Finding Nemo on Ice - Pictures

Mickifan17

Original Poster
Hello All:

Below are pictures I took last night of the opening of Finding Nemo on Ice at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, NY. I have to say, this show was great!! I didn't know how things could be done, but of course, Disney pulled it off.

The skaters were great and very interactive with the crowd (you can see a picture of my youngest son with one of the turtles).

If you've been contemplating going to see the show, GO!!!!

Sorry, I don't have pics of the very end of the show (can you believe I forgot to charge my battery on my camera?), but if you have any questions as to how things were done, let me know. Enjoy the pictures!! :wave:

Attachments

• IMG_0405s.jpg
    IMG_0405s.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 892
  • IMG_0412s.jpg
    IMG_0412s.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 2,012
  • IMG_0423s.jpg
    IMG_0423s.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 981
  • IMG_0425s.jpg
    IMG_0425s.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,929
  • IMG_0426s.jpg
    IMG_0426s.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 856

Mickifan17

Original Poster
Here are more:

Attachments

• IMG_0429s.jpg
    IMG_0429s.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0433s.jpg
    IMG_0433s.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,726
  • IMG_0442s.jpg
    IMG_0442s.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0444s.jpg
    IMG_0444s.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 852
  • IMG_0460s.jpg
    IMG_0460s.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 566

Mickifan17

Original Poster
And even more:

Attachments

• IMG_0467s.jpg
    IMG_0467s.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IMG_0469s.jpg
    IMG_0469s.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_0495s.jpg
    IMG_0495s.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_0496s.jpg
    IMG_0496s.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0498s.jpg
    IMG_0498s.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,719

Mickifan17

Original Poster
And still more...sorry to bore you:

Attachments

• IMG_0502s.jpg
    IMG_0502s.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0504s.jpg
    IMG_0504s.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_0519s.jpg
    IMG_0519s.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_0520s.jpg
    IMG_0520s.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 3,136
  • IMG_0521s.jpg
    IMG_0521s.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 515

NADisney

Great Pic. !!

Wish i could see the show but I will be at Disney World dec 1-8th when it comes to Indy. :xmas:

The backdrop looks like a projection screen or was it just a painted flat?

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Mickifan17

Original Poster
NADisney said:
Great Pic. !!

Wish i could see the show but I will be at Disney World dec 1-8th when it comes to Indy. :xmas:

The backdrop looks like a projection screen or was it just a painted flat?

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Hey, I'd rather be in Disney World than see the show, but I just got back a couple of weeks ago. Yes, the backdrop was a projection screen that changed with the scenes. For example, the fish tank scene had the dentist talking as if he was looking into the fish tank, the jellyfish scene, etc.

Mickifan17

Original Poster
NADisney said:
Any great merchandise!!

Actually, they did have some pretty cool stuff. Very expensive, but cute items. Spinning lights, light up swords, sno-cone souvenier cups, etc. They even had a shark hat that came with the $10 cotton candy.

LoriMistress

Part of my V-day gift my DH got me was tickets for Disney On Ice because we missed WDW so much we needed some of that Disney magic in our hearts. Kind of sweet and stupid, isn't it? :D

NADisney

the little mermaid on ice was the last ice show to visit lou,ky in 1998 ,I should had bought some of the merchandise they had.

I'm surprised how the ice skaters are dressed for this production, in the little mermaid ice production ,Flounder was a full puppet that coverd the upper torso of the skater with moving eyes and mouth-his legs was coverd in dark blue pants .

ursala was both a moving skater and a large balloon for the final scenes.

Thumper 32

Awesome pics! Thanks a bunch.

On a semi-related note, has anyone ever seen any pictures of Monsters Inc. on Ice? I really want to see how they did all the other monsters and Boo.

Thanks!

Mickifan17

Original Poster
Thumper 32 said:
Awesome pics! Thanks a bunch.

On a semi-related note, has anyone ever seen any pictures of Monsters Inc. on Ice? I really want to see how they did all the other monsters and Boo.

Thanks!

I went to see that as well last year, but only snapped a couple of pics. I'll try and post those for you. The costumes were huge and it was amazing how anyone could skate wearing them.

jesserin

We say Toy Story 2 on ice last year - it was a great show, but you can't take camera's into the coliseum where it took place - so no pics...

I love your pictures though! They were awsome!

TheDisneyGirl02

Those pictures were great! You must have had excellent seats! The only Disney ice show I've been to was Aladdin years ago. I love how they pulled off the under the sea aspect!

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

TheDisneyGirl02

Mickifan17

Original Poster
TheDisneyGirl02 said:
Those pictures were great! You must have had excellent seats! The only Disney ice show I've been to was Aladdin years ago. I love how they pulled off the under the sea aspect!

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

TheDisneyGirl02

Thank you for the compliments. Yes, we had the best seats possible. They were the first row on the ice in the center of the arena. It was a really good time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom