Foodie Question...

TheTourist

Original Poster
My wife and I are going to Universal at the beginning of February 2020, and I'm hoping for a dinner reco for the first night we're there. Mrs. Tourist is gluten sensitive, so that's a consideration, but price isn't that much of a concern... as long as the food is worth it.

I've had some good food experiences at Universal in the past (Tchoup Shop, Cowfish, Mythos, etc.) We're staying at Cabana Bay this time but eating there seems to be a non-starter, so I'm looking for a sit down experience either in one of the hotels or City Walk.

Anything new or little known we need to try out?

Much obliged!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hello fellow can't do gluten person here and both Margaritaville and Antojitos went above and beyond helping our family eat safely. That being said we did like Antojitos better(tableside guac YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Margaritaville was a bit more basic but sill good with a fun atmosphere

lebeau

My wife and I are going to Universal at the beginning of February 2020, and I'm hoping for a dinner reco for the first night we're there. Mrs. Tourist is gluten sensitive, so that's a consideration, but price isn't that much of a concern... as long as the food is worth it.

I've had some good food experiences at Universal in the past (Tchoup Shop, Cowfish, Mythos, etc.) We're staying at Cabana Bay this time but eating there seems to be a non-starter, so I'm looking for a sit down experience either in one of the hotels or City Walk.

Anything new or little known we need to try out?

Much obliged!

Haven't eaten there myself but reviews for Big Fire have been very good.

Rowlff

Highly recommend Bice at Protofino. A little pricy, but by far the best meal I've had on Universal property (that still exists, tchoup tchoup I felt was better just because it was a little different). One of the best meals I've had in Orlando period. (WDW/UO/convention area). Good fine dining Northern Italian food on par with nice little Italian places here in NYC. I think they have gluten free pasta options too, but I'd check before going.

Disneyhead'71

The 2 best restaurants on property are BiCE at Portofino Bay and Palm at Hard Rock Hotel.

BiCE is northern Italian fare. It is very good, and very romantic.

Palm is a NYC style high end steakhouse.

I also really like Mama Della's at Portofino Bay. Not quite as high end as BiCE but still quite nice and they have roaming musicians performing classic Italian music.

I also really like Strongwater Tavern at Sapphire Falls right across the street from Cabana Bay. It is a Rum Bar with an awesome small plates menu of Caribbean dishes. (On the menu linked below, scroll past the rums for the food items.)

Last edited:

Jimmy Thick

The Palm.

Get the 16oz New York strip medium rare.

One order of the mashed potatoes.

One order of the hash browns, yes a lot of potato but trust me.

One order of broccoli if available.

One order of asparagus if available.

Two orders of mushrooms and onions.

That's probably about $125-150 for two people but you won't find a better steak in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom