FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
WE GOT OUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER EMAIL YESTERDAY!!!!!!!! :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
Even though I knew we'd get it eventually, my dear husband was surprised at just HOW MUCH screaming occurred when I opened that email yesterday!
We get to call member services today because they have our address wrong and the website wouldn't let us update our address.

I'm assuming we will actually be snail-mailed DVC member cards, even though we bought resale? We aren't expecting any discounts but on our profile, it lists numerous restaurants and some shops where we can get discounts, including BOG. Does anyone know if this actually works for resale?

Also, we won't have any points until Dec 2021 so does that mean we don't have to pay dues until then? No dues are listed as due in our account.

SO HAPPY to be part of the cool kids club! Our home resort is Animal Kingdom Kidani!

nickys

Premium Member
WE GOT OUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER EMAIL YESTERDAY!!!!!!!! :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
Even though I knew we'd get it eventually, my dear husband was surprised at just HOW MUCH screaming occurred when I opened that email yesterday!
We get to call member services today because they have our address wrong and the website wouldn't let us update our address.

I'm assuming we will actually be snail-mailed DVC member cards, even though we bought resale? We aren't expecting any discounts but on our profile, it lists numerous restaurants and some shops where we can get discounts, including BOG. Does anyone know if this actually works for resale?

Also, we won't have any points until Dec 2021 so does that mean we don't have to pay dues until then? No dues are listed as due in our account.

SO HAPPY to be part of the cool kids club! Our home resort is Animal Kingdom Kidani!
Firstly, Congratulations! 🍾🎉

Pretty sure with resale you only get digital membership cards. I think there is a way to download those from the member website.

Annual dues are due on Jan 15th each year, although your account is not considered overdue until Feb 15th. They give you a month leeway! Since you are now the owner, your account will be charged the full 2021 annual dues; these usually get added around Christmas. However it depends on what was stated in your sales contract as to who pays the majority of the 2021 dues. It should be the previous owner, and you should only have to pay one month’s worth. I would contact your resale company and find out what was agreed and what the procedure is you don’t know. It may be that the final price was reduced by 11/12ths of the estimated annual dues, for example. Or maybe they have paid money to the broker.

CMs are supposed to ask for blue cards and ID before giving a discount, but some may give you it anyway. YMMV.

Mainahman

Pretty sure with resale you only get digital membership cards. I think there is a way to download those from the member website.

Annual dues are due on Jan 15th each year, although your account is not considered overdue until Feb 15th. They give you a month leeway! Since you are now the owner, your account will be charged the full 2021 annual dues; these usually get added around Christmas. However it depends on what was stated in your sales contract as to who pays the majority of the 2021 dues. It should be the previous owner, and you should only have to pay one month’s worth. I would contact your resale company and find out what was agreed and what the procedure is you don’t know. It may be that the final price was reduced by 11/12ths of the estimated annual dues, for example. Or maybe they have paid money to the broker.

CMs are supposed to ask for blue cards and ID before giving a discount, but some may give you it anyway. YMMV.
Welcome!! Even though you started before us :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

Correct. Only direct buyers are mailed the blue cards. Resale only can download a white card.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
how quickly do those show up? I see the digital one in the website, but i like something in my wallet.
Well, it was well over a decade ago for the first one, and they sent us new ones a few years ago that have an expiration date, though of course, we must be getting new ones, as the expiration date of the card has nothing to do with the expiration date of our contract. Anyway, I think it's about a month after closing.

Mainahman

Well, it was well over a decade ago for the first one, and they sent us new ones a few years ago that have an expiration date, though of course, we must be getting new ones, as the expiration date of the card has nothing to do with the expiration date of our contract. Anyway, I think it's about a month after closing.
Ah that makes sense. Our closing is in november the way we did all the paperwork etc. Just booked the Welcome Home trip for March, so id imagine ill have them in hand by then.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Ah that makes sense. Our closing is in november the way we did all the paperwork etc. Just booked the Welcome Home trip for March, so id imagine ill have them in hand by then.
I thought you bought direct? If so, why November? Yes, you’ll be good by March. We go every March as well.

correcaminos

how quickly do those show up? I see the digital one in the website, but i like something in my wallet.
When they resent cards a handful of years ago it took me to request the card to get it tbh. They didn't send it out very fast. We bought originally over 15 years ago and it took a month.

Mainahman

I thought you bought direct? If so, why November? Yes, you’ll be good by March. We go every March as well.
We did. They spread the down payment out over 3 payments over 60 days. We financed, knowing that we can pay it off in a couple years. Figured if we could push it like that, allows us to get things sorted, and be done with Christmas stuff, before first payment is due in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom