Feb. 6-10 Trip Report!

Just thought I'd post something of the things we noticed or thought were interesting on our last trip to Disney! (all 4 parks)...FYI, we had the Florida Residents Play 4 Days tickets, and we stayed at the Lake Buena Vista Resort on Disney property- nice hotel, obnoxious guests on our floor. Anyway, here is our trip report! If anyone has any comments of clarifications, or confirmations, feel free to post them!

The Magic Kingdom
*Peter Pan's Flight- The volcano was not turned on (did not glow)!
*Splash Mountain- As reported by other posters, it was being painted...we saw a total of about 4 workers working on the ride's exterior on scaffolding
*Adventure Land- opened one hour later than the rest of the park...is this is norm? I don't recall that ever being the case...but we got to be the first people of the day to ride Pirates! woo!
*Speaking of Pirates of the Carribean- we seemed to agree that some dialouge was added to the very beginning of the ride, before you enter the first room where there are ships...something about "you may not survive"...can anyone confirm if this is new or old? Also, the AA of the little blonde girl popping her head out a barrel seemed to be missing! Now there was a dog sitting on top of the barrel instead. How long has that been the case? Our last trip was in November and we did not notice the change at that time. Oh yeah, and one of the AA's of a woman chasing a pirate with her broom (the last one) was not operating. She looked kind of funny standing there stationary with her broom overhead :lol:
*Carousel of Progress- The CM who introduced the show seemed to be "warning" the public to some degree! She came right out and said that she was working to ensure the future of the ride and encouraged everyone to go tell guest services if this ride was their favorite! Kind of odd, almost propoganda like. Then I asked a diff. CM about the ride's future and he said there were no plans to close it. During the show, the oven suddenly opened by itself during the rumpus room scene mid-dialouge. Tee hee.
*The people mover- was inoperable for almost 6 hours one day (I cannot remember which one).

Animal Kingdom
*By the times and INFORMATION boards at the front of the park, I heard a family asking an older, male CM if there were any penguins in the park...his reply? "I don't think we have any here, but I know you can see them in the Living Seas at Epcot!":lookaroun

Epcot
*Test Track- During the portion of the ride where you are testing the brakes with no ABS, the REAL E-brake came lurching into affect about the same time the car started to accelarate for the brake test, jolting everybody to a forceful stop. Nobody was hurt, other than maybe a few headaches here and there. It was funny though, because when we advanced to the TV monitors to see the image of the brake test, the screen had an empty track on it because our car had not yet made it to the camera when the e-brake was employed.
*Living With the Land- the pumpkin is up to 252 lb. FYI ;)

Mouscellanious
*Monorails- Green was having lots of problems apparently, because all 4 days when we encountered it (either being on it or behind it) there were major delays. We were a little bit upset by a rather RUDE monorail driver on the pink line...we got on at the Contemporary after waiting for about 20 minutes because we were determined to sit in the front. We finally got on with this totally unfriendly, surly older female driver, and she said "you have to get off before Grand Floridian because there are guests there who want to ride". So basically we got a great, scenic view of some parking lots. So much for the great MK pics we were envisioning.
*We of course did the Villantine's Pin Hunt and got our free pin from the Contemporary...yay for us :sohappy:

Well, I think that's about it! :wave:

pepsistar

:veryconfu Ah Hummmmm What?? Did you say?? Villantines pin hunt??? Owww my daughter will be sooooooooo upset!! What does it look like??? AND did you say it was free:D You sure?? Must be a mistake ? :lol:

Sounds like you had a good time! Did you save your 4 day pass so you could use it to update and save some $$$$$$ Hope so!

Thanks for the report, always enjoy hearing about everones trip and what they find----- :D new and different! :wave:

LuciferKitty

Original Poster
Yes, believe it or not, Disney had something that was 100% FREE!!! :lol: The pin hunt involved stopping at all 4 parks and at two of the resorts, & at each stop you answered an easy trivia question & you got a stamp on your trivia card...when all of the stamps were completed, you recieved a free dated Valentine's ("Villaintine's") pin featuring Chernabog from Fantasia. There was also a different villain Valentine pin available for purchase at each stopping point on the trivia card, featuring jafar, madame mim, the old hag from snow white, maleficent, captain hook, pete, and hades (so of course, you are inclined to spend money along the way). :rolleyes: It was a fun little thing to do though...we felt so accomplished at the end of it all! :lol:

pepsistar

:D Luciferkitty-- Thanks for the reply-- Sounds like they made you work for it-- Ha Ha :lol: Still something free? from Disney?? WOW!!!!!! Whoops? what happened if you made a mistake ?? :cry: Make sure too guard it with your life. :lookaroun How did you find out about it? I asume it was just for a few days, humm? Only problem is it sounds a little time consuming, but fun!! :lookaroun

Glad you had the time to do it. We probably would not have had the time with a 7 year old -- unless--- grandma ran away --- Ahhhhhhh Oh well! Any thing else new and exciting that you know of, heard of, coming up?? PS Hope you had a great Valentines Day!:wave:

LuciferKitty

Original Poster
Originally posted by pepsistar
:D Luciferkitty-- Thanks for the reply-- Sounds like they made you work for it-- Ha Ha :lol: Still something free? from Disney?? WOW!!!!!! Whoops? what happened if you made a mistake ?? :cry: Make sure too guard it with your life. :lookaroun How did you find out about it? I asume it was just for a few days, humm? Only problem is it sounds a little time consuming, but fun!! :lookaroun

Glad you had the time to do it. We probably would not have had the time with a 7 year old -- unless--- grandma ran away --- Ahhhhhhh Oh well! Any thing else new and exciting that you know of, heard of, coming up?? PS Hope you had a great Valentines Day!:wave:

I hope you had a great Valentine's Day too, thanks! :) From what I understand the whole pin thing is taking place for the whole month of February! We have a 4 day park hopper, so the only part that was time consuming and a pain for us was driving to the resorts...but still, to get something FREE from Disney!?!? We HAD to do it! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom