Food & Wine Festival and Crowds

Icarus2285

Planning on attending this year's Food and Wine Festival for the first time. Just trying to get an idea of the effect it has on the overall crowds not only at EPCOT, but at the other parks as well. Also, does it make much difference going at the beginning or the end of the festival? I was planning on going somewhere around the second week of October.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Epcot does get busier, particularly at the weekends when the locals head in. I don't think the other parks really see an impact.

It tends to be busier at the start and end of the festival

Upvote 0

shipley731

Try to stay away from Saturdays & Sundays during the fesitval - they tend to be the busiest days, especially during the beginning of the fesitval - really long lines. Husband & I usually go on a Friday or a Monday.

Upvote 0

durangojim

We were there the third weekend of October last year and the crowds were light with little to no waits in EPCOT and the same at other parks.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

If you do it midweek, it's not that bad. Locals will go on the weekends, and Friday nights for dinner. So if you can avoid the prime time for locals, afternoons are pretty reasonable. Of course, lines can build at meal times, but they are pretty good about cranking people through the lines.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We were also there the third week in October last year. We found all the parks to be quite quiet until our final Friday and Saturday. EPCOT got somewhat crowded later in the day, but if you go to FW and do your rides in the morning, and then wander over to the WS just before lunch, you can eat your way around the World without much traffic. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Jaytrod

I went to F&W 3 separate weekends this past year. Once in the first week, once in the middle of the event, and once during the last week. I was only there Fridays - Mondays so I don't have any input on the difference between the weekend and weekdays, but the 3 separate times I was there the crowds seemed to be the same every time. It was not overly crowded, but it was cramped in some places around the countries as you would imagine. The ride lines actually seemed shorter than usual. Probably because the majority of the people were at least checking out the fest rather than riding attractions all day. I did notice that the food quality and portions got a little worse as the fest went on. As for the other parks, they definitely felt an impact from the festival.. HS was basically a walk on every ride except TSMM, and MK crowds seemed lighter than usual as well. All in all, I wouldn't worry too much about the crowds. All 3 trips were very enjoyable and crowds were one of the last things on my mind once I got around all that delicious food. So much so , that I already made reservations for the first week of the fest next year. Enjoy your trip :wave:

Upvote 0

magicbymarriage

My wife and I attended this past October and generally the crowds were light. Weekends were busy. Saturday nights were packed with inebriated guests. The food and wine festival is definitely a good time; just avoid the crowds if you can.

Upvote 0

Icarus2285

Original Poster
Thank you all for the info. Everyone's been very helpful. I was a little worried about the crowds, but now I can just focus on planning our trip! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom