First time trip advice

srodge01

Original Poster
Hi, my husband and I are planning our first trip to Disney. Our first day is on a Saturday in early Nov and is in Epcot. We just finished booking our fast passes. But, since we've never been there before we weren't sure how much time it takes to get from one ride to the next. We're just a little worried we booked the fast passes/rides too close together.
We have soarin' at 9:35-10:35, spaceship earth 10:50 -11:50, and mission space 12:10-1:10.
Second day is Animal Kingdom, expedition Everest 9:25-10:25, Kali RR 11:05-12:05, and Kilimanjaro 1:10-2:10.
Can anyone advise us as to whether we need more time in-between rides? Or could they actually be booked closer together?
Thanks!

Sabrina D

When I do Fast Passes, I always try to have them bump up against each other. In other words, one block ends just as the next begins. The time frames are an hour long for each FP and honestly no one needs more than an hour to get to any point from another within the same park.

Last edited:

Rob562

The FP+ was designed with people like you in mind. When they give you the suggested time slots, they take into account how long an attraction takes to ride it, as well as how far apart the attractions are. Unless time slot availability is limited, it should give you FP+ in a logical and reasonable progression from one to the next without having to rush.

It will also take any ADR's into account and won't give you FP+ times that would conflict with your meal times.

Of course if you know the parks well, or don't mind rushing, you can go in an edit the FP+ times to get them right after each other.

-Rob

CAPTAIN HOOK

We have soarin' at 9:35-10:35, spaceship earth 10:50 -11:50, and mission space 12:10-1:10.
Second day is Animal Kingdom, expedition Everest 9:25-10:25, Kali RR 11:05-12:05, and Kilimanjaro 1:10-2:10.
Your FP+ timings are good - you have nothing to worry about. Obviously the time taken between attractions is dependant on many factors including (but not limited to) how able your party is and how busy the parks are.
I have only one suggestion for you - if you can, alter the order of your AK FP+. Cast Members always say that the Safari animals are more active first thing in the morning. Don't worry if you can't switch as you'll still see plenty.
Enjoy your first trip

Sabrina D

The FP+ was designed with people like you in mind. When they give you the suggested time slots, they take into account how long an attraction takes to ride it, as well as how far apart the attractions are. Unless time slot availability is limited, it should give you FP+ in a logical and reasonable progression from one to the next without having to rush.

It will also take any ADR's into account and won't give you FP+ times that would conflict with your meal times.

Of course if you know the parks well, or don't mind rushing, you can go in an edit the FP+ times to get them right after each other.

-Rob
Interesting. I've used it many times but had no idea that the system was so smart :)
I always edit mine, like I said above, so that they're as close together as possible. I know the parks fairly well, we move fast, and we like to park hop each day. That's just our personal preference. I always wondered why the FP system gives me "wasted" space in between attraction times. Now I know. thx

JohnD

Also keep in mind the proximity of the rides next to each other when scheduling FP+. Since you can only book one hour windows, if the rides are next to each other (e.g. BTMR and SplM, then use the FP+ for the first ride toward the end of its FP + window. By the time you're done with the first ride either the next ride window will already be open or you'll be very close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom