First Disneyland trip

tiggerlvr

Original Poster
I have planned quite a few WDW trips, however I haven't been to Disneyland since 1993. I know it is much different to plan a DL trip. It's kind of funny because I am so used to planning for WDW which is so involved, I don't even know where to begin to plan this trip. It's just going to be me and my best friend. We are looking at possibly going in August, maybe the 20th-23rd ish. I have no idea if that is a good time to go. We will probably just be eating quick service type meals, no sit downs. I guess I am just looking for any advice you might have for me. I feel like a fish out of water with this one. Thanks in advance!

ProjectXBlog

I have planned quite a few WDW trips, however I haven't been to Disneyland since 1993. I know it is much different to plan a DL trip. It's kind of funny because I am so used to planning for WDW which is so involved, I don't even know where to begin to plan this trip. It's just going to be me and my best friend. We are looking at possibly going in August, maybe the 20th-23rd ish. I have no idea if that is a good time to go. We will probably just be eating quick service type meals, no sit downs. I guess I am just looking for any advice you might have for me. I feel like a fish out of water with this one. Thanks in advance!
how exciting! you’d be going right around when school starts back up (i’m pretty sure) so it hopefully shouldn’t be too crazy. are you park hopping or sticking to just DL?

Phroobar

This thread will help you.

beachlover4444

We too are WDW veterans and did Disneyland for the first time Nov 5-9 last year. One thing we did was we changed from a 3 day to a 4 day ticket and we did the hopper with maxpass. We really did not need the hopper to be honest but we used it because we paid for it. We spent day 1 in DCA. Saved day 2 for Disneyland. Because we spent that night at Grand Californian (a last minute splurge) we got into DCA early so we did 3 hours there then spent the rest of day 3 in Disneyland. That day happened to be the first day of all the Holiday stuff and parade and small world holiday overlay opened. We watched the xmas parade etc. So day 4 we went back and did the things we wanted to hit 1 more time because we feared we would never return. We didnt need a 4th day but so glad we went ahead and did it because we could slow down and soak it all in, every little detail. The food there is so much better than WDW. We loved hungry bear, carnation cafe and Flo's... Carnation was the only sit down we did because we didnt want to waste alot of time tied to that schedule. Food was better at DL than DCA for our tastes. We loved Cars Land. We walked thru but didnt do Galaxy Edge. Were 58 and 59 and I get motion sickness so some things my husband did alone and I took pictures. MAXPASS is a must. We saved so much time using it and stacking the fastpasses, its so much better than WDW version and I love that everyone is on the same playing field when the park opens and you dont have to plan 60 or 30 days out. We cannot wait to go back. We're starting to plan another trip. Also when we bought our tickets they were good for a year. I got sick and we just had to make sure to use them before the year was up. HAVE FUN

BubbaQuest

That should be a good time. CA schools keep starting earlier and earlier in August, so hopefully that will be a nice lull between summer vacations and the holiday overlays.

Since your are not worried about table service restaurants, the only thing you really need to do is find a hotel. Lots of hotels right across the street to the main entrance so easily walkable. Or you can splurge (for 2-3 times the price) for one of the Disney hotels on the other side of the entrance. As the previous poster mentioned, with MaxPass and a park hopper, there isn't much to worry about.

Relax and have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom