First time@ Universal - tickets and tips

seriously

Original Poster
Going to Universal for the first time next week. Staying at Royal Pacific with 3 day park to park. Will pick up tix at resort. How do the tix work? Do I have to present at each ride? Should I bring lanyard or can I use phone? Also Uber or Universal shuttle?
Love any tips at advice for 1st timers. Thanks!

BubbaQuest

I haven't been in awhile so hopefully others will have details if this has changed. After checking in, you'll take your hotel key to one of the ticket kiosks near the hotel lobby.

You'll end up with three things:
- Your hotel key which you'll need to show if you want early entry into the parks.
- Your park-to-park ticket which you'll use to enter the park (or switch parks via Hogwarts Express).
- Express Pass which you'll need to show at the beginning of the queue of each attraction.

I highly recommend a lanyard since the Entry Ticket and Express Pass are both just pieces of paper. They quickly fall apart if you need to keep pulling them out of your pocket or if they get wet. Customer Service at the front of the park will print up new tickets for you if necessary.

The other benefit of the lanyard is many rides require you to put all lose items in a locker. If you keep your Express Pass in your wallet/purse and then put that in the locker, you won't have your Express Pass when you enter the queue!

Not sure what you mean about Uber/Shuttle (airport shuttle?). If you are staying at Royal Pacific, there is a water taxi from Royal Pacific that will take you to the front of the parks.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!

Minnesota disney fan

Maybe the OP meant from the airport to Universal? We just use a taxi because we stay at WDW and go over to Universal for 2 days in the middle of our trip.

We always stay at RPR, and we love the tropical island feel of the place. It is beautiful and relaxing. Service is excellent.
I have read on here someplace that the ticket and EP are combined in one place, but not sure.
Check out the Universal site on here for excellent advice on everything Universal, also on other Disney sites.
We love Universal and find it more relaxing and fun than Disney, at this time.

Rob562

They just scan your plastic room key for Express entry at attractions. This changed a year or two ago, I believe. So only thing to juggle are room key and park ticket.

We use Uber from the airport, costs us about $25 each way.

-Rob

macefamily

Enjoy your trip. Universal has a different vibe than Disney. It's more of an adult's playground. Citywalk is awesome; great restaurants, great night life, and great shopping.

Disneyhead'71

Going to Universal for the first time next week. Staying at Royal Pacific with 3 day park to park. Will pick up tix at resort. How do the tix work? Do I have to present at each ride? Should I bring lanyard or can I use phone? Also Uber or Universal shuttle?
Love any tips at advice for 1st timers. Thanks!
What did you think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom