First trip and rides closure

Gustavo

Original Poster
HELLO EVERYONE! I am a 25 yo Brasilian Disney theme parks fan, who has been in Florida's Disney World two times. But I have allways dreamed in visiting the original one in California, as, I belive, lies all the magic that only Walt Disney himself could ever creat. Finally, on this year of 2004 I am planning my first trip to Disneyland, that will probably take place in March.
I am pretty excited about it, but unfortunantly, as I could see on Disneyland's official webpage, many atractions will be closed by then. Big Thunder Mountain is closed for resanable resons, and as far as I am informed, it won't be opened pretty soon (does anyone have new informations about it?); Space Mountain is closed for refurbishment (sorry, I don't know if this word is written correctly...my english is terrible :lol: ); Indiana Jones will be closed, Rocket Rods doesn't exist anymore, as People Mover; The Castle Walkthrough is closed ...
So , as I am noticing, it won't be much fun, as only The Matterhorn Bobsleds, Splash Mountain and The Haunted Mansion (from the major atractions) will be opened by then. :(
So my question, for you guys who have already been in Disneyland is...should I go anyway? Is it worth an international trip to Disneyland with all those atractions closed? Or should I wait for the 2005 aniversary to go ( I hope by then every atraction will be opened).
Thanks for the patiency.
Gustavo

imagineer boy

I suggest waiting till the 50th anniversary. It would be a much more magical time and there will be so much more to do. The new ToT will be open, the new Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger spin will open and Space Mountain might be open. Thunder Moutain has been closed because of an accident it had not too long ago and it killed one person, but it will be open soon. So baisicly the 50th is the best time to go.

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Gustavo
So, in your opinion, visiting Disneyland in 2004 won't be fun at all?

In MY opinion any time you visit Disneyland you will have fun. I mean.. you can see the Electrical Parade at DCA ... ride Soarin' (which I love) as well as Screamin' and while Indy is GREAT so are the bobsleds!... and the castle walkthrough is pretty but it's just that... a walk through. AND ToT is going through testing now and opens in April.

(BTW where is it confirmed about buzz? I haven't gotten that memo....)

CalDisney

Ok Heres What I think
If You want to ride all the "E" ticket rides?
You should come in the Summer time when everything is open
in 2004.
OOHH!!
And Angel..Buzz has already been under Construction.
You must have missed that post lol

Tigggrl

On my first trip out to DL, The following attractions were closed...
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
Castle walkthrough
Matterhorn
Pirates
and the Carousel as well as Small World!
It didnt stop me from having just as good a time! I believe this park is most magical...it just has a wonderful cozy feel to it!
IF you have a choice, and Indy is all that important to you. wait till next year. Many of the attractions are going under refurbishments, and getting new paint and such to bring DL back to as close to the way the park was originally. Teacups has already been completed, as well as Matterhorn, and Small World looks great too!
I personally have no problems with attractions going down for Refurbishment. It would be tragic to have another terrible accident like from Thunder!
But then again, I go to DL all the time!
:p

Gustavo

Original Poster
Thanks for your opinion Tigggrl.
Actually, thee atractions that I am most excited on riding are Haunted Mansion (because I love this atraction and I've heard that California's version is slightely difeerent from the one in Florida), The Matterhorn Bobsleds, because this atraction is unique and sounds dam cool, and Indiana Jones for the same reasons of Matterhorn. I would love to ride the other atractions, but as I've already rode it on Florida, it won't be too bad afterall.
Well...still have one month to make up my mind :veryconfu
But thanks for all your opinions guys..it is really helping me a lot.
Gustavo

Creekboy25

Indy is a great ride, but it is desperate need for a refurbishment.
I was there last week for my first visit and i noticed a few areas of the ride where the vehicle stopped and something was supposed to happed, such as the ceiling collapsing and it didn't.
I really hope that they fix that effect in this refurb.
The ride itself is still absolutely amazing.
FYI.. The park was filled to capacity and the gates were closed at noon the day i was there. I used the single riders line for Indy and for Splash mountain.
I waited 30 seconds for Indy (it took 5 minutes to walk through the exit and use a series of two elevators to get to the ride) and 5 minutes for splash mountain.

Thank God for singles line, fastpasses were gone in a flash. Making all the waits HUGE!!!!

Anyways, the trip was magical and fun without spacemountain and thunder mountain. I am sure that you will be able to keep busy without those attractions being open.

Good luck with your trip!!
~Creekboy

P.S. I rode the Jungle Cruise due to its short wait and i was pleasantly suprised at how much fun the ride was. The guide was great and i will be sure to ride everytime i visit now!
:sohappy:

Covnut

Indy is a great ride, but it is desperate need for a refurbishment.
Okay, it is in desperate need for a refurbishment but I honestly think no one will notice any of the problems with it if they went on it say today unless the music goes out half way through on the vehicle. Basically, the most noticeable items right now are that, fire being out, the doors not opening, ball effect not working and some projectors breaking. Now that would be horrible if that all happened at once, but usually it doesn't.

I also suggest wait till late summer 2005. Hopefully Space will be open by then. Buzz is being constructed right now, but they are currently on the demolishing level. Big Thunder is rumored to return March, 2004 however Space will still be down. Indy is down till April 2004.

Now this summer would be a nice time to come, but I think the park will look even better the following year. A lot of work is being done at Disneyland and the new president is making sure the park gets better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom