Food & Wine Fest.

Lightyear

Original Poster
We are leaving in 10 days for a birthday trip for my son. We have never been to the Food & Wine fest. Will this sort of thing be torture for my kids? What is it really? What do you pay for? What is the best and worst thing about this event?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lisa
Lightyear

Stitch's Cousin

The F&W festival is located in Epcot - there are special booths and exhibits set up around the World Showcase. Attached is a link describing the family-oriented exhibits:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...etail?id=FoodWineFunForFamilySpecialEventPage

Many exhibits and seminars are "free" (included in park admission). There are special food/beverage booths set up arund the countries that sell samples for around $3 - $5. I'd say the best thing about the F&W fest is just the ability to try and sample different foods and beverages from around the world. The worst would be that they're not all free!

Jerm

Lisa you will LOVE IT!!!!! I made it last year for the first time and it is great. The nice thing is it does not overpower WS, the booths are all over the place but not in the way. You don't have to pay for anything if you don't want too, but it is a great way to try everything from everywhere for not to much. www.wdwig.com has a lot of good info on the event. We get there on the 30th so we will be enjoying it for a few days. I really can't wait to try all the things I missed last year.

J

Moustronaut

Lightyear said:
Will this sort of thing be torture for my kids? ... What is the best and worst thing about this event?

Will it be torture for kids? No. More likely than not, they will be completely oblivious to it.

In years past, there have been some interactive food booths with activities just for kids. Delmonte had a fruits and veggies area last year with some kids activites and I think the National Peanut board has something set up targeted towards kids. Both gave away small food treats (fruit cup and peanut butter). This year is New England Fair and Buzz about Bees. Maybe free maple syrup and honey samples.

The only thing you have to pay for is if you order food and wine at the tasting booths. There are something like 22 booths around Epcot's World Showcase. Each booth has food, wine, and beer from a specific region of the world.

Your children may appreciate the food items depending on their tastes. They run from $2-$5 for an individual size portion. You can easily snack your way around world showcase and skip a meal. Obviously the wine part of the festival will be totally meaningless to them.

Crowds aren't huge this time of year. The food and wine fest only attracts visitiors to World Showcase in Epcot. And even then it ebbs and flows with the cooking demonstration and wine seminar schedules. So if you don't spend much time in World Showcase at Epcot, you might not even know it was happening.

Scooter

This is a great event and they have several areas set aside for kids.
Your kids might enjoy trying the new foods.

The only problem we noticed is the inebriated guests.
Some of them seem to use this festival as an excuse to just get drunk and stupid.

tigger248

Lightyear said:
We are leaving in 10 days for a birthday trip for my son. We have never been to the Food & Wine fest. Will this sort of thing be torture for my kids? What is it really? What do you pay for? What is the best and worst thing about this event?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lisa
Lightyear

Hi Lisa! :wave:

You'll have a lot of fun at food and wine fest. Your kids most likely will not be bored either. The attractions are the same in Epcot, plus they may enjoy sampling some of the food. There also have been extra topiaries the last couple of years, which are fun to look at. It's a great time to visit. All ears net also has some information about Food and wine fest. Here's a link http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/foodwine.htm

I'm so jealous. 10 days? Can I come too? :lol: I still have another 45 days! Look forward to seeing you at the disney store soon. I'm just waiting for my training call.

Moustronaut

Scooter said:
Some of them seem to use this festival as an excuse to just get drunk and stupid.

They don't always need the festival for that. Ask anyone that has played "Drink around the world"

But really if you're worried about this, go to world showcase earlier in the day. That way there's been less time for people to... enjoy too much.

Lightyear

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you! It is so much better to read first hand experience. We will give it a try maybe early in the day to avoid the drunken guests!

Thanks !

Lisa

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom