First time visitor from the UK

scritchell

Original Poster
Hi All

First time visitor from the UK, hoping to visitin in August 2019 (with my 7yo son)....I will be staying at WDW and venturing to Universal

Few questions....

* - How many days to do all 3 parks
* - Is Express worth the additional cost (Its quite pricey)
* - Any recommended dining experiences
* - Blue Man Group, worth it? Would a 7yo enjoy it?
* - Any other info/tips would be great

TYIA

JoeCamel

Hi All

First time visitor from the UK, hoping to visitin in August 2019 (with my 7yo son)....I will be staying at WDW and venturing to Universal

Few questions....

* - How many days to do all 3 parks
* - Is Express worth the additional cost (Its quite pricey)
* - Any recommended dining experiences
* - Blue Man Group, worth it? Would a 7yo enjoy it?
* - Any other info/tips would be great

TYIA
Try Orlando Informer, they love trip planning and have zillions of tips on their site for Universal.

scritchell

Original Poster
3 parks in 3 days but depending on the 7 year olds size 2 days would probably be enough. 1 for the water park and 1 for both Universal theme parks.

Express is probably not needed. Depends on how impatient you are? If you take 3 days then no express pass needed.

City Walk has many good places to eat, depends on what you like?

The Blue Man group is very colorful, loud and I would think a 7 year old would enjoy it. I did and so did my kids.
We would ideally want to do all of US in 1 day... and all of UIOF in 1 other day

I've been told the queues are ridiculously long in the summer months

JoeCamel

We would ideally want to do all of US in 1 day... and all of UIOF in 1 other day

I've been told the queues are ridiculously long in the summer months
The queues can be long depending on day during the summer. The great thing is you do not need to purchase express in advance it can be bought day of in the park if you find the lines are longer than what you are willing to stand for.

Weather_Lady

If you're worried about long lines, you might want to look into spending your Universal nights at one of their "deluxe" hotels (Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay, and Hard Rock), where unlimited express pass is included in your nightly rate.

(E.g., for my family's upcoming stay, we're spending an average of $120 more per night to stay at Universal's [deluxe] Royal Pacific resort instead of their [value] resort, Cabana Bay, for 3 nights. But because Royal Pacific is a deluxe, all four of us will have unlimited express pass for the entire length of our stay, at both of the main parks -- something which would otherwise cost us $100 per person, per day. So if you do the math, it's as though we're getting unlimited Express Pass for four days for $360 -- less than $25 per person, per day.)

Ragerunner

Give yourself 3 days - 1 day at each park
This will make it so you don't feel rushed and can adjust your day some for the normal afternoon thunderstorms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom