Flying home

Familyfun

Does anyone ever check there departure time out of MCO to see if it has changed ??? if so how do you do that ?? Do you have to notify ME if it has been changed ?? and how far in advance do you notify them ?

MickeyTigg

Familyfun said:
Does anyone ever check there departure time out of MCO to see if it has changed ??? if so how do you do that ?? Do you have to notify ME if it has been changed ?? and how far in advance do you notify them ?

I have our airline's phone number loaded into our cell phones.

Upvote 0

shadsdad

I also program the airlines number in to my cell phone and check the flight in the morning. Also, if you have E tickets, the front desk at your disney resort can print your boarding passes for you no matter what airline you are on.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
shadsdad said:
I also program the airlines number in to my cell phone and check the flight in the morning. Also, if you have E tickets, the front desk at your disney resort can print your boarding passes for you no matter what airline you are on.

This is news to me. I knew DME "participating airlines" can check luggage and get boarding passes for domestic flights. How does printing boarding passes at the front desk work?

Wouldn't you still have to line up to check bags at MCO? I'm confused...

Upvote 0
When we checked our bags at the WL last summer, our boarding passes were printed at the DME check-in kiosk. Very fast and easy. Once we arrived at the airport later in the day, all we had to do was head to our gate. A big mistake we made in the afternoon was checking at this same kiosk to see if everything with our flight was ok. Well, it wasn't. It was delayed by more than 4 hours, and we were told at the airport that this information had been available for quite some time before we departed from WL. Lesson: Call the airlines directly and check for yourself. Our flight was originally scheduled to leave quite late. Add-on 4 extra hours to that departure time (and the fact that this was a Sunday) and you have a lot of sitting in a basically closed airport. The only food and drinks available came from vending machines. Not fun.

Upvote 0

shadsdad

Only certian airlines are on the DME list that lets you check your bags and get boarding passes at the Resort. However the front desk will print bording passes for e tickets on the airlines not on the DME list. Just ask. They go to the airlines web site, you give them your confirmation numbers and they print your boarding passes. They have done this for Southwest and USAIRWAYS for us several times.

Upvote 0

metman

is north west airlines on the list

and does this work for international customers as well.
i would love the option of booking our bags in the morning and having a full day at the parks as our flight is 5.00 pm in the evening.

thanks for any help guys

Upvote 0

tigsmom

TiggerRPh said:
I have our airline's phone number loaded into our cell phones.

Thats what we do too. Also, you can check on their website if you have a computer. Never used ME so I couldn't tell you about that. :wave:

Upvote 0

abe_bb

Supposedly (according a disney CM we talked to...)

If you have E-Tickets, and are flying a non-dme airline, they will print out what you need before you leave if you ask. All you have to do is ask, not at the DME check in desk but at the hotel's guest services.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

shadsdad said:
Only certian airlines are on the DME list that lets you check your bags and get boarding passes at the Resort. However the front desk will print bording passes for e tickets on the airlines not on the DME list. Just ask. They go to the airlines web site, you give them your confirmation numbers and they print your boarding passes. They have done this for Southwest and USAIRWAYS for us several times.
I didn't know they'd do this - we'll definitely take advantage of it when we go in May! Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
metman said:
is north west airlines on the list

and does this work for international customers as well.
i would love the option of booking our bags in the morning and having a full day at the parks as our flight is 5.00 pm in the evening.

thanks for any help guys

DME is only good for domestic flights. If you're flying international, you have to take your bags with you regardless of airline. Sorry :cry:

abe_bb said:
Supposedly (according a disney CM we talked to...)

If you have E-Tickets, and are flying a non-dme airline, they will print out what you need before you leave if you ask. All you have to do is ask, not at the DME check in desk but at the hotel's guest services.

I just wonder why you would bother? If you're checking bags, don't you have to stand in the same line at the airport? What is the advantage of printing your boarding pass in advance?

Granted, if you only have carry-on, this would be beneficial, but I go down with one bag and return with four... [gots to get my swag :lol:]

Upvote 0

Nemo14

MontyMon said:
I just wonder why you would bother? If you're checking bags, don't you have to stand in the same line at the airport? What is the advantage of printing your boarding pass in advance?

Granted, if you only have carry-on, this would be beneficial, but I go down with one bag and return with four... [gots to get my swag :lol:]
The advantage to SW airline is that since there are no assigned seats, the earlier you get your boarding passes, the better the odds that your party will be able to sit together.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom