sports Complex. I caution however that if it's a big game you may want to get there kinda early. My friends and I were there during the Georgia-Florida weekend last year and the ESPN club was packed but we had an amazing time (all being Ga fans in the state of Florida is kinda fun especailly when you meet others and can band together :lookaroun ).

Upvote 0

J Sulley

Many anwsers have been provided but here is some detail...

The All Star Cafe will surely meet your needs with several big-screens on each of the extra large eating area. They also have speakers at each table so you can actually hear your game of choice.

The ESPN Club is bit more classy and maintained enviroment with some games for the kiddies as well. I actually viewed games at both two weekends ago and give food, service and quality tv's to ESPN Club. But...I was able to have a drink at All Star Cafe and listen with a alot less crowd while my Lions gave the Packers a beat down (to bad we slept through the game @Chicago.)

Honestly, either will be just fine.

Upvote 0

Number_6

I have to agree that ESPN Club and All-Star Cafe would be the best places on property to watch a game. The plus side to ESPN Club is that if you can get yourself a booth over on the Sidelines(Bar) side, you have your own television in the wall there and can get whatever game you want just by asking your server. In All-Star Cafe, they have multiple flatscreens all around the upper section of the main dining room and smaller televisions mounted beneath them. You can seem most of the games, but may have to turn around for some of them, but you have a nice little speaker box at your table so you can listen to the audio for whatever game you are watching. ESPN Club has rows of televisions mounted all throughout so you can usually just turn your head slightly and see the game you want and two or three others at the same time. Plus one very large screen that will show the game they decide on with full audio. There are no other audio options available, though, so you may be listening to audio of two teams you can't stand instead of the game you want to watch.

Upvote 0

maconMouse

goofyfan13 said:
There is a restaurant at WWoS, the name slips my mind, Something along the lines of All-Star Grill? I haven't been there in a long time so I can't really remember, but they have a big sports bar atmosphere with plenty of TV's.

Yes, that's the All Star Cafe at WWoS. I think the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk is nicer and is a much more lively and fun atmosphere. Our dinner was really outstanding at the ESPN Club also. The chili, hot wings, sandwiches, and salads were all great. If you're with a party of four or more, go for the awesome Super Bowl Sundae for dessert (very similar to the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream).

For football, they have tons of screens at the ESPN Club with all the games that are on across the nation. We were there two Saturday nights ago, and they had the college football game with the greatest fan interest on the big screen. Periodically, they will poll the crowds to see what game you want up there too. We didn't have to wait too long either for a table.

However, on NFL Sundays I've heard the ESPN Club fills up quickly starting at 10:30 AM for those wanting a table for a 1:00 PM game. Sounds like an awesome atmosphere too!

You'll have fun no matter when you're there. On weekday nights, they have some great celebrity guests too. Here's a few links on it.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=ESPNDiningPage
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_espn.htm

By the way, does anyone know is ESPN Club unique to Walt Disney World? I have only seen ESPN Zone restaurants across the country, and never another ESPN Club. With Disney's ties to ESPN, I thought this might be the only ESPN Club.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Forget the REAL world - concentrate on having fun while you're away at WDW - set the VCR so you can watch the game when you get home !
Oh nearly forgot - WELCOME :wave:

Upvote 0

cj2me

ESPN CLUB without a doubt...Me and my husband are big footbal fans, he likes College I like Pro, I of course didnt look at his beloved Sooners schedule a couple of years back and booked the trip for the Weekend of the Red River Shootout (Oklahoma vs Texas), so I (knowng how much the love of football means) agreed to go to the ESPN club to watch the game. I am so glad I did, the atomsphere was INCREDIBLE. Every TV has a different game and there were fans there to represent each team, it was AWESOME. The game was at 1, we didnt end up leaving until about 6 becuase we had such a great time. We keep on saying we have to plan another trip just to go there and watch a football game, it was that good.

Upvote 0

Peter Parker

I hear you Captain Hook............. However, I am going to WDW late Oct. & will be planning my Saturday around Canes football. I will have to work it so that we happen to be somewhere that their happens to be a TV showing the game. My only fear is that Central Florida is more Nole & Gator Country so I think I will have a tough time catching the game. I would also feel bad sitting my family thru a game while at WDW. The good think is that my wife loves Disney & as long as she is their & has money I know she will be able to figure out what to do for 4 hrs. We plan to be at WDW for 9 days so I will have plenty of time after that to enjoy the MAGIC. Specially if they get the "W".

DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN CANES FOOTBALL AT WALT DISNEY WORLD.
In the words of Private Kellen Winslow -" It is all about the Ears " or is that U...

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

ESPN club was cool, we ate there a couple of times in June. They have professional athletes come in and answer questions several nites of the week. We got to meet Fred Beasley (FB 49'ers) and Deuce McCallister (RB Saints) when we were there. Beware, pitchers of beer are $17.

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

Chernabog said:
The ESPN club at the boardwalk is a great place as is the All-Star Grill in the Wide World of Sports Complex. I caution however that if it's a big game you may want to get there kinda early. My friends and I were there during the Georgia-Florida weekend last year and the ESPN club was packed but we had an amazing time (all being Ga fans in the state of Florida is kinda fun especailly when you meet others and can band together :lookaroun ).

Go U Hairy DAWGS!!!!!

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Agreeing with everyone else, ESPN Club is by far the best. A few years ago we watched the Illini in the Sugar Bowl game there, and we ended up hanging out for the game before as well. I think we got there at noon, and left about midnight. The atmosphere is great, and the food is a slightly classier version of ballpark food. There really isn't a bad seat in the house for the main screens, and there are even TVs in the bathrooms so you don't have to miss a minute of the game!

enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom