First time with kids

I am visiting WDW in August,and this will be my first time with kids. I am going with my husband,mother in law,sister in law,and two nieces (ages 11 & 4) and nephew (age 6). I was here for my honeymoon in 06 and 1year ann trip in 2007 but never with kids. I bought the unofficial guide to WDW with kids so I can read up on traveling with kids,but I am a little nervous as I have never travelled with kids before.Anyone have any tips on traveling with kids without going crazy in the process?

Le Twins Day

In the Parks
No
We travelled with our 4 year old twins in May 2010 and our advice would be to go at a pace that suits the kids dont try and get them to the parks for rope drop everyday, take a break during the day by going back for naps and pool time etc. we didnt have any tantrums or melt downs during our 2 weeks and we even managed a few late evenings for the fireworks as well

Three words come to mind....TAKE.....THE....NAP! I honestly don't know how my parents handles me and my brother and sister all day in the parks with no relief in sight.

As long as you get to the parks early, head back to the hotel for swimming and nap time, and then head back out for evening for fireworks and dinner, you should have no problems. Even without kids I found myself several times bailing out of the parks just when the temps were at their hottest just so I could cool off by the pool. I was always in much better shape for the evening once I was able to refresh myself.

JeffnPa

First off ENJOY!!! If you are the type that has to plan everything this can cause problems with the kids, they will tell you when they are tired they hit the wall. So be flexible!!But please enjoy it, the magic that WDW brings to a kid is worth all hassle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom