Festival of Fantasy and Wishes not on the FP+ MK list when selecting?

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Hi

Sorry if this has been posted already, I couldn't find anything...

I've booked my selections for MK today and there was no option for the parade or Wishes... is this normal? It wasn't that they were there and "locked out" or booked up- they weren't there at all to select? Anyone else find this? Maybe it's just a blip and if I log in again they will appear?

Thanks for any responses...

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think they're actually offering Wishes FP+ yet. It wasn't available 3 weeks ago when we were there. I think the viewing area is being constructed as part of the Hub remodel project.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
I don't think they're actually offering Wishes FP+ yet. It wasn't available 3 weeks ago when we were there. I think the viewing area is being constructed as part of the Hub remodel project.

Thanks... Anyone know about FoF? I thought I saw some people had it booked as one of there FP+?

ahosler

It looks like you can only reserve it a week out or something like that. I have it this coming Sunday 3/30, but I checked three weeks from this coming Sunday and it was not even listed. The furthest I could reserve out was 3/31.

KatMaria

FOF is going to be booked for weeks in advance, I think the closest one I could find was like 2 weeks out. FOF/Wishes goes really fast for FP+

Ariel1986

Original Poster
It looks like you can only reserve it a week out or something like that. I have it this coming Sunday 3/30, but I checked three weeks from this coming Sunday and it was not even listed. The furthest I could reserve out was 3/31.

I'm 58 days out so hopefully this is it- I'll have to keep checking! Thanks.

stevehousse

Why aren't they offering these at the 60 day mark like everything else? It seems fishy...reserve your experiences 60 days out, but remeber to check back a week before your vacaction to swap for a parade or nighttime show?!? Dumb...

Rob562

Why aren't they offering these at the 60 day mark like everything else? It seems fishy...reserve your experiences 60 days out, but remeber to check back a week before your vacaction to swap for a parade or nighttime show?!? Dumb...

At least in terms of the nighttime parades and fireworks I'm sure it has something to do with them being cautious about the park hours possibly being extended due to anticipated crowds. If they extend park hours sometimes they then move the fireworks and/or MSEP times. If they did that and simply moved everyones' FP+ reservations for those shows it could then cause conflicts with already-reserved ride FP+ times.

If that's the case, even though the daytime parade is at the same time every day they may simply lump it into the same "parade and fireworks" category and release the FP+ booking times all at the same time for programming simplicity.

I also just looked into what's currently available for FP+.
Wishes isn't available tonight but is available many days between now and 3/31. (A couple days this weekend it's unavailable, though that's not surprising)
FoF doesn't have any FP+ times available until Monday 3/31.

Both then disappear as options starting on 4/1, so it appears they're only available 7 days at a time.

-Rob

orky8

Are they a good use of a FP?
FoF was at least an OK use of FP, for us. Great spot, and you don't have to get there too early. But, I'd get there at least 30 minutes early to ensure you are in the front "row" of people, instead of the second.

For us, we were at AK in the morning and then parkhopped to MK, had lunch, and got to the area about 2:20ish, I think. We were maybe 6th in line, and it worked out great as we were easily able to secure a front "row" seat while keeping the kids in the stroller. Could we have found a front "row" seat somewhere else along the parade path at that time? I dunno. But we didn't have to try, because we had the FP, and that was nice.

FLmom

FoF was at least an OK use of FP, for us. Great spot, and you don't have to get there too early. But, I'd get there at least 30 minutes early to ensure you are in the front "row" of people, instead of the second.

For us, we were at AK in the morning and then parkhopped to MK, had lunch, and got to the area about 2:20ish, I think. We were maybe 6th in line, and it worked out great as we were easily able to secure a front "row" seat while keeping the kids in the stroller. Could we have found a front "row" seat somewhere else along the parade path at that time? I dunno. But we didn't have to try, because we had the FP, and that was nice.

Thanks for sharing your experience we are going the 31st and FP+ the FOF as its something my daughter REALLY REALLY wants to do and I've been wondering how early we should show up. I want to ensure she get a good view since she is so looking forward to it.

Rld

I am sure it is in the same place as Electric Parade. I have it booked on Tuesday so I will report back :)

If you have never seen it for EP.. it is pretty much dead in front of the castle in the garden area.. they rope off a good 10 ft+ wide area that is probably 30 yards long around that bend there.

As far as parades in general go.. I think that once you have seen them once they are kind of a waste of a FP.. especially for EP.. since there is usually a later running of it and it is very easy to get a front row seat for it. I used it on EP one time.. and will never again. I did use it for FOF this coming week.. but just because it happened to be there on the last day of my visit.

Dark Aries

i just noticed when i was scanning my dates for any new FP+ options, on the 16th of may the EP was down for "refurbishments" and un fasspass-able

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom