Flight of Passage Fastpass question

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
So for my up and coming trip to WDW, I was able to secure Fastpasses to FOP, my question is, what is the typical wait time (FPs at 2:30 and then on another day 11:50am) for FOP with fastpasses.

I know the general admission wait can be excessive, but what about Fastpasses?

joejccva71

I've had 4 co-workers just get back from their WDW trips and all of them said there was no Fastpass wait time for FoP when they went. The only wait times for FP they saw were from Mine Train at MK and Frozen at EP. FoP was an FP walk on every time. Not sure if that's how it will be when you go though.

MickeyMomV

When we were there in November there was no wait for the FP line. The only FP waits we tended to see were in MK. I think this has to do with all of the crowd waves that are created by stage shows, parades, and fireworks.

nickys

Premium Member
FOP does have a pre-show though, so that will impact the time you spend at the ride.

Not sure what your question was alluding to, but if it's to do with planning when you'll be off the ride I think you need to allow 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
When we went in August, FastPass for FOP dumped you right into the final ramp leading to the first pre-show room(s). If you were a single rider, the ramp was essentially empty so there would really be no wait. If you were not a single rider, the line on the ramp was generally somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 full which would usually equate to about a 5-10 minute wait. Add in the time to walk from where you scan your band to where you join the line plus the length of the two pre-shows, plus the show length, plus the time to walk out of the attraction and you should plan to invest maybe 20-30 minutes (even with a FastPass) from the time you scan your fast pass until the time you are back in Windtraders (the gift shop at the exit) after riding...

Weather_Lady

FWIW, touringplans estimates a 21-minute wait for FoP, with Fastpass, consistent with what @Coaster Lover experienced.

(Appropos of nothing, my 60-day FP+ window opened today and -- SQUEE!!! -- I got FP+ for FoP for my family of four on both of our AK days, day 61 in the evening and day 66 in the morning. Given their relative rarity, I feel like I've seen a unicorn or something.)

Herdman

FWIW, touringplans estimates a 21-minute wait for FoP, with Fastpass, consistent with what @Coaster Lover experienced.

(Appropos of nothing, my 60-day FP+ window opened today and -- SQUEE!!! -- I got FP+ for FoP for my family of four on both of our AK days, day 61 in the evening and day 66 in the morning. Given their relative rarity, I feel like I've seen a unicorn or something.)

What time were you able to get with your morning FP?

Not staying at a Disney resort for our trip so we’ll only have 30 days for FP+ reservations and from what I’ve heard I highly doubt we’ll be able to secure Fastpasses for FoP. So our plan is to do rope drop super early with the massive crowd heading to Pandora.

My question is this: we have a group of 6 but the youngest is only 3 years old and won’t be able to ride FoP. The plan would be to do a rider swap. Any experience or thoughts on how this can be done for FoP following the rope drop and massive crowds? We’ve never done this before. Do all 6 of us (including the youngest) just get in the monstrous standby line and wait until we’ve made it close to the entrance for the ride to be able to get a paper FP for a rider swap? Is that where we’d find a cast Member (after waiting in the standby line for a while)?

We did rider swap for some other rides a couple years ago but never for FoP and usually with no massive crowds at rope drop. I think we’d just walk up to a cast member at the FastPass line (without even waiting in standby yet) and just explain that we’d like to do the rider switch and they were awesome at just giving us the paper FastPass for it then. We just don’t want to make the mistake of doing the rope drop and start waiting in the long FoP line with everyone in the group to then find out that we didn’t do it right to secure the rider swap. Any tips on this for rope drop with a small one? Thanks

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Do all 6 of us (including the youngest) just get in the monstrous standby line and wait until we’ve made it close to the entrance for the ride to be able to get a paper FP for a rider swap? Is that where we’d find a cast Member (after waiting in the standby line for a while)?

My assumption is that you all will need to wait in the line until you get to the main entrance, but the cast member with the "Line Starts Here" sign at the end of the line should be able to let you know for sure...

Dutch Inn '76

When we went in August, FastPass for FOP dumped you right into the final ramp leading to the first pre-show room(s). If you were a single rider, the ramp was essentially empty so there would really be no wait. If you were not a single rider, the line on the ramp was generally somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 full which would usually equate to about a 5-10 minute wait. Add in the time to walk from where you scan your band to where you join the line plus the length of the two pre-shows, plus the show length, plus the time to walk out of the attraction and you should plan to invest maybe 20-30 minutes (even with a FastPass) from the time you scan your fast pass until the time you are back in Windtraders (the gift shop at the exit) after riding...

This is the answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom