Finally! My June Trip Report

Day 1 June 12th

I’ve been up since 4:15 a.m. and ready to go! The woman at the security check thought Ashley was my sister. Scott loved this one…he busted Ashley on it for the whole ride down. He told her that either her mother looked very young or she looked really old. LOL!! Our flight was on time and Thom from YOURRIDE was there with that bright pink sign waiting for us. While I checked us in at the front desk, Scott and the girls were enjoying the “squishy” chairs in the lobby. (as Danielle calls them) The lobby was absolutely beautiful! The decor is an eclectic mix of Victorian standards with a European flair.
Our room was not ready yet, so we dropped off our carry-on bags and grabbed the park passes and headed over to MGM for lunch at the Sci-Fi. We took the slow boat to MGM. After we docked we headed right for Rock N Roller coaster only to find out that the wait was horrendous. We decided to just go to the restaurant and check in a little early. After lunch our server brought Dani out a parfait glass with an ice cream sundae in it that we all shared.

We headed off to Star Tours and the Great Movie Ride. We checked out Rock N Roller Coaster again and decided to hit the stores and go back to the hotel to see if the room was ready. Our room was ready and we found out that we were upgraded to the concierge level. WooHOO!! I sent Scott and the girls up to the room with bell services while I paid for our Hoop de doo tickets for Friday night. I then proceeded to go the wrong way and had to ask where the elevator for the 4th floor was. (The heat must have been getting to me, LoL) I finally made it to the room and I must tell you I absolutely loved it! We had a balcony that overlooked the quiet pool and you could see the back of France and Morocco from it also. Scott said that he had a bad headache and decided to lie down while the girls and I unpacked and checked out the concierge lounge.

We headed back into MGM for dinner at the 50’s Prime Time. We hit Rock N Roller Coaster before dinner and Scott (who loves this ride) decided not to ride because of his headache. We had a 20 minute wait from what the standby sign said. Well, we ended up waiting 45 minutes. The CM took well over 100 FP riders before we were able to get on. We saw some people on the FP line that rode it twice. Dinner at the Prime Time was great as usual. I had the fried chicken. Dani didn’t feel like eating. The heat was getting to her. Remember we came from 70 degree heat and rain to the mid 90’s and high humidity. Our server (Uncle Pat) brought Dani out a special birthday cupcake and everyone sang to her.

It had started to rain right before we went in to dinner and was raining pretty well when we left the restaurant. It felt good though. We headed back to the dock so we could take the boat back to the hotel. We decided to relax and see what was going on in the lounge.

Day 2 coming soon!

MFLetou

Thanks, thats a good report, especially about RnRc taking so many fastpassers. I've never taken the boat to MGM, I wonder if its worth doing sometime...

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Dani at the Sci Fi

Attachments

• dani.jpg
    dani.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 154

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Here is a pic of the lobby. Notice the pink (squishy) chairs that dani loved. Check in is to the left of this pic.

Attachments

• lobby.jpg
    lobby.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 154

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Day 2

After a refreshing night of sleep, (no dueling snorers like the last trip!) we headed off to the Magic Kingdom and Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. We walked over to the Contemporary since it only takes a couple of minutes. After checking in at the podium, we found some seats and waited. We ended up getting seated right next to the waiting area/buffet. We took some great pics of Dani with the characters. Ash didn’t want her pic taken, so she took some with the 35mm while Scott manned the digital. After Breakfast we headed off into the Magic Kingdom and straight to Pirates of the Caribbean. This is one of our favorite rides and we had no line whatsoever. Next was Splash Mountain. We had a 20-minute wait, which was not bad considering Thunder Mountain had a 45-minute wait already. We had check the FP time for it and decided to skip it. By the time we got off SM, the wait had shot up to 45 mins., so we hit it at the right time. We found Scott and headed over to the Country Bear Jamboree. We had a wait of about 5 mins. before the start of the show.

After CBJ, we hit the Haunted Mansion. We walked right on. By this time it was getting pretty hot outside. So we headed into Fantasy Land. It’s a Small World was first on our list and by this time the lines were quite long for most of the rides here. We skipped through the rest of Fantasy Land and headed for Tomorrow Land. The TTA was our first stop. Space Mountain had a 90minute wait, so we decided to hit the shops on Main Street and head back to the hotel for a swim before dinner.

Scott took the girls to one of the quiet pools, which I could see from our balcony. I stayed in the room and took a short nap. Scott and the girls came back with hot dogs and snacks. We checked out the Lounge and I grabbed a Perrier and the girls grabbed some soda for themselves. I grabbed a coke for Scott. We all decided to freshen up before dinner, which was at the Hoop de Doo for the 5p.m. performance. Danielle had brought a new outfit that she got just for the Hoop de Doo. We put pigtails in her hair and were out the door. We took the bus over to the Mk and then took the boat over to Ft. Wilderness. We stopped in Crocket’s tavern for a drink. Dani had a soda, Ash had a smoothie, Scott had a beer and I had a glass of wine. We walked outside at about 10 minutes to 5. When we entered the hall, we were seated 1 table away from the stage right in the center of the room. We couldn’t have asked for better seats!

The show started and when the players came down into the audience, Dolly (Dani’s favorite) stopped at our table to tell her how nice she looked. And how she loved her hair. I told her that she dressed that way with the pigtails because she was her favorite. For the rest of the night Dolly made it a point to wave/ wink at Dani any chance that she had. Dani loved this! And when they asked who’s birthday it was, Dolly came right over to Dani and announced hers. We had a wonderful time. After dinner Ash and Scott took off to Downtown Disney and Dani and I headed back to the Resort. We stopped at our room so that Dan could change her shoes and I dropped off my bag and we headed downstairs to the shops. Dani bought herself one of those fans that spray water and I bought us ice cream cones. There was a juggler entertaining everyone on the Boardwalk while we were there. We took our cones and headed back to the room. Concierge had brought balloons and a card that was signed from the fab 5 while we were out today.

We walked down to the Concierge Lobby to talk to the nice ladies who worked there. Jackie and Beth are their names and if you ever stay there, you are in for a treat. They just cannot do enough for you. Just as soon as I entered, I was given a nice glass of wine and Dani and I relaxed for a few minutes chatting with the ladies before heading back to the room. Scott and Ash returned shortly afterward with their purchases from the Virgin Mega Store.

Stay tuned for Day 3!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Danielle with Minnie. For some reason part of Scott's shirt is in the picture. (sorry about that)

Attachments

• dani with minnie.jpg
    dani with minnie.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 134

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom