favorite table service restaurant

tinks

Original Poster
can anyone tell me what their favorite restaraunt is in wdw. my family is kinda picky and im having a tough time picking resaraunts. they love meat and potatoes, pasta, some seafood. help?:confused:

majortom1981

hmm

my favorite was the garden grill. it revolves and over looks the land ride. Its the coolest thing. They time it so by the time you make a full revolution around and you get to your starting place you have finished your meal.

scorp111

My wife is a fairly picky eater, and I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian. We have had pretty good success at any of the various buffets, both in the parks and in the resorts.

We have the Dining Plan on our upcoming trip, so we are going to try a few more additional sit-down non-buffet restaurants.

Favorite Table Service so far? Probably Crystal Palace or Garden Grill.

In a resort? Probably Whispering Canyon at WL or Olivia's at OKW.

captcanada

My personal fav is the Mexico Restaraunt in the Temple (at epcot).
Love love love the food, and the scenery is quite pretty.

For your family though, I suggest the buffet in Germany. MUCH meat, and actually quite a wide variety of foods. Yum yum yummy!

doop

We're a large family (6 people) so the Biergarten buffet in Germany is where we like to dine most.

meatloafsfan

Kona Cafe at the Polynesian

Ohanas at the Polynesian

Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot

Planet Hollywood at DTD (it gets knocked a lot but my group likes it)

hcswingfield

We love all the restaurants, and try to vary our meals with each trip, but the one restaurant we eat at every time we go is 50's Prime Time at the studios. From the description of your family, I would bet there would be something on the menu for everyone. And you'll be well entertained while you are eating!

3IAlienKid

I flip-flop between California Grill and Brown Derby as my favorite WDW table service restaurant. The Brown Derby as favorite is based solely on their Cobb Salad, and I pretty much refuse to try anything else there simply because I love that Cobb so much. I've read the California Grill has won several awards for it's food, and though I don't think it's that interesting to look at, you can't beat the view, especially if you can plan your dinner to coincide with the MK fireworks.

I also really like Ohana's dinner buffet. The BBQ meat is fantastic, and the caramel-dipped pinapple is one of my favorite desserts now.

coltow

I don't think I've ever been disappointed at any restaurant. I'm fairly picky and have always found something. I don't eat fish and there were even things for me to eat at Coral Reef.

If I had to list my favorites:
Le Cellier, Alfredo's, Sci-Fi Dine In (I like the lunch menu better), Whispering Canyon Cafe (love their breakfast), Yachtsman Steakhouse, Cape May Cafe

If you want to add characters to the mix try
Liberty Tree Tavern, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare

yazmin182

I just tried the Coral Reef restuarant and the food was amazing, I had the Mahi Mahi. My other new fave restaurant is Wolfgang Puck! Please try the carrot cake and Butternut Squash Soup...amazing! Le Cellier is another favorite.

Yaz

davinakb

can anyone tell me what their favorite restaraunt is in wdw. my family is kinda picky and im having a tough time picking resaraunts. they love meat and potatoes, pasta, some seafood. help?:confused:

Everyone has mentioned some nice joices. I too like Boma, California Grill, Brown Derby, le Cellier, Mama Melrose. Other places are nice (Jiko, Artist Point, Chefs de France, etc.) but may not has as much appeal to young kids.

You can look ohere http://www.wdwmagic.com/menus.htm, or http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm, and review recent menus of several places. If your family is truly picky as you say, then I am not sure if some of the places with more exotic flavorings (like Boma, which I love) is your thing.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

KrazyKowboy

For close to home cooking, and all the meat and potatoes you can eat, it's got to be Liberty Tree Tavern. Nothing fancy about this place, but it's fun and the food is good.

Another gut buster can be had at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs. Try the mixed grill,,, Filet Mignon, Fresh Catch and St. Louis Style Ribs.

mrtoad

At the MK, we really love Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. Dinner is ok but it is a set menu for a character meal. Lunch has more choices.

At EPCOT we really like Rose & Crown Pub and Ekershus.

At MGM we really like Brown Derby

At AK there is no table service but love the Tuskar House

Resorts, Cal Grill, Chef Mickey',s Boatwright's, etc.

MSTINKHERBELL01

:slurp: Favorites:slurp:

Mama Melrose
Wolf Gang Puck Cafe
Le Cellier
Sci Fi for lunch
Crystal Palace for breakfast
Concourse Steakhouse

Oh and Tusker House

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom