Trip Report First time party of three! **Complete**

Pre-Trip

Hi everyone!! We are finally back!

After our super epic / huge family holiday back in 2019 things went a little crazy didn’t they?! But we are finally back and ready to get on the Disney fun after a very long break!

So, We are Natasha (Tasha) and Adam, we're from the East coast of the UK and we love disney world! If you have caught our last couple of trip reports you know that we love a semi relaxed approach to our holidays in disney and we like to see where the fun takes us. Although that may not be the case this time… more on that later! We both like to take it in turns writing the trip report together. I’ve linked our other trip reports below, including our favourite trip report for Disney wedding (obviously) 😂

Thread 'You and me, we're in a club now! *COMPLETE*'
Thread 'Magical MAYhem'
Thread 'COMPLETED!!! 2 Brits, 2 weeks and 2 Tonnes of fun!!!'

Who, When and where:

We are planning to visit in the start of September this year, we will be staying at old key west resort with Tashas family, this will be Tashas mum and dad (Alan and Joanne) her sister (Steph) and her nieces (ruby and Amelia)

If you hadn’t already guessed by our trip report title, we will also be bringing along one more visitor who joined the family in 2021, me and Tasha have increased our party size to three! Our son Tobias will be coming with us for his first Disney trip, here’s a pic of him getting his first letter from Mickey

12DD64A6-CB79-4A4D-AF5A-DC0E96128904.jpeg

He was very excited (I think more to just tear at the paper) 😂

And this is all three of us:
27151F6F-0C59-425B-998E-A11ADA208C4E.jpeg

Tickets:

We both have a 14 day Disney ticket and opted to pay the additional fee for genie+ each day. Tashas parents are also DVC members (so we’ll be trying to snaffle some of their discount hehe! )

Planning:

With this being our first trip with our little bundle of joy we are very torn between have a rigid plan or not planning anything to account for nap time and meltdowns hehe! We’re already expecting this holiday to be very different from what we’ve experienced before but also very excited to see how Tobias will react to seeing all of the characters, rides, CMs etc…
Any advice on travelling with a 1 year old / things to buy / tips that helped you with a baby in Disney world is greatly appreciated 😊

Looking forward for the adventure to begin!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 7 - September 8th 2022

We woke up at half 6, got ourselves ready and managed to grab a virtual queue for guardians!

We then waited for notification whilst we got ourselves ready and then we got a notification saying we had to be at guardians in half an hour!!

So instead of waiting for the bus we dived in the cars and dashed to Epcot!

I got compliments on my magic band at the gate which always makes you feel great (it's so sad you have no reason to wear them outside of disney haha!)

On our way in we finally caught a glimpse of the pram fans! (We had been searching for them all holiday for him as he was getting rather toasty most days bless him) we got it clipped on to the front and was away! It kept Tobias nice and cool for his nap anyways!

1675606813608.jpeg

We did child swap so me and Tasha chilled out in connections cafe whilst our family went on guardians first. We found ourselves appreciating these little breaks with Tobias now and again. All our previous trips to Disney we were very much go, go, go, go until we collapsed at the end of the day. But Disneying (if that is a word) with children is definitely a marathon and not a sprint!

We got on the 2nd car of guardians and found it a lot less intense than being sat at the back, which also meant we could actually appreciate the music and the ride aesthetics a little more rather than trying to stop ourselves from passing out and screaming the entire time haha!

Then it was on to test track! Where we built these monstrosities.

1675607565220.jpeg

1675607609449.jpeg

I think it's very evident who's is who's...

We again did child swap but Tobias had woken up so we managed to take him to the play area nearby (i forget the name of it but he had a great time there) we found ourselves hunting out places like this around Disney now that we have him. We loved taking him to the play areas.

1675607377084.jpeg

Then we managed to take him on spaceship earth. The ride stopped 4 times! I think overall we sat doing nothing for a good 5-10 minutes! (This seemed to happen a lot when we took Tobias on rides, not sure why haha!)

1675607691893.jpeg

Also... it appear the cameras were broken again. Not entirely sure what it did to my face this time...

1675607817560.jpeg

Not sure if it was intended for Tobias to be playing in this area, but he enjoyed it all the same!

1675607916266.jpeg

Then it was onto the lands for something to eat!

1675607994051.jpeg

I can't entirely remember what Tobias had, but as usual he scoffed most of it, and some of everyone elses (no idea where the kid puts it, but we're enjoying it whilst it last before he inevitably becomes a picky toddler haha!)

I as always had some delichious tacos

1675608184356.jpeg

then Tasha had a chilli beef dish i think. I remember it had a very nice kick to it!

1675608231892.jpeg

Then we were off to the seas for Turtle talk with crush!

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 7 September 8th 2022 - Continued

We then boarded the nemo ride and Tobias enjoyed it even more the second time round! we headed straight into turtle talk with Crush as the show was about to start. Tobias was enjoying it but getting slightly tired at this point... as you can tell...

1675974641531.jpeg

(Note: He didn't actually look like this, it was just a mis timed photo but it made me chuckle all the same 😂 )

so we thought we would quickly try and get him on the Frozen ride before he got too tired, but as we headed out of the seas, the weather was looking... unfavorable...

1675974835952.jpeg

We prematurely donned our ponchos and got Tobias pram cover on! (he never really liked this, i assume it got quite humid in there? but the fan was definitely helping this time!)

1675974885696.jpeg

It had started to spit on our way over, but we saw other people slowly putting their wet weather gear on so we were not alone!

We did rider swap but Tobias by this point was already asleep, i quickly popped over to Germany to get some sweet treats!

1675975207882.jpeg

The caramel smore!! YUM!!

Shame as well.... i was gonna share it with the poor guy... Maybe next time... 😏
1675975299156.jpeg

We headed into frozen and by the time we came out it was torrential rain!! Like absolutely hammering it down bouncing off the floor rain. It showed no sign of letting up and our family had taken refuge in the stave church and the longer we stayed still the more it seemed like Tobias was getting more unsettled so we thought we would just leg it to the car.

In hindsight, there was no probably right decision to make here as i don't think the rain let up till evening sometime but either way Tobias screamed/cried during dash out of the park and unfortunately we had no time to stop because the rain was that bad!

Tobias somehow ended up loosing one of his crocs (this was horrible because he was difficult to find sizes for and we had spent a lot of time trying to find him sandels that fit him haha!)

Also... i decided to go to Disney in my old sketchers, with the intention to buy more and leave my old ones behind. HOWEVER... again... this in the hindsight was a bad idea!! My sketchers were so old that the sole had got super smooth! This meant that in the rain, when i walked the back of the sole (see picture below) created a sort of vacuum and stuck to the path as i walked! (only when it rained or the ground was slightly wet)

1675975872867.jpeg

so i kept walking with my trainers slipping off or me getting stuck to the ground. I looked like a crazy person trying to wheel around my crying baby!

In short... i looked like this guy...
200.gif

I promptly bought a new pair the next day i think 😅

We drove back to the hotel and got some snacks from goods food to go and Tobias got himself a sweet treat to! 😂

1675976181652.jpeg

I think this was one of the first times he had tried chocolate so he was still getting a taste for the stuff. Its safe to say he was a big fan haha!

The rain was still hammering down, but we had booked onto the DVC moonlight magic at Typhoon Lagoon which was apparently still going ahead. Tashas sister had originally offered to take Tobias whilst me and Tasha went and enjoyed it but we'd already arranged her to look after him the following night so with Tasha offered to chill with Tobias for the night and sent me with her family as she knows how much I love water parks. Tashas dad decided to stay back at the villa as well as he didn't fancy being out in the rain.

As much as i enjoyed the Moonlight magic it was a little sad not having Tasha there, although i must say i think Amelia and Ruby enjoyed having their uncle who likes going on all the rides with them so at least they were super happy with it (Tasha is more of a lazy river girl hehe!)

Just arriving into the Park!

1675976593931.jpeg

Whilst the girls and Steph went swimming, me and Jo were very peckish so decided to grab some food before the rush!

1675976652675.jpeg

I got some tenders with the honey mustard dip on the side! (Yum!) and Jo got the nachos. It was starting to fill up at this point so much so that me and Jo were on a fairly big table and a lovely family from Alabama asked to join us so we had a great time chatting with them before we decided to get back and get our swim on!

Just to make me feel even worse, Tasha had sent me some pictures of Tobias having his own waterpark fun time at home! 😭 I cant wait until hes old enough so we can enjoy these things as a family.
1675977227399.jpeg

(Note: there isnt actually anything untoward visible in this photo, but i thought i would add the Mickey logo just to be on the safe side 😂 )

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 7 September 8th 2022 - Continued

The moonlight magic at Typhoon lagoon was exactly that, to be honest i think they should always have the waterparks open at night. The whole place looked so brilliant all lit up. (Either that or i was living on a sugar high of 4/5 ice cream sandwiches...)

Even Amelia was struggling to swim after her 3rd mickey premium bar 😂

1675978035146.jpeg

Me and ruby got a quick little selfie with Stitch

1675978080717.jpeg

I always forget to take photos at the water park despite me and Tasha buying a gopro especially for it 😂

They even had a foam party going on near the shop entrance area!

1675978247725.jpeg

1675978266494.jpeg

Again i say... Typhoon lagoon looks super pretty at night!

1675978314446.jpeg

Then it was back to the hotel room, to snooze with our little chubby cheeked man.

1675978444100.jpeg

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 8 September 9th 2022

We started slightly later than normal as Tobias slept in till half 7. That never happens! lol!

Today was going to be a long day! We had a character breakfast booked and then in the evening we were going to do HHN for our anniversary! (We thought about going back to boathouse for a meal for it, but decided we should go big of go home and did HHN for our anniversary instead)

We got ourselves ready and dived in the car and headed off to Chef Mickeys!

1676493414410.jpeg

I have always liked how the contemporary resort looks but we'd never been inside aside from passing by in the monorail. I've never stayed here but the prospect always intrigues me. I'm not entirely sure how loud the rooms would be with all the stuff happening below?

we were seated with an amazing view over the magic kingdom but someone was more interested in the food! :rolleyes:
1676493662710.jpeg

Our lovely server even brought him his own special pancake!

1676493703338.jpeg

When we initially booked the character breakfast i was very 'meh' about the whole situation. Previously when we had been to Disney i was there for two things; Rides & Food. I thought the food would be very average here because it would be all about the character meets.

My, my... how wrong was i!?

This banana bread? Was AMAZING!

1676493883529.jpeg

INTO MY VEINS!!! I could have eaten this ten times over. You would think i would have got bored of eating banana bread after all the home baking we did in 2020 but this was another level!

1676493994210.jpeg

I will also never tire of mickey waffles. I wonder if there's anyway to buy a waffle maker for mickey waffles in the UK? (More research will be required)

Another thing that america knows how to do really well... Hash browns... Every greasy spoon (cafe that only sells both stodgy and greasy food- think fried bacon, sausages in giant buns of bread with baked beans, fried tomatoes etc) you go to in the UK you will get the same Triangular hash brown on your plate... But not over the pond... This culinary excellance is something i could start my day with... Every. Single. Day.

1676494179613.jpeg

Glorious!

Someone else was enjoying his breakfast as much as me...

1676494238784.jpeg

The face of bliss 😁

Then it was time for the character meets! This was his face when he saw Pluto for the first time (Mouth half full of melon)
1676494776078.png

I just have to share the video of him meeting Donald 😄

Next it was time for a few poses with the characters!

1676494914679.jpeg

We loved booping Plutos nose!

1676494994346.jpeg

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 8 September 9th 2022 - Continued

The nose booping was a favourite thing to do for all the characters lol

1676495727748.jpeg

1676495760640.jpeg

After being thoroughly stuffed with good food and feeling surprisingly emotional about how much we loved Tobias's reaction to meeting the characters (we now finally get why parents wait in line for hours to meet mickey) It was time to head off to Magic Kingdom!

But not before paying... Tobias very kindly offered to pick up the bill...

1676496024464.jpeg

#DadJokesForDays

We first headed onto Peter pan and had to do child swap as Tobias had fallen asleep after his mammoth breakfast 😂

I'm not sure if anyone else has had issues with child swap, but every CM we talked to we got a different vibe or story. Some CM's were happy to sort out the child swap no issues, where as other CM's were like 'how long have you got on your LL time? Oh you don't need a child swap you'll be on the ride in no time' I'm not sure if this was an issue with Genie+ and doing child swap. Some CM's wanted us to check in early, some didn't want us to check in at all. It was all very confusing as we never seemed to get a straight answer every time we did it.

On peter pan they told us they didn't allow child swap as children of any age can ride but with Tobias asleep we couldn't leave him! the stressful part was that we were going to run out of time for our lightning lane. In the end the second party missed the time for the lightning lane and we had an issue getting another cast member to let us onto the ride as the first who hadn't allowed us child swap (and told us that we wouldn't have an issue if we missed our time slot) had conveniently disappeared.

Another question... What on earth is in the water of the peter pan ride. Crocodile looked spaced out!
1676496504303.jpeg

Tobias had woken up after the ride (in typical fashion) so we took him to the play area near splash mountain where he made some friends. He didn't think much to the bar service though. Hardly any staff available!

1676496717844.jpeg

It was then time to take him on... HAUNTED MANSION... i wasn't particularly worried about him being on the ride, my main concern was the stretch room. Once it did the reveal at the top of the room i knew that would frighten him and everyone would look at us like we were the terrible parents.... Ok... so maybe we were terrible parents for taking him on a spooky ride, but we knew he would enjoy the rest of it! 😂

Either way, we had heard that when the doors to the haunted mansion opened you could speak to the CM and if you ask them to avoid the room stretch they can divert you around it, and it actually worked! You get to see a little bit of behind the scenes but not too much to ruin the magic, we also thought we would avoid the initial crowd surge coming out of the room, but the way around was so windy we got a little lost and actually ended up at the back of the queue anyways haha!

Just as we thought Tobias loved the ride! Although again... something about taking babies on rides, it stopped about 3 times about 3 or 4 minutes each time!

1676497059487.jpeg

Smiling baby photo on the ride as proof 😂

1676497117089.jpeg

After this it was our time to head off back to the room to get ready for our anniversary celebrations at HHN! Whilst tobias enjoyed the Winnie the Pooh ride with the family.

1676497213377.jpeg

and then the Tea cups with Grandma!

1676497258529.jpeg

And we were off for HHN! (This is the freshest we looked all holiday 😅 )

1676497365708.jpeg

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster

With it being our anniversary and we knew we'd probably only get one shot at Halloween horror nights whilst we were there (we usually do two or three nights) we were going all in. We opted for an RIP tour and was going to blast through it all in one night with (hopefully) time to spare.

We stopped at NBC bar and grill first to get some nachos to keep us going before we got some of the halloween horror nights food.

1676578260559.jpeg

These were just the thing we needed! The good thing about the states is where ever you go, you can always guarantee on good nachos (some of the pubs back home will occasionally try and give you microwaved nachos with only cheese, maybe salsa if you are lucky, they are disgusting and chewy and pubs should be closed down if they serve them... IMO...) 😂

We got chatting with a lovely Scottish couple who were also celebrating their anniversary too! Nice to think in 20 years or so time we could be doing the same as them!

And then we were off to our RIP tour line!

1676578604816.jpeg

...I understood being in RIP there would be no queuing... i was wrong. You have to queue initially to get into RIP... I WANT A REFUND!
There seemed to be two groups some were for private RIP's and the regular RIP tours. I'm not entirely sure if some of the private RIP tours actually knew one another, i wasn't sure if there was some kind of unofficial facebook groups where you could arrange to join a private tour with more like minded people to get seen faster? (uncertain if any locals can confirm this) but that's the vibe i got from some of the private tour groups.

After a relatively short wait (15-20 mins) we were signed in etc and headed to the cafe la bamba to get the free refreshments!

1676578738009.jpeg

We were feeling very VIP with our RIP lanyards lol.

We felt like walking everywhere like Wayne and Garth 😂 (i assume all of you have seen such an amazing movie so understand the reference)
waynes world vip GIF

We headed into La bamba and got some food. The food was, ok. I wouldn't say i was blown away by it all but it was the an combo of mini cakes, chicken bites, a few savory bits, none of which i can really remember cause none of it was particularly memorable. On the other hand it was free so we stocked up on a bit of sugar and got some of the complimentary soft drinks to prepare for the walking!

1676579027549.jpeg

1676579073018.jpeg

There was also some pizza fries (left) but again, these tasted very bland too.

It was good seeing the scare actors wandering about.

1676579186752.jpeg

We then met our tour guide (i've totally forgotten his name). He was great, a real nice guy and did everything he could to help us with how the night turned out (more on this later)

We then headed off (past the pumpkin king) to Spirits of the coven! This was a lot of fun, there was initially some very sexy flapper witches dancing around, but they got progressively more gruesome as we walked further through.

1676579677576.jpeg

Next house was Hell Block Horror which was a jailhouse for all the previous house monsters and ghouls, so it was good to revisit them and seeing them again! haha!

Our third house was the halloween house with Mike Myers this was a super jump scary house! One of the guys in our group was in stiches when we came out of the house cause he was wondering what tasha saw behind her that made her jump out of her skin so much... Me... it was me... She turned around saw me walking behind her and screamed her behind off... Happy Anniversary! My wife is terrified of me!

We then got taken above Jimmy Fallons race to new york for refreshments and a feet relax! (This was needed as i had switched to boat shoes because i was not wearing my famous 'octopus shoes' for another night!)

I went outside and admire the view from above feeling slightly better than everyone else cause we were in an RIP tour haha!
1676580414332.jpeg

1676580444803.jpeg

Our tour guide asked if i wanted a photo in front of one of the rides (i guess he struggled to find my good side cause he took like 20 photos of me! haha!)
1676580479002.jpeg

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Then it was Fiesta De Chubracabra, which had some of the most disgusting animal displays we had ever seen. It really made you turn away but also you wanted to look because some of the monster designs were so revolting.

1676582012650.jpeg

After this we had some issues as we had a couple of people with ECV's and they needed to transfer to a wheel chair to experience the house. It seemed that once they'd been through the house in the wheelchair, other staff are supposed to take the chair back to the entrance, apparently this didn't happen so we were all waiting for 20-30 mins whilst our tour guide had to go get them another one and bring a second, he was so apologetic we just felt bad for him. I'm not entirely sure how it was set up for this seemed to be a recurring problem on some of the houses and shows.

I should add that we had no issues being in a group with people using ECV's. it just seemed like it could have been set up a bit better for both them and us to have a more enjoyable night. Our tour guide was extremely apologetic and really could not have tried to do more to get us where we needed to be. The poor guy was sweating trying to move everything so quickly.

Onto dead mans pier next, this was easily the best set design of the night, it looked absolutely huge from the inside with this lighthouse that look enormous as you first walked in but also as you walked through it felt more and more claustrophobic. Really cleverly done.

1676582107765.jpeg

Super Spooky!

We had tried already on two separate occasions to get into the weekends scare house, but both times it was closed down so we had to change our plans for this as well.

So instead we went to the see the show at the fear factor stadium. I can't remember what the show was called. The theme was about bad dreams but all i really remember was the amount of crotch dancing that was taking place! Lots of grinding and rubbing on things which was pretty entertaining all things considered! haha!

1676582412121.jpeg

The state looked awesome.

We then headed onto Descendants into madness! There was this awful meat smell throughout the house which was absolutely disgusting but again you can't help but be amazed by how they get all this gross stuff together to make these horror houses!

1676582158114.jpeg

Loved the lighting effects

After we came out of the house one of the ladies in our group had to point out that Tasha was a 'fabulous screamer' 😂

We then did a bug house, which did indeed make your skin crawl, and then onto universal monsters legends which apparently changes every time you got through it, it was a battle between dracula, werewolf & the mummy (i think) The werewolf won in our run through.
1676582960626.jpeg

1676582454697.jpeg

Bug house

The weekend was still down, so we headed to the water show, (my feet were killing me by now, starting to get blisters... the boat shoes were not cutting it!)

We went into blum house which was essentially two houses in one, it was a combination of freaky and the black phone, the two merged really well together and it was really enjoyable. the black phone was especially creepy and even though we hadn't seen the movie/show it was based on it was creepy enough that i feel like we dont need to ha!

Finally the weekend was back up and running, again we had issues with the peoples ECV's in our group which meant we could either wait for a new ECV be brought over to us, or the couple who was waiting would have to push from near enough one side of the park to the other on a regular wheelchair. The poor lady who was pushing her partner decided to do it because the night was getting on and we had had so many stop starts whilst waiting for staff members to bring their wheel chairs around, we had started the tour at 1840 and right now it was about 2330, we were all exhausted and tired but people just wanted to do the final house. So we pressed on.

The weekend house was just brilliant, it was the perfect mix between extravagant and creepy, mixed with a few jump scares. Also the music throughout the house was of course brilliant. It was probably my favorite house of the night and well worth the wait.
1676582820237.jpeg

We eventually finished the tour and were absolutely exhausted. We had hoped by getting the RIP tour we would be done a lot earlier and then would have time to go on some rides and be not exhausted in the morning when Tobias woke us up, but we finished the tour at 00:10 so we headed to the tribute store to make the most of our discount to buy some T-Shirts and then head out the park. I was a little gutted we hadn't finished sooner as i promised myself i was going to do Rip Ride Rocket as i had never done it before but by the time we were done we just wanted to get home.

With all the back and forthing we did and all the waiting around we ended up doing just over 58 thousand steps! (the time is off as it automatically resets to GMT whilst we are home)

1676583452930.png

My feet were absolutely ruined! We collapsed in bed at 01:15! Ready to prepare for our early start!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 9 September 10th 2022

So... our day started 45 minutes later! Steph had been struggling with a terrible pain in her ear (we later found out it was some kind of ear infection) and Tobias was not properly settling for her, so exhausted from our evening we took him off her and all settled down into bed. Our nieces were already asleep in the lock off so we had to take Tobias into the main living area and onto the creaky fold out bed which Tobias wasn't very happy with! haha!

We managed to settle him around half 2 but unfortunately he had some bad gas (not uncommon for him unfortunately) and woke up around 4 in the morning. So we gave up and put Bluey on for him 😅

We had a very slow morning, my feet were absolutely blistered and painful from walking around in boatshoes at HHN, so today i NEEDED to get new shoes haha!

Eventually Tobias was back down for his first nap of the day around 10, Tasha had a nap with him whilst i got the backpack and his clothes ready for the day.

I applied various blister plasters all over my feet so they were practically mummified haha!

We got out the house and decided to head down int. drive for some lunch before getting me some new shoes! Headed to one of our favourites Joe Crab Shack! Tasha loves the crab there and i'm just very happy to have any kind of seafood!

1678222062573.jpeg

We practically had the place to ourselves, there was only a few other people in there, and all the staff were so nice to Tobias.

Also... the childrens portions at Joe's? We're massive!!

1678222585553.jpeg

Cheesy mozzarella sticks, rockin’ popcorn shrimp, and a crispy fish finger (the biggest fish finger i have ever seen) all for 7.99!!

Tobias made a decent dent in it all too lol!

Tasha had the Captains plate
1678222967743.jpeg

Which had Dungeness Crab, crispy fried shrimp, fried fish fillet with fries and coleslaw

and I had the fish tacos of course!
1678223212491.jpeg

I got this with a clam chowder on the side (absolutely love the stuff, although Tobias stole my saltines...)

Yes, i'm aware we were ordering entrees in the middle of the day but we barely had any breakfast and didn't exactly eat properly the night before so we were STARVING! Also i was working on about 2 hours sleep so i needed this haha! 😂

We also got Tobias a side of Cob... as you can tell... it's his favorite...

1678223397652.jpeg

I had noticed that my cap collection consisted more or less entirely of Saints caps so i thought i should branch out and diversify my collection.

1678223569232.jpeg

Then we popped to vineland and swapped some of Tobias's crocs (the others were a weird size and not working for him) and i managed to grab a pair of sketchers to keep me going! Tasha bought some new t shirts for American Eagle and we did this all in the pouring rain in ponchos and apparently me buying my hat meant that it would chuck it down for the rest of the afternoon 😂

We headed back home and relaxed whilst we had the place to ourselves. Well... i relaxed with a busch lite whilst Tobias played peekaboo through the window with Tasha 😄

1678223882997.jpeg

1678223908337.jpeg

...So precious... 😅

We relaxed for the rest of the evening and got some food from Goods and then watched Thor Love and Thunder!

Even got to catch a quick peak of Encanto by the pool whilst we waited for the food!

1678224075760.jpeg

that was the end of our very chilled day.

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 10 September 11th 2022

We woke at 0730! Generally our days started like the below, we would release Tobias to the main common area for his cousins to play with him whilst we quickly flung clothes on and got his bag prepped for the day. Annoyingly i had woken up with a headache which ended up plaguing me all day.

1678912361584.png

What else are cousins for!?

We finally got ourselves ready and sorted and got to Hollywood studios for about 1030 (reading this back now i'm well aware it would take us three hours to get anywhere and i'm now super pleased that at the time of writing when we leave the house we've managed to cut that time in half! we're slowly becoming less rubbish parents!)

Tobias is a big fan of anything that spins and wheels, so we took him straight to the lightening Mcqueen show. (Amazingly he was still awake!)
1678912749490.jpeg

He also had chance to have a quick crawl around once we got in there
1678912832389.png

And try on his mothers sunglasses...

1678912868497.jpeg

Then the show begun! As you can see... he was hyper focused on the wheels.

1678912910650.jpeg

Then it was onto the beauty and the beast show!

With a bit of walking practice whilst we waited
1678913078728.jpeg

Although he enjoyed the show, he was more interested in two ladies who were sat behind us dancing in their seat so he kept turning round and giving them the big smiles (he's such a flirt) The ladies ended up playing peek-a-boo with him behind their hand fans which he loved!

We headed over to Galaxays edge and Tobias fell asleep on our way to smugglers run so i thought we'd do child swap and get the opportunity to get something to eat (i was hoping that my headache was just because i hadn't had anything proper to eat at breakfast)

I got a ronto wrap and tasha got the pork rinds (i've been wanting a ronto wrap for ages, everytime i watch disney vlogs people always have one and they always looked delicious. It did not dissapoint!)

1678913890440.jpeg

We sat and ate in Docking bay 7 (I know we weren't technically supposed to eat in there but it was perfect for Tobias whilst he slept, the CM's didn't seem to mind us hunkering down someplace quiet for him to get a few zeds)

1678913642494.jpeg

Pork rinds were nice too, more crispy than the pork scratchings we'd have back home but without the gooey fat inside. (Still tasty though)

Then our families came and we swapped over and headed to Smugglers run. It was an absolute glorious day in Hollywood studios. Got an amazing phone background shot of the millennium falcon as well.

1678914008988.jpeg

We were so close to getting the 2nd coaxium, but just fell short, we had no engineers in our ships either so i don't think that helped. (i'm one of the weirdos that prefers to play as the engineers, i just like to occasionally press buttons but enjoy watching the ride more, i do the same on mission space even though most of the buttons have no function 😂 )

Tobias had woken up whilst we were on smugglers run so they took him to lunch box to get him a grilled cheese, we decided to head straight to slinky and then meet them afterwards.

Lunch box seems quite ill thought out, whilst we were there, there were lots of people just walking around the restaurant waiting like vultures to pounce on your table as soon as you left. There were very few high chairs and it was just really too warm with it being outdoors.

My headache had returned again so the power of the ronto wrap had failed! Either way i powered through and me, tasha and Tobias headed onto Midway mania. Surprisingly Midway mania is more difficult when you're holding a child! (Who knew?!)

Tasha was super happy though, as i had Tobias on my lap i was at a strong disadvantage, and towards the end Tasha finally got the edge and it looked like she was going to win... until...

1678914658555.jpeg

Mwahahahahaha! I remain undefeated on a technicality!!

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 10 September 11th 2022

Photo limit reached on the last post so, here's us on midway mania and tashas 'agent saboteur'
1678915644281.jpeg

He failed in his mission... 😂

It was then time for the frozen show, (i'd previously avoided this like the plague as i'm really not a frozen fan) however now being a parent and 'living for the kids' as you do i was all onboard for the sing a long. I was pleasantly surprised the show was fairly entertaining and the hosts made it a good laugh. Tobias definitely enjoyed all the music as he practically jumped about between me and Tasha.

We had dining reservations for Whispering Canyon and took a drive over there and Tobias began his second nap on the way. We managed to slowly move him out of the car and into his pram whilst we waited for our table to be ready. He missed out on another great view though!

1678915770126.jpeg

He didn't even wake when we got sat down and the cornbread arrived!

1678915946516.jpeg

Sock on...

1678915971579.jpeg

Eventually his appetite got the better of him and he woke up and immediately started cramming down the cornbread

1678916064213.jpeg

The plate was full before i got the camera out...

Then our feast arrived!!

1678916144323.jpeg

To our surprise neither Ruby or Amelia asked for ketchup (That's all they did last time we went) even though they aren't my kids a little bit of me felt sad inside to see that they were growing up and that i may also have the same realization with Tobias some day. (Deep thoughts for whispering canyon i know!)

We headed back to the hotel room and i collapsed on the bed with a frozen towel on my head whilst Tasha quickly took Tobias to the pool for a quick swim. I was annoyed that the headache finally got the better of me and i missed out on Tobias apparently flirting with the lifeguard and being given a floating horse-duck from her hehe! (He still plays with this duck now every time he has a bath, i guess he remembers fondly his first summer fling! haha!)

Then it was off to bed to get ready for another day!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 11 September 12th 2022

I actually semi started the day at 0300 in the morning! Mainly cause i had gone to bed so early. But i managed to drift back off again, i almost slept for 12 hours!!

We were having a very slow morning (again), going to Disney with a child definitely forced us to slow down and appreciate the resorts a lot more, You never realize how much you actually have on your doorstep when you're forced to take a break and relax there. We seemed to have various meals by the pool and we enjoyed every single one of them!

I grabbed myself the breakfast platter, which had a mickey waffle, potatoes, scrambled eggs and bacon and it was delicious!
1678998021651.jpeg

Tasha had the breakfast sandwich which had sausage, egg and cheese on a brioche bun, she also really enjoyed it!
1678998112247.jpeg

Tobias had already had his cereal and had stolen some of his cousins fruit loops so he just shared some of ours! 😂

Then we spent the morning having fun in & by the pool!
1678998246370.jpeg

1678998564324.jpeg

We headed back to the room, and started to get Tobias ready to take him to epcot, however, whilst we were changing his nappy he fell asleep! So me and Tasha got ready very quietly around him whilst he snoozed on the bed... like so...

1678998787480.jpeg

No need for sleepsuits in this weather!

After grabbing some showers he was still asleep so i decided to pop back to goods and get myself one of these beauties!

1678998933081.jpeg

You can never have too much key lime pie.

Eventually he woke up and we were off to Epcot! I had made a nasty habit this holiday of forgetting my magic band. When you've paid a lot of money on it you want to use it! So i headed back to the room to grab it and i jumped on the bus stop nearest to our room whilst the family was at the hospitality building stop. I'd ride it round and meet them at hospitality. Simple right?... Apparently not... I got on a bus rode it round to hospitality and i got a message from the gang saying we're on the bus where are you?

Two buses had come at the same time and we'd got on separate buses... So i was a single rider again!

It turns out I was on the slow bus and I met them all after they got off spaceship earth and then we were on our way to Mexico!

We took Tobias on the three cabiliaros and he loved it. especially the animatronics.

In the mexican pavillian you have to do some sombrero shopping. its tradition!

1678999878010.jpeg

Although i think we needed to get one more Tobias size...

I don't think he was a fan...
1678999923053.jpeg

We were starving at this point so went toour reservation at Via Napoli and decided to get ourselves some 'small' half metre pizzas. They took a while to cook and Tobias was very sad about this fact...

1679000118096.jpeg

However... they were worth the wait!!

1679000152344.jpeg

To be continued...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom