February weather??

openendedsky

It's true, you northerners DO have thicker blood. I lived in CT for 4 years and couldn't get back south fast enough! :)
I think it's all perspective- when you're used to 80 and sunny, the 50's feel chilly. Orlando seems even cooler than the coast. I'd rather be prepared then freezing and have to shell out $50 for a Mickey hoodie...
It usually is because on the coast you have the warm (well..as warm as they'll be this time of the year) water currents. I live in Lakeland and it's usually 5-10 cooler or warmer than the coast, depending on the season.

22. You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee , Withlacoochee , Thonotosassa and Micanopy.
What about Itchepackesassa and Econlockhatchee

SulleyanBoo

I am a born/raised Floridian and I can tell you that even the local weather man can never predict the weather. It is like night and day here. So, in this case ( I will be there for the DPH too :) ) I will be packing "over packing" because I will have a variety of things to choose from.

My best prediction from experience is that it is chilly in the morning and as soon as the sun comes out, it warms up very rapidly. Then, goes back down to chilly at sundown unless there is humidity involved which means it will just be semi warm and humid.

I would bring a pair of jeans for the night time and long sleeve shirts and even shorts..maybe a couple light scarfs and a light jacket.

For race day, I would bring a light jacket if you plan on running in it OR throwing it off to the side-Disney donates all of the jackets that runners toss aside to local charities (that is what I was told)

Here is an actual forecast. Hope this helps and Good Luck!:D

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USFL0372

Maelstrom Troll

The year we went in February was about 40 at night and high 70s during the day. We wore jeans and light jackets in the am and one or two days shorts with a hoodie or jacket. We were only really cold when we rode the river boats back to POFQ. Being on the water and in motion made it SO chilly. If I were running I would definitely invest in a quality wind shirt.

mweier

it's bound to be warmer than MN in February, which is why I'm heading down then! I might not go swimming if it's only 60-70º but our kids probably will!

SecondStarTilMorning

Ok, REAL TALK here. I went in 2011 in February and the weather sucked. It was cold, overcast, and rainy. It never really felt warm except for maybe an hour in the early afternoon. Simply do not go expecting to experience much warmth whatsoever and you'll be fine. We live in frigid New York, and still found it to be disappointing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom