Food and Wine on the DDP

Corylancaster

Original Poster
It has been a few years since we have been to wdw and gone to the food and wine festival. We will be using the DDP. I know that this is not always the best use of a credit and that some think the DDP is not a good deal etc etc, so all that aside...Can anybody tell me what changes, if any, have been made as to what credits can be used at the booths? The last time we went we could only use snack credits, but I have heard they were allowing QS credits now also. I've also heard you can now swap out desert for other items at restaraunts and QS locations, is that also true and what are the details for that?

MissMaryEli

I can't answer all of your questions, but I've been told you can exchange a QS meal for 3 snack credits. I haven't personally done this, but my good friend who goes to Disney several times a year has done so. If you are planning on snacking through Epcot rather than have a meal, this may be a good option.

Weather_Lady

The new DDP "rules" do allow you to trade a CS meal entitlement for 3 snacks from the same menu (so if you wanted to trade a CS meal entitlement for 3 snacks at Food & Wine, it appears that you would be required to use those 3 credits all at the same kiosk). It is a great change to the DDP, however, and gives much-appreciated flexibility to people like me, who are happy to forgo fountain beverages and desserts in favor of more snacky things.

More details and information about the new "rules" and other permissible substitutions here - http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/07/08/2016-disney-dining-plan-changes-and-updates/

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom