First week of Jan or First week of March?

trooper1917

Hi, planning my first trip during the winter months and can only get off from work on the first week of Jan or first week of March 2011. I know this is a really general question but I was looking for any random advice on deciding between these two weeks.

Thanks! :wave:

disneygirl1

Hi, planning my first trip during the winter months and can only get off from work on the first week of Jan or first week of March 2011. I know this is a really general question but I was looking for any random advice on deciding between these two weeks.

Thanks! :wave:

Well here is my thought process: If you go the first week of Jan, the Christmas decoration will still pretty much be up! Disney really is so beautiful all decked out of the holidays. It is my favorite time of the year there! But, it could be a little chilly weather wise this week. The Orlando area had record lows during this time this year. As for March, not sure when it will be in 2011, but ESPN the weekend @ DHS is usually in full swing at some point in March, so if you are a sports fan ,or have sports fans traveling with you that might be fun for them as well. Weather is definitely warmer in March compared to Jan. And I think that crowds might actually be a little lighter in March, as you won't have to deal with the influx of crowds possibly lingering around after the Christmas and NY holidays.

Good luck deciding! No matter when you go, I am sure you will have a VERY magical trip! Happy Planning! :wave:

Upvote 0

happymom52003

I would choose the first week of March. Spring break crowds don't start to hit until the second week of March. But with the first week of January, you are still going to hit some of the holiday crowds during your first 2 or 3 days since schools are not back in session. I'd also prefer the weather in March over January.

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

I've gone in march the past 4 years; it's always wonderful; and warmer than january. The flower and garden festival at EPCOT is great too! January you may catch the trail end of christmas decor, but it may be coooolllddd

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Both are great times to visit

I've gone in march the past 4 years; it's always wonderful; and warmer than january. The flower and garden festival at EPCOT is great too! January you may catch the trail end of christmas decor, but it may be coooolllddd

We have been to the World during the months of: January, March, April,
August, September, November, and December. January, March, April, Nov. and December are my favorite times. First week of January is a great time for reasons already stated; first week of March is light to moderate crowds, Early Nov and/or Dec. are fabulous times for decorations and crowd levels.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom