First look at the new Matterhorn upgrades! (SPOILERS)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing, I will have to watch again at home when I can listen to the sound ( I can't now since I'm at work). It is also nice to take a close look at things now because when I ride in August the ride goes by so fast I can't take it all in!

jbphotos

that roar is horrible & the pile of junk replacing the glowing crystals and the wells expedition camp is kind of disappointing, its a cool concept but its poorly executed in my opinion other than that the new Harold looks amazing & the new lift effect looks really good. I'm excited to see what they've done with peter pan next

TP2000

Looks like they maybe ditched the subtle snow effect on the lift hall in favor of the new effect based on the video which is kind of a bummer.

I have hazy memories of when the lift hill looked like this for the first two decades, per Walt Disney.

matterhorn2.jpg

When they upgraded it in the late 1970's, sealed up the exterior holes at the top, and added the movie screens with a fake snowstorm on it, it always bugged me. Why the heck would it be snowing INSIDE a giant mountain? How does an interior cavern have it's own weather systems? It just seemed senseless and fake.

It's funny to think there's now 35 years of Disneyland visitors who just think that's normal, that your bobsled goes into a cavern and gets pulled up a clanky lift hill and it's snowing inside this fake mountain. And when the snow goes away and it reverts to an actual icy cavern again, it disappoints them. :)

Phineas

That AA is really nice-paying tribute to the original without drastically changing it too terribly much, like they did with a certain bride-to-be...

Stevek

I think all the additions/changes look very cool. I've heard some folks complaining about the "wreckage" area being so bad compared to the ice crystals but I thought the new stuff looked great. Nice upgrade...now fix the seats : )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom