Florida Resident Ticket Question

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

My family and I are planning out first trip to Universal Orlando and I had a question. My mom just moved down to Florida last year and I was wondering if it is ok to have her purchase park tickets for my two kids (11 & 14) using her resident discount for out upcoming trip? Do they ask for id from kids?

Thanks in advance for the help!

JoeCamel

Hi Everyone,

My family and I are planning out first trip to Universal Orlando and I had a question. My mom just moved down to Florida last year and I was wondering if it is ok to have her purchase park tickets for my two kids (11 & 14) using her resident discount for out upcoming trip? Do they ask for id from kids?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Your mom is a resident and is entitled to purchase tickets for others at her discount, I'm not sure where the ID comes in but you do tie the ticket to a person. Or is she not an AP holder?

Last edited:

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Your mom is a resident and is entitled to purchase tickets for others at her discount, I'm not sure where the ID comes in but you do tie the ticket to a person. Or is she not an AP holder?
She is not an AP holder. I just have been told conflicting information on whether or not they ID kids at the gate to confirm that are Florida Residents.

Any history of dealing with this?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Historically, every ticket holder had to satisfy the Florida Residency requirements which can be checked either at redemption or at the turnstiles on first use. All of the park operators have had too many issues with non-residents trying to get discounts with resident tickets. It may work, but it may also not work and you'll have to pay the difference to a full-price ticket if they do not let you though the gates.

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Historically, every ticket holder had to satisfy the Florida Residency requirements which can be checked either at redemption or at the turnstiles on first use. All of the park operators have had too many issues with non-residents trying to get discounts with resident tickets. It may work, but it may also not work and you'll have to pay the difference to a full-price ticket if they do not let you though the gates.
Gotcha....thanks for the feedback!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom