Flights for December..

3girlswdwdreams

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

so we're making a trip in December... I haven't flown at all since 2000!! (not a good flyer.. and would much rather drive, but am giving in due to time restraints. LOL)

Any strategies for the best time to book flight??? We definitely want a non-stop.. our options are US Air, Air Tran or Southwest... I downloaded that DING from southwest.. but seeing as they are only selling through August right now it's not going to help for a while....

Would it be wise to book a flight now or wait it out for Southwest rates... and risk rates going up with others???

thanks so much!!

3girlswdwdreams

Original Poster
We will be there the 11th - 16th! :xmas:

We are definitely sure about the dates...... I have no clue if I should book flights now or wait out southwest... which I am guessing would be July or August to be able to book it... :shrug:

ErickainPA

The December rates will be up probably in another month or so for at least closer to December if not through December. The rates now are through August, but they don't wait until August comes before they update the rest of the year. I would wait it out a little while yet. Even if you book Southwest as soon as you get the rates, if they improve I know people have seen better rates come up as they got closer for Southwest and contacted them and got a refund of difference in price.

TiggersGang

We are heading down Nov 24 - Dec 8th and just booked thru AirTran for $114.00 each way. The total cost was a little over $500 due to we purchased trip insurance for $14.99. We leave from Boston at 12:25 and arrive Orlando at 4:05 and our returning flight leaves at 1:55 on Dec 8th. I thought that was a good deal. We booked early due to the time of the year. Check out AirTran they have web specials every now & then.

natalia1681

Have you considered booking your airfare through Disney? I realize that sometimes they are quite a bit more, but I booked a sweet deal through Disney last year on AirTran.:wave: Just something to consider. It won't hurt to give them a phone call and check.

Otherwise, I would at least wait until Southwest announces their fares before booking anything. I hope you have a great trip!:wave:

SPOERLX3

Book now

I agree, book early and get the insurance. We are going Dec 15-23rd, I watched the airlines every day till they started showing their December flights. On April 2, I booked through Air Tran and got round trip non-stop for $198 from DFW(Dallas, TX). Those same flights now are $161. Go for it!

mnfootballmommy

Check with the airline's policy. Many times they will give you the lower ticket price even if you have already purchased your tickets. Of course, YOU have to watch the rates and YOU have to contact them (they won't just tell you that a cheaper rate is available.) ALSO, you typically won't get cash back, but credit towards another flight. However, if you want to guarantee that you get specific flights, that might be the way to appproach it.

ann0d1

Some airlines are not taking reservations for December yet. I just check Southwest and they are only accepting early November. We are going Dec 6-16th so once the Southwest and Alleigant air are available for booking (Probably late next month) then I will start my search for the best price.

BRER STITCH

JETBLUE has flights ready to book through January 2008!

All the other airlines are dragging their feet with their schedules, so we booked JB and got great seats at UNDER $200 per person!

WOOHOO!

:sohappy:

First try and find out what the tickets were selling for last december... this will give you a starting point in determining when a price is acceptable to you... then get familiar with a site like travelocity and check it daily... airline prices are like stock market quotes they go up and down at the airlines whim...Don't get in a hurry to book... you need tickets for december and its only June... don't get close to the panic mode until october roles around... remember that certain things tend to cause airlines to jack up rates and certain thing will cause them to lower them.... if crude prices are high expect them to push prices high out of fear... if air travel starts to show signs of weakness (usually because the economy is tanking) they will drop prices... all it takes is one airline to get nervous and they will all start dropping prices... increases don't translate as quickly throughout all the airlines so don't worry if you see prices jump overnight on one airline it will be a day or more before the others follow...

remember, once you book it your admitting you can do no better on price... ask yourself if you can live with it.... and always consider landing at another airport like st petersburg... if your going to rent a car anyways it can save you money... where I live a trip to st petersburg is 100$ / person cheaper or $400 dollars less than orlando for my family... I'll gladly drive 90 miles and give up 1.5 hours for that kind of savings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom