First time doing mnsshp- what are some perks?

analise

Original Poster
This is our first time doing mnsshp. What are some benefits, perks, advantages I should be sure to take advantage of? I understand they have characters out strictly for the parties? Shorter wait times on rides? Should I take advantage of that or should I be doing more “party things”
Thanks

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is our first time doing mnsshp. What are some benefits, perks, advantages I should be sure to take advantage of? I understand they have characters out strictly for the parties? Shorter wait times on rides? Should I take advantage of that or should I be doing more “party things”
Thanks

The castle stage show, the fireworks, and the parade are "don't miss." Since the fireworks happens once per night, plan around that. The parade goes off twice and the stage show three times. Shows have fewer in attendance as the night goes on. The stage show is, IMO, worth seeing twice (it's not like you can see it on your next regular MK trip, so, soak it in).

There are exclusive items for the night: Sorcerer's card (get it early in the evening before the firehouse closes) and merch and food that they sell only at the party. Some of that is EBay-able if you have the inclination.

There are rare M&Gs, but their lines are long, so, line up early or skip altogether.

Rides *may* have short lines. Depends on whether they sell out or if the crowd is all thinking the same thing: let's go on the rides since they'll be short lines! Oops.

Your Halloween ticket allows you to enter the park at 4 PM though the party starts at 7 PM.

analise

Original Poster
The castle stage show, the fireworks, and the parade are "don't miss." Since the fireworks happens once per night, plan around that. The parade goes off twice and the stage show three times. Shows have fewer in attendance as the night goes on. The stage show is, IMO, worth seeing twice (it's not like you can see it on your next regular MK trip, so, soak it in).

There are exclusive items for the night: Sorcerer's card (get it early in the evening before the firehouse closes) and merch and food that they sell only at the party. Some of that is EBay-able if you have the inclination.

There are rare M&Gs, but their lines are long, so, line up early or skip altogether.

Rides *may* have short lines. Depends on whether they sell out or if the crowd is all thinking the same thing: let's go on the rides since they'll be short lines! Oops.

Your Halloween ticket allows you to enter the park at 4 PM though the party starts at 7 PM.
We’re going in first week of oct on a weekday. I was hoping for it to be less crowded but according to all I’ve read it’s really not. Yikes! Well it what it is. Can you do fastpasses during the party?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We’re going in first week of oct on a weekday. I was hoping for it to be less crowded but according to all I’ve read it’s really not. Yikes! Well it what it is. Can you do fastpasses during the party?

It's a lot less crowded than MK could be. They do limit ticket sales.

On party nights, I don't think you can get FPs past 6 PM. For the party, everyone enters through the FP line on rides where they check to see if you're wearing the party wristband (separate from the MagicBand).

analise

Original Poster
It's a lot less crowded than MK could be. They do limit ticket sales.

On party nights, I don't think you can get FPs past 6 PM. For the party, everyone enters through the FP line on rides where they check to see if you're wearing the party wristband (separate from the MagicBand).
Thank you!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

One really fun little detail to enjoy is to be in Liberty Square when the party starts and fog will come out and the Headless Horseman will ride through. It's really awesome. He rides all the way down Main St but Liberty Square is a great atmosphere to watch him ride and to watch the parade. Also, if you don't know about it, there's a little event called Return to Sleepy Hollow at Fort Wilderness and you get to watch The Legend of Sleepy Hollow in this little barn type theater they have and then you can do a meet and greet with the Headless Horseman and if you can get tix quick enough there is a little dessert party there as well. That can just add to the Halloween theme of your trip. As far as more stuff in the parks, this is more of a tip than a perk but if you really wanna meet Jack and Sally it would probably be best that you line up for them before the party starts and that way you can get that pic out of the way early an enjoy the other festivities because that line, the villains in front of the castle, and the dwarf meet and greets are all very time consuming once the party kicks off. I would also recommend that if you DO want to ride some things that have generally longer lines then ride them during the FIRST parade and watch the second one with less competition for more optimal viewing and less crowds in general. Plus you can literally get all the candy you want but as the night wears on they'll really pour it on you.

MissMaryEli

We went two years ago in October and had a great time. We’re going back in September. Most lines you could walk right on. A few members in our group did space mountain 2x in a row. We did the dance party with Monsters Inc, so fun!! I got the best hug from Sully. There are souvenirs you can’t get unless you have a party ticket. Be sure to get a free Sorcerers of the magic kingdom card for the party. Definitely collectible.

graphite1326

Perks: Short lines, great parade, IMO the best fireworks show Disney puts on, good candy and a lot of places to get it. However, we had trouble finding a place to eat since they limit where you can go. They had one place listed (can't remember where) and when we arrived it was closed. Ended up going to Pecos Bills. It was a different menu than normal and what I got sucked bad.

analise

Original Poster
One really fun little detail to enjoy is to be in Liberty Square when the party starts and fog will come out and the Headless Horseman will ride through. It's really awesome. He rides all the way down Main St but Liberty Square is a great atmosphere to watch him ride and to watch the parade. Also, if you don't know about it, there's a little event called Return to Sleepy Hollow at Fort Wilderness and you get to watch The Legend of Sleepy Hollow in this little barn type theater they have and then you can do a meet and greet with the Headless Horseman and if you can get tix quick enough there is a little dessert party there as well. That can just add to the Halloween theme of your trip. As far as more stuff in the parks, this is more of a tip than a perk but if you really wanna meet Jack and Sally it would probably be best that you line up for them before the party starts and that way you can get that pic out of the way early an enjoy the other festivities because that line, the villains in front of the castle, and the dwarf meet and greets are all very time consuming once the party kicks off. I would also recommend that if you DO want to ride some things that have generally longer lines then ride them during the FIRST parade and watch the second one with less competition for more optimal viewing and less crowds in general. Plus you can literally get all the candy you want but as the night wears on they'll really pour it on you.
These are awesome tips. Thank you. Yes my daughter really really wants to meet Jack & Sally.

Bairstow

Not sure where everyone is getting the notion that lines are shorter during the parties. Compared to normal late evening hours, queues for things like Mine Train, Mansion, and Space Mountain are usually much, much worse during the parties.

The biggest perk for us has long been enjoying other guests' costumes and the general festival atmosphere. There's a lot more interaction between people, and if you don't go in costume you're really missing out on the fun.

Disney4family

I'm glad we never experienced longer lines during the parties! We actually count on the shorter lines for the attractions. Most were walk-ons for us. 7D was even only 20 min. That's our experience for Sunday nights in September and October.

JIMINYCR

We experienced the shorter lines as the evening wore on. A lot of parents with younger children did leave after they had accumulated bags full of candy and started to wear down. The lines for meeting the characters were constantly long though. As the event has gotten more popular and the sold out nights increased, there are more time in lines, but still no where as bad as when the park gets closed for reaching capacity. Each time Ive gone Ive been in costume and never people watched as much as I have at this event. Some of the guests costumes are exceptional.
Experiencing this unique event atmosphere is so memorable. You wont regret purchasing the ticket. I've never had so much fun or gotten more out of attending any other Dis event as MNSSHP. It continues to please.

graphite1326

Not sure where everyone is getting the notion that lines are shorter during the parties. Compared to normal late evening hours, queues for things like Mine Train, Mansion, and Space Mountain are usually much, much worse during the parties.

The biggest perk for us has long been enjoying other guests' costumes and the general festival atmosphere. There's a lot more interaction between people, and if you don't go in costume you're really missing out on the fun.
It depends when you go I guess. We have never had to wait in line much over 15 minutes if that. The OP is going pretty early so I would say the lines will more than likely be short.

memethyst

hallowishes is fantastic
boo to you is fantastic
hocus pocus is great
and i heard they're doing ghost galaxy for space mountain this year.
there's also a few rare character meet and greets, villains, jack and sally, princesses with their princes, tarzan jane and terk together, aladdin and abu together, all 7 of the dwarves together, and characters like mickey, minnie, donald, daisy, goofy, pooh, tigger, piglet, and eeyore in halloween costumes. but they always have super long lines.
and of course the candy... so... much... candy... i love candy but i never end up eating it all.
probably my favorite thing about mnsshp though is honestly people watching and looking at all the great costumes [especially on actual halloween if you go there on that day]
oh also, on the lawn of the haunted mansion there's 2 ghosts who alternate named carlotta and renatta. they tell jokes and pick on guests' costumes, they're great.
my least favorite part about the party is the typical... sigh... tomorrowland dance parties. though this one has monsters inc characters which are never out.

KikoKea

The last castle stage show is usually far less crowded. Last year, we wandered up front a few minutes before the show started and had a great view, without being too crowded- the best show to catch. The parade is great fun, so don't miss either one. Be sure to get in place a bit early so you don't miss the Headless Horseman...and then cheer for the guy pushing the cleanup cart!

They have special food and merchandise for sale at certain places, so check the map. We aren't big on sweets so never buy the cupcakes, etc, but one year I did snag a Headless Horseman magic band- very cool. Each year, they also have a different Halloween bag for sale, which makes a nice bag to take home or put gifts in.

Be sure to wear a costume! Even a simple one will make the evening more fun. We always go as pirates, and my husband's first costume was a pair of old jeans with the bottom of the legs cut in strips and a white tshirt with holes and red lipstick for blood. Simple, but fun. Now, we have more elaborate costumes, and it has been fun collecting items from thrift shops. (Snagged a great belt a couple of weeks ago) Keep the costumes light and cool- it can be hot there even in October, and make sure they are easy to move in so you can get in and out of rides easily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom