First timers going in October

linderman4

We are taking our 4 year old in mid October over his 5th birthday, need help with dining plan and also thoughts on the surprise gifts while we are out in the room? thank you

linderman4

Original Poster
Linderman4...If you post your plans, hotel you're staying at, we can offer more advice. Do you want/HAVETO stay on Property!? There are some great Disney Good Neighbor Hotels nearby that are just as good, but without the theming. How much time are you going to spend in your room or around the resort? Practicality says go for a cheaper hotel and splurge on souvenirs! Consider you mode of transportation...depending on where you are, traveling can be a good thing or a headache! Consider taking the Amtrak! Your 5 yr old will love it(what little boy doesn't love trains!?) You could opt to go coach, but with 3 adults you may want to consider a Family bedroom! That would sleep the entire family! I got a hotel on I Drive for 8 days for ONLY $323.10 for 2 adults! It is a 3 star hotel and will suit our needs. There is The Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, 3 star...2 pools....kids splash playground...restaurant...deli...convenience store...bar...game room...laundry, that can be reserved for as low as $60/night! Its about a 15 minutes walk(if you wanted) to Disney Springs! Other comparable hotel can be had around the same price if ya know where to look(PM me and I will give you a few sites I use!) Also, since you are going in October, consider Mickey's NOT So Scary Halloween Party as a special birthday surprise or as an alternative to going to the MK during the day!

We are actually driving a car down, because I'll have the stroller for him, and for all the souvenirs he'll/we'll want, plus I can take some food and water down for the hotel. I am doing the Mickey's NOT So Scary Halloween Party but thought I'd save that for 2 days after his birthday since we are planning on doing Chef Mickey's for breakfast. I want him to have other things (not that there isn't) to look forward too as well.

Upvote 0

linderman4

Original Poster
Linderman4...If you post your plans, hotel you're staying at, we can offer more advice. Do you want/HAVETO stay on Property!? There are some great Disney Good Neighbor Hotels nearby that are just as good, but without the theming. How much time are you going to spend in your room or around the resort? Practicality says go for a cheaper hotel and splurge on souvenirs! Consider you mode of transportation...depending on where you are, traveling can be a good thing or a headache! Consider taking the Amtrak! Your 5 yr old will love it(what little boy doesn't love trains!?) You could opt to go coach, but with 3 adults you may want to consider a Family bedroom! That would sleep the entire family! I got a hotel on I Drive for 8 days for ONLY $323.10 for 2 adults! It is a 3 star hotel and will suit our needs. There is The Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, 3 star...2 pools....kids splash playground...restaurant...deli...convenience store...bar...game room...laundry, that can be reserved for as low as $60/night! Its about a 15 minutes walk(if you wanted) to Disney Springs! Other comparable hotel can be had around the same price if ya know where to look(PM me and I will give you a few sites I use!) Also, since you are going in October, consider Mickey's NOT So Scary Halloween Party as a special birthday surprise or as an alternative to going to the MK during the day!

We are staying at the Art of Animation, I'd like to stay on the property because it's his birthday and well hell you don't go to Disney everyday so why not splurge a little...lol.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Question for everyone? If we are going to be there 6 days and we get a 5 day park hopper, can we make Fast Pass selections for that sixth day if we have purchased MNSSHP party tickets and they are linked and show on our My Disney Experience? Or when it is time to select at the 60 day mark will I only be able to pick 5 days?

Usually the system will let you book FPs on the party ticket.

However, some people then get a warning that their last day of FPs will be cancelled unless they first delete those FPs. The really annoying thing is that this is inconsistent. It may be to do with if you make any kind of change to your reservation after booking those FPs, be it a change of days, ticket types, even a room request.

The best advice if you want to try is:

- Book all normal days of FPs first

- Then try booking FPs on the party ticket, starting at 4pm. (It may allow you to book them earlier but of course you won’t be able to enter the parks earlier - unless you are a DVC Member).

- But keep an eye out for a warning email and be ready to cancel them to avoid losing the last day’s worth of FPs.

- There is no point in trying to phone because officially a party ticket does not confer the right to book FPs!

Upvote 0

Seeshark

Make sure you stop by City Hall in the Magic Kingdom and get a birthday button to wear during the trip. (I assume each park has something similar - we got our daughter one at MK.) Beyond the constant "happy birthdays" my daughter got from cast members, she usually got something cool and different for dessert at our sit-down meals. She really enjoyed the attention...

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Make sure you stop by City Hall in the Magic Kingdom and get a birthday button to wear during the trip. (I assume each park has something similar - we got our daughter one at MK.) Beyond the constant "happy birthdays" my daughter got from cast members, she usually got something cool and different for dessert at our sit-down meals. She really enjoyed the attention...
OP said they noted the Birthday and a First Visit in the reservation -- unless desk CMs severely drop the ball, both of those buttons should be delivered on check-in.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom