Trip Report First time party of three! **Complete**

Pre-Trip

Hi everyone!! We are finally back!

After our super epic / huge family holiday back in 2019 things went a little crazy didn’t they?! But we are finally back and ready to get on the Disney fun after a very long break!

So, We are Natasha (Tasha) and Adam, we're from the East coast of the UK and we love disney world! If you have caught our last couple of trip reports you know that we love a semi relaxed approach to our holidays in disney and we like to see where the fun takes us. Although that may not be the case this time… more on that later! We both like to take it in turns writing the trip report together. I’ve linked our other trip reports below, including our favourite trip report for Disney wedding (obviously) 😂

Thread 'You and me, we're in a club now! *COMPLETE*'
Thread 'Magical MAYhem'
Thread 'COMPLETED!!! 2 Brits, 2 weeks and 2 Tonnes of fun!!!'

Who, When and where:

We are planning to visit in the start of September this year, we will be staying at old key west resort with Tashas family, this will be Tashas mum and dad (Alan and Joanne) her sister (Steph) and her nieces (ruby and Amelia)

If you hadn’t already guessed by our trip report title, we will also be bringing along one more visitor who joined the family in 2021, me and Tasha have increased our party size to three! Our son Tobias will be coming with us for his first Disney trip, here’s a pic of him getting his first letter from Mickey

12DD64A6-CB79-4A4D-AF5A-DC0E96128904.jpeg

He was very excited (I think more to just tear at the paper) 😂

And this is all three of us:
27151F6F-0C59-425B-998E-A11ADA208C4E.jpeg

Tickets:

We both have a 14 day Disney ticket and opted to pay the additional fee for genie+ each day. Tashas parents are also DVC members (so we’ll be trying to snaffle some of their discount hehe! )

Planning:

With this being our first trip with our little bundle of joy we are very torn between have a rigid plan or not planning anything to account for nap time and meltdowns hehe! We’re already expecting this holiday to be very different from what we’ve experienced before but also very excited to see how Tobias will react to seeing all of the characters, rides, CMs etc…
Any advice on travelling with a 1 year old / things to buy / tips that helped you with a baby in Disney world is greatly appreciated 😊

Looking forward for the adventure to begin!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
No grape jam/jelly?!? It’s always so surprising to me what you all have or don’t have across the pond.

I don’t think we have it in Switzerland either come to think of it. I‘ll have to look today in the grocery store but I think there is a reason I only usually have either strawberry or raspberry jam. And although I grew up peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches, the pb and strawberry jam sandwich I made yesterday for lunch was very tasty. 😋

Tiggertoo56

I don’t think we have it in Switzerland either come to think of it. I‘ll have to look today in the grocery store but I think there is a reason I only usually have either strawberry or raspberry jam. And although I grew up peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches, the pb and strawberry jam sandwich I made yesterday for lunch was very tasty. 😋
I make grape jelly now and again as I love if too, and apart from taking someback home to the UK, rarely have it. In WDW now, so guess what will be going home with me.

Tashifer90

Original Poster
No grape jam/jelly?!? It’s always so surprising to me what you all have or don’t have across the pond.

I make grape jelly now and again as I love if too, and apart from taking someback home to the UK, rarely have it. In WDW now, so guess what will be going home with me.

My sister loves the grape jelly there so I guess we will be bringing some home to the UK next year.

I'm glad everyone else feels the same way! If we submit a petition on Change.org do you think Sainsburys will listen? I feel like specialty jams would be in their ballpark?

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 4 - September 5th 2022

We got up at 06:00. Tobias slept really well considering he went to bed at 19:30 the previous night.

We wolfed down some cereal and a bit of toast and was out the door, we ended up getting to Epcot for around 08:50

Tobias was again... THRILLED to be there!
1667598214154.jpeg

Those eyes looking real heavy again!

We were feeling much more awake!
1667598270403.jpeg

First things first, we were going to sort out our magicbands! I was going to get just a regular one but then the entire family were getting plus's so i didn't want to be left out and caved and got this little beauty. Turns out it was a good choice, i got compliments about it all holiday long!!

1667598394318.jpeg

Then we were onto our LL at Remi's! I wasn't super excited for this ride as i enjoyed the movie but i wouldn't say i'm into it as much as Encanto or Moana you know? However, pleasantly surprised! The ride was a lot of fun and i loved the trackless system. I always love seeing the new systems and how they work, it really is fascinating!

Pic of Tobias whilst we were waiting for the child swap

1667599198290.jpeg

Thinking back to the rides we took him on later in the holiday, i think he would have very easily managed this ride. We were still early in the holiday and worried would might upset him or scare him lol.

Then we rushed back to Guardians of the galaxy for our first ride on it. It is... Amazing! For our first ride we ended up on the back row and i literally thought i was going to pass out at one point. The parts where you drift around the track really knock you for six when you're used to coasters coming straight at you! We had burn baby burn as the song and it set the mood for a wild ride!

1667600422575.jpeg

We also had a quick peak in the gift shop afterwards. Serious question... do they not do these masks for adults? Or is it just because i have an unusually large head? Cause i really wanted one of these starlord masks!!

1667598874214.jpeg

I really should have pushed harder on Tasha to give in and let me get it. As a ginger/auburn guy... Halloween is very unfavourable to us with characters for dress up! So Starlord would be a great win for me!

After this, Tobias had woken up (He fell asleep on the way to guardians) so we wanted to take him on some rides as we felt bad he hadn't done much most of the morning.

Safe to say he's a fan of the three caballeros!

After then we headed to the La Cantina De San Angel where we had the Taco Trio and Empandas whilst we set up our magic bands. (Again no pictures of the food it was a very big rush around tbf, i swear we get better at this)

Then it was on to the Nemo Ride! We were 100% sure he would like this ride, as when we're at home before bedtime we'll put on the Dory's Reef cam on Disney Plus for him to get him in that relaxed mood and he always has the biggest smile when Dory swims by! He was a big fan of the ride and loved watching all the fishes!

He especially loved looking around the aquarium and looking at our favourite animal in the whole world, the Manatee!

1667599798432.jpeg

1667599886188.jpeg

He even gave them a wave! 😢

Also... DId you know they sometimes put mickey ears on the Sea Urchins? Cause i did not know... So i think everyone should definitely know this...

1667600044713.png

He was in Vacay mode and i guess you could say... Looking Sharp? 😏😂

Tobias is very much a fish fan!

1667600298794.jpeg

Then it was time to head off! and get some food from House of Blues!

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 4 - September 5th 2022 - Continued

Before leaving the park we grabbed some photopass photos at nemo and by space ship earth. Tobias was in a very posey mood!

1667601133683.jpeg

Even if his pose was... 'I'm staring into your very soul camera man!'

1667601189362.jpeg

The hat was a battle to keep on most of the holiday... I understand this is common for all children... haha!

Then on to house of blues! But first... Tobias's favorite ride! The bus!

1667601433292.jpeg

I had the Shrimp Po Boy and Tasha had the creamy cajun pasta. Tobias had the Mac and cheese. This kid loves his cheese and pasta. So naturally he was shoving it in his mouth faster than he could pick it up!
Imagine seeing someone trying to win a hotdog eating contest but with Mac and cheese instead and you have a good idea of how he eats!
Squirrel Eating GIF by CuriosityStream

Either way he had a great time and loved being the centre of attention as always!

1667601619209.jpeg

We headed back to the room, got drinks, and got ourselves ready for a little treat we had planned for the next day... It was going to be an early start!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 5 - September 6th 2022

Today was an early start! I woke up at 0550 and snuck into the shower whilst Tobias and Tasha still slept.

We did our usual taking it in turns getting ready as we had to be at the boardwalk for 0800 Because today we were meeting up with our wedding photographer for a little trip down memory lane!

If you've read our previous trip report you will know that we got married at Seabreeze point and Boardwalk and it was nothing short of amazing.

1668719264515.jpeg

It really is an amazing area to get married!

So we met up with Stephanie Caldwell who we had arranged to 'recreate' some of the photos with our new family member!

Let the photo spam begin!!

Original wedding photo...
1668720201516.png

Stephanie then flipped it and viola!

1668720283287.jpeg

Tobias was such a poser as well! Definitely a child that plays up to the camera. He was hitting her with all his good angles!

1668720488252.jpeg

1668720611974.jpeg

Ben Stiller Magnum GIF by Paramount Pictures

Original wedding photo...
1668720729450.png

Recreated...
1668720759625.jpeg

We went down to the grassy area opposite sea breeze point for some nice photos through the shade. the photos look amazing but it really was just the side of the path. photography magic!

1668721046117.jpeg

Then it was off to the Boardwalk!!

Original photo...
1668721127676.jpeg

Then the recreated photo...

also @amjt660 you may recall us discussing how we struggle with the humidity? This photo definitely proves it...

1668721329420.jpeg

...I know right? Oh how i wish i knew how to photoshop!! 🥵😅 I guess i should have stuck with wearing a waistcoat for this photo-shoot too! haha!

Photo limit reached!

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 5 - September 6th 2022 - Continued

Tobias certainly enjoyed being flung around for the photos!

1668721772766.jpeg

Then we headed to the photobooth to recreate this one...

1668722824565.jpeg

1668722900222.jpeg

and instead of eating ice cream...
1668723022174.jpeg

We had a chunk of Tobias instead!

1668723195967.jpeg

Then it was onto the garden area for this one!

1668723335612.jpeg

this happened to be the moment Tobias became FASCINATED with the CM leafblowing the area!

1668723414137.jpeg

Look at that stare!

Eventually the leaf-blower guy gave him a wave which he liked.
1668723488327.jpeg

Then the CM was super awesome and decided to come and stand behind Stephanie and wave and cheer to get his attention for the camera, so we could get this beauty!

1668723652426.jpeg

Leaf-blowing guy... We never got your name, but you were awesome!!!

After loosing most of my body weight to sweat, we decided to get grab some breakfast on the Boardwalk!

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 5 - September 6th 2022 - Continued

At this point Tobias was getting a little tired but we needed to get some breakfast as we had skipped it whilst we gave him his in the morning.

(Who knew a photo-shoot would take it out of a one year old? 😂 )

We both had a breakfast bagel, which had egg, cheese and bacon and it was delicious!

1668724372717.jpeg

The ladies in the shop also loved Tobias as well! He flashed them his usual cheeky smile.

We had some issues with getting our refillable mug to activate at the boardwalk deli for some reason, so the very nice CM's there gave us a new one there and they didn't even want the old one back?! Best of it, the refill station at the old key west didn't have a scanner so we could use it for there for the rest of the holiday no problem! So that was really nice of them!!

Whilst we had our bagel Tobias just about managed to have some banana bread... barely keeping his eyes open as he did 😂

1668724704780.jpeg

Hungry work this modelling business!

Naturally he fell asleep on the car ride back to Boardwalk, so we dropped him with Steph (tashas sister not the photographer) and she kept an eye on him whilst we went out shopping for pram fans!

We thought we would succeed in walmart but there really wasn't much!

Although i really wanted to splurge on this amazing halloween costume!

1668725116832.jpeg

OH YEAHHHH!!

It's such a shame halloween is not as big of a deal back home 😥 This year, we got in a tonne of sweets and we had one trick or treater... We couldn't believe it!

This BTW... is hands down the best snack Walmart has to offer...
1668725262597.jpeg

Managed to pick up two... only for tasha to drop one all over the floor at the checkout... :oops:

we picked up some of our favourite sweets and snacks... Twizzlers, Cheez its, Chips Ahoy (Chewy of course), Ranch dip, and then we got Tobias some Lil Crunchies and some animal Crackers. I only wish we bought more of the animal crackers because Tobias LOVES them! We can't even get them on Amazon!

After getting an update on Tobias whilst we were out (see below) we decided we may as well grab some lunch whilst we were out from Vineland and see if we could pick up some crocs for Tobias.
1668725574016.jpeg

Sock on!

Tasha grabbed some chinese food whilst i got a charleys (Another thing we are deprived of in the UK)
1668725779849.jpeg

Delicious!

Then it was back to hotel as Tobias had woken up so we took him paddling at the pool!

1668725969237.png

He's definitely a water baby!

After this we got dressed and took him to Blaze pizza in Disney Springs. We had never been to Blaze before and was pleasantly surprised, really good pizza, good price and service was really decent too! A kind cast member helped move things around so Tasha could fit in the pram whilst holding tobias (I was waiting for the food).Tashas family had some LL's booked in animal kingdom so they headed off there. We knew Tobias wouldn't be able to last long there without needing to go to sleep so we decided a quiet night in was on the cards.

1668726090851.jpeg

Tasha went for a standard pizza base with chicken and pepperoni and i went for a white sauce based pizza with Mushroom, pepperoni (i think) and olives. They we lovely!

We got Tobias a cheesy garlic bread and he scoffed it very quickly!

1668726184322.jpeg

The marina sauces that came with it were delicious for dipping the crusts.

Tobias was still eyeing up my pizza!

1668726283514.jpeg

Then it was back to the hotel avoiding local thunderstorms and Tobias was asleep by 2000! We were shattered too so we weren't far behind him! haha!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 6 - September 7th 2022

Sorry for the very long break in posting! (We don't have an excuse. We just have a child that doesn't sleep so occasionally things fall by the wayside 😅 )

Anyway... back to our not-so-regular scheduled programming.

We had a little bit of a slow start as we had a bad night with Tobias. We had just missed the bus from our closest stop so dashed to the hospitality building and hopped on there bound for hollywood studios!

Again... the excitement just got too much for Tobias on arrival.

1675284061770.jpeg

We did have a lightning lane booked for Mickey and Minnie to do with Tobias fortunately... the ride had broken down so we popped on Rocking Rollercoaster instead! It was the mother in laws birthday. So she got the joy of being at the back row!

1675284246983.jpeg

Elated or Nervous?

1675284424039.jpeg

Lets go with... Terrified!

Then we grabbed at mickey pretzel with cheese whilst we waited for rise of the resistance!

1675284575076.jpeg

We got there a little early, so Tobias got to try on the merchandise! Safe to say he's the cutest space cadet in the galaxy!!

1675284822030.jpeg

Now looking back on this... Tobias is 18 months now... and boy i wish i had bought him this crash helmet so he can go charging round the house in relative safety haha!

Rise of the resistance was absolutely fantastic, love the merging of the ride/walk through so you barely realize you're queuing.

1675284964146.jpeg

Loved how some of them moved as well, heard they may swap out some of the models for real actors which would be brilliant, i think!

The drop scared the absolute poop out of tasha much to my enjoyment lol

We then went to grab some food at backlot express, the queues were crazy at lunch time, i had the cuban sandwich which had Roasted Pulled Pork, Sliced Ham, Swiss, Pickles, and Mustard which was super yummy! I really like the chips that come with it as well (or most of the sandwich meals) i think they were plantain chips? But i loved them! Big fan of plantains anyways, so these were nice to go with every sandwich i had.

1675285244009.jpeg

Tasha had the chicken strips with french fries, which lets face it, you can't go wrong with. Disney know how to do their chicken tenders. (although i absolutely drown mine in honey mustard sauce)

1675285373582.jpeg

Then it was onto Mickey and minnies runaway railway! Tobias got super sleepy right before we got on the ride (apparently the queue was just soothing him too much haha!) We decided against our better judgement to take him on it anyways, he absolutely loved it. He had the biggest smile on his face when it came the conga section of the ride!

1675285516896.jpeg

We then walked up Midway Mania, Tobias had fallen asleep by this point so we swapped around with the family. Luckily becoming a father has still not stifled my current winning streak against Tasha on this ride!

1675285873297.jpeg

Then we headed straight to Disney Springs from hollywood studios for Joannes birthday meal. We went via port orleans. But bus issues meant this took us an HOUR AND A HALF! no idea what was going on but yeah...

To be continued...

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Day 6 - September 7th 2022 - Continued

Whilst we waited for the bus, Tobias had fun playing by the fountain. Although if i knew we were going to wait as long as we were i would have grabbed some beignets!

1675286507315.jpeg

We eventually made it to rainforest cafe and got a nice little seat in the corner. With Tobias's new found love/obsession for aquatics. It was easy to keep him occupied.

Tasha had the Jungle steak and shrimp which was Sirloin steak, Shrimp Scampi, Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, seasonal vegetables

1675287013268.jpeg

i had the taste of the islands which was delicious! (We don't get a lot of tilapia over our side of the pond, it's usually cod or haddock but it always tastes so nice state side!)

1675287124287.jpeg

Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, dynamite scallops and shrimp, blackened tilapia topped with pineapple salsa, seasonal vegetables

Tobias loved his mac and cheese! Wasn't even bothered by the thunderstorms inside haha!

1675287663553.jpeg

Of course you always have to get a ridiculous cocktail if you;re at Rainforrest!

1675287256201.jpeg

Then we headed outside had a quick selfie whilst we waited for Tasha to catch us up.

1675287802060.jpeg

We got the boat back to the hotel, Tobias absolutely loved it! (Again transport seems to be his favorite ride types)

1675287856277.jpeg

1675288193293.jpeg

Finally we got back to the hotel to crack open a beer and relax. Also... beer in these cans? Tastes so much better than the cans back home!

1675288344215.jpeg

We flopped in bed around 2130 ready to prepare for our next day at Epcot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom