First time at MNSSHP ,Any tips?

tomast

Hi everyone I am going this month to Disney World to experience for first time MNSSHP.
We get the ticket to the party and also a day ticket to the park and we are thinking of going to MK at the morning and stay there for MNSSHP.

We are a party of 2, no kids. Do you have any tips or advice??

JIMINYCR

We’ve been multiple times. It is IMHO the best event Dis puts on. Going am gives you time to do a lot early. Get your wrist bands as early as they start because the line gets long. There are several places to get them. If you want character M&Gs figure out which ones are most important for you Those lines get extensive because characters that aren’t normally seen are extremely popular. Decide early where you want to watch the parade. It is the best!!! My fav spot is by Pecos Bills. Get there early cause spots cram up tight. Candy is everywhere so if that’s what you want you can fill up at will. Carry a small backpack instead of a treat bag which is easier to haul around.
The costumes people come in with are fabulous. If you costume up wear things that aren’t going to be too hot.
There are lockers to rent if you want to bring a costume with you and store it until the event starts.
Enjoy!! Once you go once you’ll want to go again!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tomast

Original Poster
We’ve been multiple times. It is IMHO the best event Dis puts on. Going am gives you time to do a lot early. Get your wrist bands as early as they start because the line gets long. There are several places to get them. If you want character M&Gs figure out which ones are most important for you Those lines get extensive because characters that aren’t normally seen are extremely popular. Decide early where you want to watch the parade. It is the best!!! My fav spot is by Pecos Bills. Get there early cause spots cram up tight. Candy is everywhere so if that’s what you want you can fill up at will. Carry a small backpack instead of a treat bag which is easier to haul around.
The costumes people come in with are fabulous. If you costume up wear things that aren’t going to be too hot.
There are lockers to rent if you want to bring a costume with you and store it until the event starts.
Enjoy!! Once you go once you’ll want to go again!!!
Thanks for all your tips. Truly appreciate it.

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

Hi everyone I am going this month to Disney World to experience for first time MNSSHP.
We get the ticket to the party and also a day ticket to the park and we are thinking of going to MK at the morning and stay there for MNSSHP.

We are a party of 2, no kids. Do you have any tips or advice??
We did that exact same thing last month. My wife and I had tickets to the party on 9/24 and we had regular tickets to MK during the day. We dressed up as Peter Pan and Tinker Bell and we kept our costumes in a storage locker until around 3:30 that afternoon. The lockers are located to the right as soon as you enter the park, just past where you scan your MagicBand, next to where they rent electric scooters.

By already being in the park at 4:00pm, the time when they first let guests for the party in, we avoided the crowd and long lines waiting to get in. We had lots of fun and we didn't think it was too crowded, even though it was sold out.

Upvote 0

tomast

Original Poster
We dressed up as Peter Pan and Tinker Bell and we kept our costumes in a storage locker until around 3:30 that afternoon. The lockers are located to the right as soon as you enter the park, just past where you scan your MagicBand, next to where they rent electric scooters.

Thanks, thats a great idea, we will probably use those lockers to store our costumes too!
If you costume up wear things that aren’t going to be too hot
Good advice.
Get your wrist bands as early as they start because the line gets long.
Where do I get the wristbands? And I read there are some trick-or-treat bags, where can I get them?

Candy is everywhere so if that’s what you want you can fill up at will. Carry a small backpack instead of a treat bag which is easier to haul around.
Candy is always a good idea, I will take your advice and carry a small backpack.
Decide early where you want to watch the parade. It is the best!!! My fav spot is by Pecos Bills. Get there early cause spots cram up tight.
Thanks for that advice, I will try to get a place by Pecos Bills. At what time do you think it's best to watch the parade? I read there are two options: at 21:15 or 23:15

Any recomendations on specific rides or M&G or Fireworks?

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

I think you can get the wristbands wherever they hand out the candy. There are about a dozen or so locations throughout the park. We got ours in Tomorrowland, close to the line for the candy giveaway. Just ask any cast member where one of those stations is at or you can see them all on the map below. That's where you also get the Trick-or-Treat bag.

mickey-2.jpg

mickey-1.jpg

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Thanks, thats a great idea, we will probably use those lockers to store our costumes too!

Good advice.

Where do I get the wristbands? And I read there are some trick-or-treat bags, where can I get them?

Candy is always a good idea, I will take your advice and carry a small backpack.

Thanks for that advice, I will try to get a place by Pecos Bills. At what time do you think it's best to watch the parade? I read there are two options: at 21:15 or 23:15

Any recomendations on specific rides or M&G or Fireworks?
The bands can be picked up by Fantasy Faire by mickeys philharmonic, tortuga tavern by Pirates of Caribbean, across Monsters Inc in Tomorrowland, or at the entrance to MK outside by the turnstiles.
They give the treat bags at wrist band spots. They are tiny and not too sturdy so if you are looking for a haul use the backpack.
Parades are the same so we enjoy the earlier one so we can do more attractions, have time to get spots for Fireworks which go off close to 10pm and watch the stage shows.
The dwarfs are exceptionally popular with extensive lines.
You can access a map by from Disney site that shows where things are going on and the times.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

We went to MNSSHP in 9/10 and chose to head to the park early. We got there around 2:30 and there was already a massive crowd waiting to get in. But because we were using our tickets/passes, there was a separate line to enter.

We picked up our party wristband at Tortuga Tavern without any wait.

If you’re wanting to see all 7 dwarves or Jack and Sally, I’d recommend Getting in li e EARLY!! Jack and Sally M&G starts early, around 4:00ish (from what I recall). And both M&Gs averaged a 2+ hour wait. We chose to bypass it!

The park also has special party-only snacks but the lines can get a bit long early in the party. We mistakenly had a meal at liberty tree tavern around 4:30 and spoiled our appetite for all the snacks due to being stuffed! I really wanted to try the Hades ice cream cone but my mom really wanted the cinnamon funnel cake—it was good but too much, even for two people to split!

Make sure to do HM if you do any rides and make sure to go after it gets dark. HM is my favorite ride and it’s even better during the party. Take note, the queue can get long but shortens towards the end of the night.

Speaking of towards the end of the night—the candy trails will start dumping candy by the handful toward the end of the night. And the bags are small (but nice quality for resusing)!

Here’s a pic of my mom and myself (as Limguine and Ratatouille)…

Attachments

• IMG_3956.jpeg
    IMG_3956.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0

tomast

Original Poster
We went to MNSSHP in 9/10 and chose to head to the park early. We got there around 2:30 and there was already a massive crowd waiting to get in. But because we were using our tickets/passes, there was a separate line to enter.

We picked up our party wristband at Tortuga Tavern without any wait.

If you’re wanting to see all 7 dwarves or Jack and Sally, I’d recommend Getting in li e EARLY!! Jack and Sally M&G starts early, around 4:00ish (from what I recall). And both M&Gs averaged a 2+ hour wait. We chose to bypass it!

The park also has special party-only snacks but the lines can get a bit long early in the party. We mistakenly had a meal at liberty tree tavern around 4:30 and spoiled our appetite for all the snacks due to being stuffed! I really wanted to try the Hades ice cream cone but my mom really wanted the cinnamon funnel cake—it was good but too much, even for two people to split!

Make sure to do HM if you do any rides and make sure to go after it gets dark. HM is my favorite ride and it’s even better during the party. Take note, the queue can get long but shortens towards the end of the night.

Speaking of towards the end of the night—the candy trails will start dumping candy by the handful toward the end of the night. And the bags are small (but nice quality for resusing)!

Here’s a pic of my mom and myself (as Limguine and Ratatouille)…

Thanks for all the details!

+2 hours for a meet and great is clearly not in my plans!

HM is my favorite ride too so I will be going to it for sure! Haha.

Love your costumes!!!

Upvote 0

WorldExplorer

Be careful about where you're putting the candy you get. Sometimes it gets ripped open in transit and they shovel so much of the stuff out they don't really notice. You could end up with a squished candy bar ruining your backpack. I recommend using a merchandise plastic bag, which can then be shoved in a backpack.

Speaking of which, usually the candy stations have a long line when they first open, but then they'll free up later in the night. Keep in mind that you're allowed to go through the same ones as many times in a row as you want.

If you, for whatever reason, end up with no reusable treat bag (which you might as well grab no matter what you end up actually using) from when you pick up your wristbands, they'll sometimes have extras at the treat stations.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

Make sure you keep a close eye on the weather forecast. There is a lot of rain in the fall and it is not uncommon for at least one showing of the parade or stage show to be canceled. If it looks like it might rain later in the night, go to the earlier parade/show because you don't want to miss them, they're great!

Since you have both day tickets and party tickets, use the daytime to go on lots of rides. Many people avoid the park on party days because of the shorter hours so you might get luck with some short wait times. That will leave you with time to enjoy all the party-specific entertainment (check out the Cadaver Dans) once the party begins.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

IMO, the best advice would be make sure you take it all in, and enjoy it!. They really do go all out with the theming, the desserts, even the trick or treating is SO much fun. Also, some people go all out for their costumes, and it really is great to see. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom