First Timer...Needs some help with FP+ and timing planning

afm81986

Original Poster
Ok so I am a first timer and I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help with...
If you have a FP is there really NO waiting? Or if there is waiting, what is the typical time frame? I am trying to plan out how long it will take us to ride a ride so I can plan how long it will take us to get to the next ride...

Also, has anyone done the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique? I have an 8AM reservation for my 8 year old and then a 9:05AM reservation for the Cinderellas royal table breakfast. The reservation lady seemed to think we would be fine saying that it only takes about an hour and its "just right across the way" from the royal table but then I've seen some people saying to arrive to the royal table a half an hour early...is that really necessary? Right now only a 10:15 reservation is left and I don't want us to be starved and bored with my princess all done up and nowhere to go for an hour but I don't want us to miss our reservation by cutting it so close. Does it really take an hour for the bibbidy bobbidy boutique? And about how long would you say it would take us to walk from the BBB to the CRT?

Also, we are staying at the port orleans riverside resort and are wondering how long it will take us to get to MK and into the boutique, if our reservation at BBB is at 8 what time do we need to leave our hotel room to catch a bus? man my head is spinnning from the planning...

cw1982

I'll answer what I can:

With a FP, most of our waits were under 15 minutes.

The MK BBB and CRT are literally a two minute walk apart, if that much. You may hear it's best to be at a restaurant early, but as long as you are there by your ADR time or soon after they won't turn you away if that's what you're worried about.

My general rule of thumb was to allow an hour from hotel to park just in case you have to wait a few minutes for a bus. It usually won't take that long but better safe than sorry.

mweier

Rule of thumb is FP+ is about 1/5 the wait of standby. Usually under 15 min as cw1982 says, but if standby is only 15 min, it's closer to 2-3 min for fp+, whereas Anna/Elsa FP+ could easily be 30-45 min+ if standby is 2-3 hrs+

Allowing an hour for buses is a good safe bet since it's possible a bus is down or too full when it arrives. On a good day it's more like 20-30 min, depending where you're headed.

Here's a route finder/estimator that's less conservative:
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx
They have an app too.

afm81986

Original Poster
Thanks so much @cw1982 and @mweier that was very helpful! I am still hoping to find out some information about the BBB & CRT as far as how long they take but I think that just knowing how the fast pass works and to give myself an hour for hotel to park is going to help a lot with my planning stresses!! :) Eeeek can't wait!! 1 month 13 days 16 hours 37 minutes and 45 secs...whos counting though right?!!! :D

Penelope

Thanks so much @cw1982 and @mweier that was very helpful! I am still hoping to find out some information about the BBB & CRT as far as how long they take but I think that just knowing how the fast pass works and to give myself an hour for hotel to park is going to help a lot with my planning stresses!! :) Eeeek can't wait!! 1 month 13 days 16 hours 37 minutes and 45 secs...whos counting though right?!!! :D

We did this for our daughter and had a 9am or 9:15 then 11 or 11:30 at at Royal Table. You may be cutting it close because after they finish her at the BBB, you are moved next door for pictures in her gown w/ hair done. I felt it took at least 1 hour but it was packed that day so maybe at 8am you will not have that issue. At any rate, CRT seemed to have people constantly coming in so you wouldn't be missing anything w/ the characters as the princesses that visit the tables go pretty slowly and thoroughly around. To be safe you may want to advise the BBB of your dining reservation and hopefully they would expedite your reservation and move you along to get you to CRT

cw1982

I think you'll be fine as long as you let them know when you get to BBB that you have a reservation across the hall. You could also stop by the hostess stand at CRT since they are right there together and let them know that you may be a minute or two late just in case but I don't think it'll be an issue. The BBB is designed to hold the attention of young girls, so I can't see it taking more than an hour.

LWB

We did BBB right before CRT. The timing issue wasn't with BBB itself, but with the photo package afterwards! We did the whole experience - pick a dress, "wait for the mice to make it just for you", then hair, make-up, etc. We were easily done with it in an hour. (Also - I requested my two princesses be seated in chairs next to each other, so we even waited a few minutes for that to work out and we were still done in an hour). One of the fairy godmothers in training was a bit slower than the other, so for that child, the lady who was doing her make-up just started working while her hair was still being done so she'd be finished about the same time as her sister. (So if you get nervous about time, you could remind them of CRT and they would help get you out in time!) If you are getting a package that includes the photos afterwards and you're running close on time, I bet they would be fine with you going to CRT and returning for pictures after your meal. (Or you could go have the pictures made and then come back to view/print). After the full transformation at BBB, you check out and exit BBB with all the goodies - the photos are done at Castle Couture next door so it's not like the photos are done at the same place where it is just the next step and you can't leave! There was no order or number, etc - it was just a line to get in and show your receipt. (Be careful when you get to Castle Couture and get in the correct line! One line is to have pictures taken, one line is to have pictures viewed/printed. I saw many people stand in the wrong line because it is kinda hard to tell which one is which when it is all new to you!!)
I had been nervous about the time needed of getting two girls through BBB in an hour, so I actually booked our appt up by an hour so we had two hours. By the time we finished the BBB and then the photos, we still had time to spare so I took them to Cinderella's wishing well, carousel, etc for some other cute pics.

afm81986

Original Poster
We did BBB right before CRT. The timing issue wasn't with BBB itself, but with the photo package afterwards! We did the whole experience - pick a dress, "wait for the mice to make it just for you", then hair, make-up, etc. We were easily done with it in an hour. (Also - I requested my two princesses be seated in chairs next to each other, so we even waited a few minutes for that to work out and we were still done in an hour). One of the fairy godmothers in training was a bit slower than the other, so for that child, the lady who was doing her make-up just started working while her hair was still being done so she'd be finished about the same time as her sister. (So if you get nervous about time, you could remind them of CRT and they would help get you out in time!) If you are getting a package that includes the photos afterwards and you're running close on time, I bet they would be fine with you going to CRT and returning for pictures after your meal. (Or you could go have the pictures made and then come back to view/print). After the full transformation at BBB, you check out and exit BBB with all the goodies - the photos are done at Castle Couture next door so it's not like the photos are done at the same place where it is just the next step and you can't leave! There was no order or number, etc - it was just a line to get in and show your receipt. (Be careful when you get to Castle Couture and get in the correct line! One line is to have pictures taken, one line is to have pictures viewed/printed. I saw many people stand in the wrong line because it is kinda hard to tell which one is which when it is all new to you!!)
I had been nervous about the time needed of getting two girls through BBB in an hour, so I actually booked our appt up by an hour so we had two hours. By the time we finished the BBB and then the photos, we still had time to spare so I took them to Cinderella's wishing well, carousel, etc for some other cute pics.

Thanks SO much for taking the time to give me this detailed helpful information @LWB !! Knowing this I called and was able to confirm that we could come back after breakfast to the castle couture photo shoot and they assured me that our 9:05 reservation would be made but as you said to please remind our FGIT that we have a reservation and will be coming back for photos since we will be in a hurry. So I guess I will stick with my current 8am BBB apt and 9:05 CRT ADR. Fingers crossed!!! I don't want anything to spoil my princess' birthday :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom