Food Vouchers??

GoGiants!

Will be going first time in Dec. What is the deal with those quick and casual food vouchers...Ive seen people trying to sell them on ebay. Where do these originally come from and what's the cost. On ebay I've seen them sell for more than I thought they would. Over 10++

Also anyone know what the policy is at WDW on bringing outside food in. Do they check your bags like they do here in CA??

barnum42

Don't buy vouchers or tickets on Ebay - unless you want to take a big risk of getting a worthless bit of paper.

There is a voucher anyone in Animal Kingdom can buy for the counter service restaurants:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guests ages 12 and up $11.99[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guests ages 3-11 $5.99[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Certificate is good for:[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One counter service entree plus a beverage at any of the following: Animal Kingdom counter service restaurants: Restaurantosaurus, Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, Tusker House.
One box of popcorn or an ice cream bar
One bottled drink (soda or water)
[/font]

Your bags will be searched, but bringing your own food into the park is no longer banned.

Upvote 0

Dopey Dave

We bought some vouchers last year on ebay, then spent way too much time finding places where we could get what we spent for them. I think we bought them for around $12.

Only place you really get your moneys worth is Beaches and Creme. :slurp:

Upvote 0

raven

barnum42 said:
There is a voucher anyone in Animal Kingdom can buy for the counter service restaurants:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guests ages 12 and up $11.99[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guests ages 3-11 $5.99[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Certificate is good for:[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One counter service entree plus a beverage at any of the following: Animal Kingdom counter service restaurants: Restaurantosaurus, Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, Tusker House.
One box of popcorn or an ice cream bar
One bottled drink (soda or water)
[/font]

Your bags will be searched, but bringing your own food into the park is no longer banned.

The Animal Kindom vouchers are great. They say you have to use all of the tivkets on that voucher on the same day but I've used them on multiple days before.

The only other voucher I can think of is when there is a huge convention or another large group that visits the parks (like marching bands). They sometimes receive food vouches to use but I don't know the qualifications for that.

And as stated above, you can now bring in your own food into the park. I took a box of doughnut holes onto SE and no one said anything. :animwink:

Upvote 0

stitchlvr

We had quick and casual vouchers as part of our group (Magic Music Days). Since the cost of our package deal included these, it was fine, but I don't know if I would have specifically purchased them otherwise. We received one meal voucher per day per person (plus $7 Disney Dollars per day per person for breakfast). There are 5 of us, and we often used 2 vouchers for lunch and shared the 2 meals between one kid and the 2 adults, and then purchased 2 kids meals for the other kids (at about $3.50 each) and saved the 3 other vouchers for dinner, and did the same thing. We actually ended up eating very well on our last day and had vouchers leftover because of several special meals we had that the vouchers were not good at. (side note...we had no park days left but were still in Orlando visiting Universal and ended up getting back into All Star Movies where we had stayed a few days earlier, to use the vouchers. The gate attendant didn't check the date on our parking pass, so we were able to get back into All Stars to use the last of our vouchers even though we were not property guests or day guests in the park)

But keeping in mind that the vouchers include dessert, all the places we ate at didnt' give us an option to eat the dessert later, so we would get a huge meal and then dessert and a soft drink, which was in most cases worth about what it would cost to purchase the voucher. Bbut would you always buy a dessert and drink at every meal? We normally would not (who wants to be that bloated walking around all day in the heat? :hurl:

If you're looking for a way to "prepay" for your meals to help with the budget, they might be a good idea. But if you buy on ebay, be sure to check the feedback of the seller and do your research (know what you're paying for shipping and figure that into the cost factor. Know what other auctions are going for before you bid. Check on completed auctions etc). I'm a seller on ebay so I know not all of them are out to rip you off! I know there are ways to buy the vouchers yourself, and avoid the middle man, but I'm not certain of how.

Upvote 0

raven

FamilyMan said:
I do hope you were decent enough not to eat on the attractions... ;) Besides, some of the AAs on SE can get pretty hungry...:lookaroun

Nope, I shared them with the other people in the same vehicle as me...and I didn't even know them! (*pats self on back*) :D

Upvote 0

Connears

There are three types of vouchers:
Breakfast: good for any sitdown breakfast including the character meals (not at Swan/Dolphin) and these are 18.75
quick&casual: these are good for almost all the counter service restaurants at the parks(except some carts) and many of the food courts in resorts. Good for one entree, side, drink, dessert for 11.50
Kingdom luncheon: good for sit-down restaurants in parks/resorts but only for lunch. They are 30.00 we do not usually have a big lunch so these were not for us. They are for lunch only at one of the sit-downs in WDW.
We have used the breakfast and q&c and love them. Nice to have some meals pre-paid. CM know about them and you don't have any problems using them. They also include tax and gratuity so they are good deal in that respect.
We were Connections members (yearly membership was $79.00) and always had great service from them; although others have had issues. If you join for a trial $1/one month, make sure you cancel on time or they will charge you for the year. You can buy up to 40 of each kind of voucher per year. They increased the yearly fee significantly ($139/yr) so I did not rejoin. We have seen people selling these vouchers for WAY over value at e-bay. I don't recommend that. Floridaorlandotickets.com now sells these at a higher price than connections but they are the same vouchers; Hotwiresavingsclub.com (got to Hotwire.com and there is a link) sells them at the same price as connections. There is no fee with Floridaornadotickets.com and Hotwire has a $1 trial monthly membership. WE DO LOVE HAVING THESE AND used 6 BREAKFAST AND 12 Q& C TO USE FOR OUR 12/28-1/02/04 TRIP. Just joined hotwiresavings.com and received the q&c and breakfast vouchers already for our December 04 trip.

Connears

Upvote 0

AEfx

I really like the Vacation Kingdom Lunch vouchers. I don't use the Quick&Casuals because normally it's not a good deal for me, as I don't want a dessert from most fast-food visits. I can get a combo meal and a drink for $8-9, instead of paying 11.50 for a voucher and feeling like I wasted money if I do not want a dessert.

Now, with the VKL's, I get to eat at very expensive WDW eateries, am able to select off the regular menu, and get a full meal pre-paid. So I plan my "main" meal of the day for lunch, and get in those "special" restaurants that I want to without breaking the back. Pre-paying is great, because you can really eat off the menu without even looking at prices. You get an appetizer, main course, and dessert (which is usually incredible, unlike the selections at quick service). Many times if there are two of us we use one voucher, and buy an extra appetizer or dessert. If you have always wanted to try Le Cellier, the Concourse Steakhouse, or some other high-end restaurant on the list, they are for you. I usually plan 2-3 of these special lunches in a week-long visit.

However, as everyone says, do NOT buy any vouchers on eBay. They are horribly, horribly over-priced, and you can get them yourself by joining a club like hotwire. I hate to reference another board, but this link has the most comprehensive info you will find about the vouchers in one place, and will explain the whole thing in detail : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=435889

AEfx

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom