Feedback on this 10 day itinerary?

Comet978

Is this a good 10 day itinerary?

Going for the first time to WDW after 10 years and staying at Art of Animation. I am going with my dad and we were wondering if there are any things we change for a better trip? We are wanting to experience everything, and wouldn’t mind spending extra on Lightning Lane. Also, we have park hopper.

Please know: we won’t be doing open to close and will be taking it relatively slow, with a bit of time at the resort, or at a sit-down restaurant during the day.

Also, are there any tips or tricks we need to know before going?

If there are any questions, please ask!

Day 1: Magic Kingdom (HEA)

Day 2: EPCOT (Luminous - the symphony of us)

Day 3: Hollywood Studios (Fantasmic)

Day 4: Water Park and half day Magic Kingdom

Day 5: Rest day

Day 6: Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom (Half Day)

Day 7: Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom (Half Day)

Day 8: Resort Day / Disney Springs or open park day (evening trip with nighttime spectacular)

Day 9: EPCOT and Hollywood Studios (Fantasmic)

Day 10: Magic Kingdom (HEA)

Last edited:

Eric Graham

Going for the first time to WDW after 10 years and staying at Art of Animation. I am going with my dad and we were wondering if there are any things we change for a better trip? We are wanting to experience everything, and wouldn’t mind spending extra on Lightning Lane. Also, we have park hopper.

Please know: we won’t be doing open to close and will be taking it relatively slow, with a bit of time at the resort, or at a sit-down restaurant during the day.

Day 4: Water Park and half day Animal Kingdom

Day 6: EPCOT and Magic Kingdom (Half Day)

Day 7: Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom (Half Day)

Day 8: Resort Day / Disney Springs or open park day (evening trip with nighttime spectacular)

What advice would you like? On restaurants or other things besides restaurants. i hope y'all have a very wonderful trip?! I've been a number of times so maybe I can help. I've not stayed at the Art of Animation. but I've heard it's a nice resort.

Upvote 0

Comet978

Original Poster
What advice would you like? On restaurants or other things besides restaurants. i hope y'all have a very wonderful trip?! I've been a number of times so maybe I can help. I've not stayed at the Art of Animation. but I've heard it's a nice resort.
I would like some feedback on the itinerary. Also, are there tricks with the MultiPass system, are there snacks and restaurants I can not miss?

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

I would like some feedback on the itinerary. Also, are there tricks with the MultiPass system, are there snacks and restaurants I can not miss?
Sorry, but I'm not that familiar with the multipass system since they just introduced it. When we go again, I know that we can book a week in advance for our first rides. As for restaurants, we really enjoy Yak and Yeti at the Animal Kingdom. If you buy into the Landry's Select Club, you can pay about 20 something dollars and they give you a gift card and you can book with them within a few days of your reservation. They also own TREX. We also really enjoy the Boathouse in Disney Springs. Their seafood, especially the lobster is the best. We also really enjoy the seafood at Cape May at the Beach/Yacht Club. You should see if there is an upcoming festival when y'all are arriving. It's a fun way to eat small plates around the world and they also have concerts throughout the year. May be a good idea to use a Disney Gift card for eating around the world. It'll be very nice that your resort also offers transportation with the skyliner other than the buses. We usually stay at Yacht/Beach, but there is a great place to have lunch also at the Riviera. Happy travels!

Upvote 0

Comet978

Original Poster
Sorry, but I'm not that familiar with the multipass system since they just introduced it. When we go again, I know that we can book a week in advance for our first rides. As for restaurants, we really enjoy Yak and Yeti at the Animal Kingdom. If you buy into the Landry's Select Club, you can pay about 20 something dollars and they give you a gift card and you can book with them within a few days of your reservation. They also own TREX. We also really enjoy the Boathouse in Disney Springs. Their seafood, especially the lobster is the best. We also really enjoy the seafood at Cape May at the Beach/Yacht Club. You should see if there is an upcoming festival when y'all are arriving. It's a fun way to eat small plates around the world and they also have concerts throughout the year. May be a good idea to use a Disney Gift card for eating around the world. It'll be very nice that your resort also offers transportation with the skyliner other than the buses. We usually stay at Yacht/Beach, but there is a great place to have lunch also at the Riviera. Happy travels!
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

Thank you!
You're very welcome..it may be also very helpful if you picked up a Disney travel book from the bookstore or library. Also, on the Disney website you can view restaurant menus and the like that are more suited for your food needs. They also list other activities that may be helpful for your trip. We also did a lightsaber experience at the Star Wars section of Hollywood Studios which was a lot of fun. It's a little expensive, but definitely worth it.

Upvote 0

Comet978

Original Poster
You're very welcome..it may be also very helpful if you picked up a Disney travel book from the bookstore or library. Also, on the Disney website you can view restaurant menus and the like that are more suited for your food needs. They also list other activities that may be helpful for your trip. We also did a lightsaber experience at the Star Wars section of Hollywood Studios which was a lot of fun. It's a little expensive, but definitely worth it.
What is the lightsaber experience?

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Day 4: Water Park and half day Animal Kingdom

Day 6: EPCOT and Magic Kingdom (Half Day)

Day 7: Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom (Half Day)

Is there like,… a ton you like to do at Epcot? Or like, is that your favorite park? If not, you can for sure fit everything there into two half days. Same with animal kingdom, imo. Unless you are planning on collecting the badge stickers with a talkative child

Magic kingdom is the hardest park to “do everything” in. Hollywood studios i think likely has the most reridability, meaning you might pack it all in in two half days but you’ll likely want to do a couple rides more than once.

I think it looks good but I’d for sure put more time into MK

Upvote 0

Comet978

Original Poster
Is there like,… a ton you like to do at Epcot? Or like, is that your favorite park? If not, you can for sure fit everything there into two half days. Same with animal kingdom, imo. Unless you are planning on collecting the badge stickers with a talkative child

Magic kingdom is the hardest park to “do everything” in. Hollywood studios i think likely has the most reridability, meaning you might pack it all in in two half days but you’ll likely want to do a couple rides more than once.

I think it looks good but I’d for sure put more time into MK
Thanks for the amazing tips! I changed it a bit

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom