Finally became annual passholders!! Now, a simple question....

ELG13

I'm embarrassingly excited that we are officially annual passholders. I guess I never thought we could afford it on our vacation budget or that we would justify it but after looking at ticket prices for our week trip, it saved us $400 to get APs vs the Florida resident tickets we would normally get. With that being said, is there anything that I will be getting in the mail for the APs? I always see magnets and whatnot around town but assumed people bought those somewhere. I'm also super excited about all the discounts. Are there any hidden gems for discount any of you seasoned AP holder have discovered???

ELG13

Original Poster
I'm not sure how many an AP can purchase for their party. I asked via chat last year, and IIRC, they said 6 extra tickets. You might wish to email or check by chat to make sure.
Thanks!!! I wouldn't know about half this stuff without y'all

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
This is true ONLY if you are a current guest staying at a Disney Resort. You cannot charge anything with your Magic Band otherwise.

Also, the colors for the complimentary Magic Bands are the same year after year. Only the specialty bands (for an additional charge) change.
If I were to just get the complimentary magic band, and then on a few weeks see that they put a design one that I like up...can i still purchase that design???

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If I were to just get the complimentary magic band, and then on a few weeks see that they put a design one that I like up...can i still purchase that design???
Since you have an upcoming resort stay AND will have an AP, you are eligible for two MagicBands through MDE: one for the resort stay and one for your AP.

(Remember that all bands are linked to your MDE account and can be used interchangeably.)

If you have not chosen any bands yet, I would choose the solid color for your resort stay and wait until you see the specialty band you want for your AP. You need to choose the bands for everyone on the resort reservation at the same time; your AP band you can request whenever you want.

Note that the specialty bands offered in MDE are at a reduced price; you can find the same bands in the parks or on shopdisney and purchase as many as you want at full price.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Since you have an upcoming resort stay AND will have an AP, you are eligible for two MagicBands through MDE: one for the resort stay and one for your AP.

(Remember that all bands are linked to your MDE account and can be used interchangeably.)

If you have not chosen any bands yet, I would choose the solid color for your resort stay and wait until you see the specialty band you want for your AP. You need to choose the bands for everyone on the resort reservation at the same time; your AP band you can request whenever you want.

Note that the specialty bands offered in MDE are at a reduced price; you can find the same bands in the parks or on shopdisney and purchase as many as you want at full price.
Ok great! I'll go ahead and just get my complimentary band for now!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom