First Day- Insanity? or ..uhhh..Insanity?

Aladdin?

Original Poster
Hey guys, just inquiring as tohow the first day is? Like, what do you usually do? is your introduction meeting (I forget what its called) the same day? How long until you usually get to work?... I knwo this kinda branches off my original question,but any help would be appreciated...

Thanks guys...

MMP

It's actually pretty organized I think, You stand in a lot of lines where you get your apartment assignment, you have your background check done, you fill out paperwork for health services, you have your housing ID made (not your Disney ID, just your housing ID, this won't get you in the parks), and then you go to a housing meeting. It's usually about a week before you actually start working, you go to Traditions first and then any extra training you may need for cash handeling or Food and Beverage Safety plus your park or resort orientation before they assign you to your location training. Training last 3-4 days and then you start actually working.

togasports

When I was down there, for the first couple of days until we went to traditions and got our cast IDs, we could get into the parks with our housing IDs.

kal1484

My first day we were the first people there, (me and my roomate) we got our housing, went over got into the apart. then later had a meeting. It's easy going really. And with your housing ID, you can get into the parks, people at the gate know that new CPs are checking in.

Aladdin?

Original Poster
Awesome..sounds good... I was under the impression that you were just rushed the entire first day and,or week...

MMP

People may let you in using your housing ID's but it's officially against the rules and the person that lets you in could get into a lot of trouble. So don't go to the parks expecting that someone will let you in and don't try to get into backstage areas with just a housing ID.

MMP

Maybe they've gotten more strict about it. Because when I went on my first CP in Spring of 2005 they told us to not even try it and the friends I had that worked turnstiles always bitched about new arrivals trying to get in, they said it wasn't worth risking their job just to let someone in before they got their company ID. Because even if you're already checked in, you aren't a cast member until you've signed your papers in Traditions.
One time when my family was in town visiting I left my company ID in the hotel room. I had planned to enter MK through the front gates and then enter the tunnel and when I realized I didn't have my ID I showed them my housing ID and my drivers License and they still couldn't let me in.
I'm not saying that you won't get in with just your housing ID, I'm sure some turnstiles CM's might let you in, but you aren't supposed to and it probably isn't worth it to get in trouble or get someone else in trouble.

togasports

Actually, you are a cast member on your first day when you sign the non disclosure papers and such. Its usually the last meeting of the day.

Captain Hank

MMP said:
You sign those papers at Traditions, not on your first day, you are not a cast member until Traditions.
Speaking from my own personal experience, on the first day of my Professional Internship we signed the papers at a meeting at the Casting Center. We then headed over to Epcot to get costumes and fill out more paperwork. My whole group didn't go through Traditions until the next day. It depends on your program.

MMP

When I was a CP which was in 2005 we didn't sign those papers until Traditions, we never went to casting. The only papers we signed on the first day involved housing and health services.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom