FL resident Discover Disney pass...paper pass or must use MB?

bobogator

Original Poster
Our annual passes expired, so I'm considering getting our next 4 days in via the new FL resident Discover Disney pass, to put off the next inevitable AP purchase for a while. We have Magic Bands from last year. If I buy the 4 day passes, do they make you tie them to your MBs, or do you get a paper/plastic pass as well? If I tell them I forgot to bring our MBs and they give us paper passes, can I then use the app to link the passes and MBs, even after we're in the park...to double dip? :)

Thanks!

JohnD

There is no double dipping. They won't "make" you use your prior MBs. Now, if you're staying in a resort, they'll ship news ones. If you're not staying in a resort, you'll receive a plastic pass which will be used for admission/same day FP+. However, I believe you can still use your MB if you want. It's just another means that is linked to your MDE account.

bobogator

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. So if I link the plastic ticket to my MB, I can't use both for FP/FP+? I thought the FP+ system is separate from the FP kiosks...can't talk to each other.

JohnD

No double-dipping anyway as legacy FP has already been removed from the parks. An MB or plastic card give you access to FP+ only. If you happen to live near WDW, you can now arrive at the parks and use FP+ but it's only same-day. You cannot schedule ride reservations in advance. You can use kiosks in the parks to make FP+ reservations. Same rules apply -- only 3 per park per day. Epcot/HS have tiers. If your'e staying in a resort, you can make FP+ reservations up to 60 days out.

My parents and I are from Florida. We're going back to WDW April 5-9 but we live too far from WDW to "commute" to WDW to/from home. We're staying at a resort instead. Our FP+ window opens up on February 4.

Rob562

No double-dipping anyway as legacy FP has already been removed from the parks. An MB or plastic card give you access to FP+ only. If you happen to live near WDW, you can now arrive at the parks and use FP+ but it's only same-day. You cannot schedule ride reservations in advance. You can use kiosks in the parks to make FP+ reservations. Same rules apply -- only 3 per park per day. Epcot/HS have tiers. If your'e staying in a resort, you can make FP+ reservations up to 60 days out.

My parents and I are from Florida. We're going back to WDW April 5-9 but we live too far from WDW to "commute" to WDW to/from home. We're staying at a resort instead. Our FP+ window opens up on February 4.

The OP mentioned that they already have bands from a prior trip. So once they buy the ticket and link it to their MDE account, they'll have access to making FP+ reservations.

For the OP, after linking the ticket to your MDE account, you can then use your Bands and your RFID ticket interchangeably inside the park for park entrance and checking in for your FP+ reservations, since both act as "pointers" back to your MDE profile.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom