FIRST TIME FLORIDA RESIDENT ANNUAL PASS

DOSCOASTS

Original Poster
This question may have been answered elsewhere, so apologies if it has. Went to get annual passes today for wife and I, but got two different stories from DW. I had asked how the passes get delivered, how do we get in the FIRST TIME. One DW employee over the phone told me they are mailed and you simply show them at the gate of the park - she sounded unsure. So, I made a second call, and another DW employee told me that what the first lady said wasn't accurate and that you pay online and get them at the gate when you get there with a certificate that is emailed. At that point, I didn't want to part with a bunch of cash before finding out for certain how the process works. Can anybody fill me in? Thanks!!

JoeCamel

This question may have been answered elsewhere, so apologies if it has. Went to get annual passes today for wife and I, but got two different stories from DW. I had asked how the passes get delivered, how do we get in the FIRST TIME. One DW employee over the phone told me they are mailed and you simply show them at the gate of the park - she sounded unsure. So, I made a second call, and another DW employee told me that what the first lady said wasn't accurate and that you pay online and get them at the gate when you get there with a certificate that is emailed. At that point, I didn't want to part with a bunch of cash before finding out for certain how the process works. Can anybody fill me in? Thanks!!
You can pick them up at Disney Springs so you don't have to pay to park if your pass includes parking. Otherwise they want you to pay parking to pick up the pass. - I think

Rosanne

I called and ok'd the monthly fee from my account. Then they sent everything else by mail = wrist bands & a bunch of other stuff. You may have to pick up the plastic card at the window, but the wrist bands get you in, so you really dont need the card.

DOSCOASTS

Original Poster
Rosanne - Thanks! Hopefully get another poster that says the same thing. To me, it is silly that it is not explained on the DW website how the initial part of this all works.

Disneyhead'71

Last time I did it I had to take the emailed receipt/confirmation and a proof of residency to any ticket window where they gave me my pass and a certificate to take to any shop that sells Magic Bands to receive my free gray MB. I had to pay for parking, but was told to take my parking receipt to Guest Services and they gave me a refund.

IanDLBZF

From my experience, when you initially purchase your pass, you will receive an eVoucher which you will take to a theme park ticket window and they will give you a RFID card. After that you can go onto the MyDisneyExperience app and select your MagicBand of choice which will be shipped to your home.

owenzern

I just did this myself in December. You print out your E-Mailed confirmation from Disney and take it to Disney Springs or any Park ticket window. You need a drivers license for each ticket to verify identity and they may require you to present the credit card you bought the tickets with. We were told they are experiencing a lot of fraud, so they need the card to verify who paid for the passes. They will then give you an Annual Pass pass with your name written on it. Link it to your Magic Band and you are ready to go.
We had four passes and did three at the Disney springs Guest service window and one at Animal Kingdom. Worked perfectly at each place and was the same procedure.

VaderTron

I just did this myself in December. You print out your E-Mailed confirmation from Disney and take it to Disney Springs or any Park ticket window. You need a drivers license for each ticket to verify identity and they may require you to present the credit card you bought the tickets with. We were told they are experiencing a lot of fraud, so they need the card to verify who paid for the passes. They will then give you an Annual Pass pass with your name written on it. Link it to your Magic Band and you are ready to go.
We had four passes and did three at the Disney springs Guest service window and one at Animal Kingdom. Worked perfectly at each place and was the same procedure.
One new change. You can now e-verify your Florida residency on the Disney web site. After linking your passes to your account you can click on the e-verify process. It will ask you to enter in your driver's license number and it's expiration date. Once verified you are ready to enter the park by using any magic band that is linked to your name on your account. No need to stop at a Guest Relations booth unless you want your yellow AP card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom