Firework Fantasy - Holiday Wish 2009

JediMasterMatt

Original Poster
Magic. Disney World is about finding the very heart of magic. My most recent trip to the world started me thinking about using a bit of magic to create a photo full of Firework Fantasy that only exists in my minds eye.
The photo pictured here is just one of those Firework Fantasy photos I had in mind.

One of the things that anyone that tries to capture fireworks on film has to do is a bit of preparation in learning the timing of the show. Luckily, a Disney photographer has a great many resources at their disposal to assist. Audio and video can certainly help plan things out. It helps to learn when the various bursts go off and how long you'll need to leave the shutter opened.

I did have one thing about Holiday Wishes that confused me. Why don't the Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle come on at some point during the show? Seems rather odd to me. After all, I could visualize how pretty it would look in my head.

No worries. A photographer in the digital era has the tools at their disposal to make such a Fantasy come true. A steady tripod, two different exposures, and a bit of magic with a few photo editing suites can make any dream, or in this case Dream Lights, come true.

From my minds eye, to all of you, a very merry Christmas to all.

Click to embiggen!

hpyhnt 1000

I've often wondered the exact same thing about the Castle Lights, and after seeing your amazing edit, I wonder even more.

Amazing job! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom