Fireworks/Electric Light Parade Fast passes?

silvafam1116

Original Poster
Is it worth it to get either the MK fireworks or the electric light parade fast passes? If so, which one is better to get? I don't want to tie up two fast passes all day for both. It is my kids' first trip!

SAV

I don't think using a FP+ for any parade or fireworks is worth it. You can see the fireworks from most anywhere in the park. I actually prefer viewing them from behind the castle, but then you don't get to see the projection show. As for the parade, I'd rather go and pick out a spot about 30-45 minutes before the start than to use a FP+ and have no opportunity to get a 4th, 5th, etc. during the day. The floats are big, so you can see them. You just miss out on some of the walking characters passing by if you don't arrive early enough and are stuck several people back.

popcenturylover

I don't think using a FP+ for any parade or fireworks is worth it. You can see the fireworks from most anywhere in the park. I actually prefer viewing them from behind the castle, but then you don't get to see the projection show. As for the parade, I'd rather go and pick out a spot about 30-45 minutes before the start than to use a FP+ and have no opportunity to get a 4th, 5th, etc. during the day. The floats are big, so you can see them. You just miss out on some of the walking characters passing by if you don't arrive early enough and are stuck several people back.
Totally agree with you on all accounts!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We used two in one day knowing we would be locked out of getting other fastpasses. That being said I thought it was totally worth it. Having a good location and not having to camp out in advance and deal with others that are culturally challenged was so worth it.

DisneyGirl3820

I wouldn't waste a fastpass honestly. We always seems to "bump into" the light parade anyway. I want to echo the other comments above about the fireworks--you don't need a specific fastpass+ to get a great view. Upstairs at the train station is a fantastic place to see the fireworks. Even if you're not in MK during the fireworks you can still get a great view. We've been on the ferry, at our hotel, on the monorail, etc. and got spectacular views. IMO, I would much rather have a Fastpass for 7DMT than the light parade any day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Is it worth it to get either the MK fireworks or the electric light parade fast passes? If so, which one is better to get? I don't want to tie up two fast passes all day for both. It is my kids' first trip!
Welcome aboard
^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

officialtom

We don't bother for MK, but we always get them for Fantasmic, and we're about 50/50 for Illuminations, depending on what else we want to do.

BlindChow

I think the big question is whether the quality of the FP viewing area outweighs having to "camp out" to find a decent spot (not behind lots of people, building/tree obstructions, etc.). It's been awhile since I've been to WDW, but I remember seeing people sitting and waiting hours before the parade starts.

And are fireworks/parade FP's available later in the day? If you use your 3 original fastpasses, will you be able to pick up a Wishes one at, say, 3pm?

Tuvalu

And are fireworks/parade FP's available later in the day? If you use your 3 original fastpasses, will you be able to pick up a Wishes one at, say, 3pm?
Nope. Since there are fewer of them, FPs for parade and fireworks viewing are usually booked and there is no same-day availability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom