Favorite Combo at Honk Honkers

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I saw another fail like this in one of the UO groups on Facebook, I think it was the same person making them. There are two stations, and the person was saying the other team member at the other station was doing a much better job.

JoeCamel

I don't think they would on purpose make the food terrible so you go to City Walk. I eat at City Walk, in the park food is just bad.

Why would they want you to eat in City Walk as opposed to the park? City Walk is just collecting rent for Universal, in the parks it's all Universals money.

The problem in the parks is they set everything up for a person who knows nothing to come in and make food. They dumb the whole thing down as if their workers will be there for a few weeks and new ones will be coming in after them. It's not hard to run a decent sandwich shop, it is if you just hire a random non F&B person. Let accountants buy supplies is always bad. Their atitude is always buy as much premade food as possible because it cuts down on labor. Most premade products are no where near the quality of actually having someone make it daily.

There is no reason to run quick serve places like that and you can make more money if you actually tried to make good food. That takes hiring people who know what they are doing or you have to train them.
You are mistaken in your understanding of who operates most of the venues in CW and I guess you have never eaten at Mythos or Confisco. The Potter places seem to please as they have plenty of patrons.
cough; pecos bills.........

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You are mistaken in your understanding of who operates most of the venues in CW and I guess you have never eaten at Mythos or Confisco. The potter places seem to please as they have plenty of patrons.
cough; pecos bills.........

There's nothing wrong with Pecos Bills if you have a preference for undercooked rice, and overcooked everything else. It's also spectacular if you really enjoy bland flavorless meals.

I really enjoy Finnegans as well. My only complaints with Confisco and Mythos are that they close so early.

JoeCamel

There's nothing wrong with Pecos Bills if you have a preference for undercooked rice, and overcooked everything else. It's also spectacular if you really enjoy bland flavorless meals.

I really enjoy Finnegans as well. My only complaints with Confisco and Mythos are that they close so early.
I do lunch and save the night for the drinks so........

JT3000

You are mistaken in your understanding of who operates most of the venues in CW

It's not Universal. Those are mostly independently operated tenants. I don't know what their agreements with Universal look like, but the latter is definitely getting a smaller piece of the pie than they do from in-park restaurants.

Disneyhead'71

It's not Universal. Those are mostly independently operated tenants. I don't know what their agreements with Universal look like, but the latter is definitely getting a smaller piece of the pie than they do from in-park restaurants.
Universal is moving 3rd party dining out and replacing them with Universal owned restaurants. Antojito's, Toothsome's, Vivo, Bread Box, and NBC Sports Grill are all Universal O&O. Emeril's Tchoup Chop recently closed and the rumor is that it will be replaced with a Universal creation.

I also suspect that Margaritaville and Bubba Gumps are next to leave.

The 3rd party stuff they are bringing in are unique offings like Cowfish and Voodoo Donuts.

JT3000

Universal is moving 3rd party dining out and replacing them with Universal owned restaurants. Antojito's, Toothsome's, Vivo, Bread Box, and NBC Sports Grill are all Universal O&O. Emeril's Tchoup Chop recently closed and the rumor is that it will be replaced with a Universal creation.

I also suspect that Margaritaville and Bubba Gumps are next to leave.

The 3rd party stuff they are bringing in are unique offings like Cowfish and Voodoo Donuts.

There has been a lot of turnover recently, but unless they remove all of the 3rd party tenants, there will always be a chance of guests choosing to dine with one of them. So the idea proposed that Universal would rather people eat in CityWalk than the parks still doesn't pass muster for the time being. That's just not good business practice from a guest convenience point of view either. They should really look into improving in-park food, even if CityWalk offerings are still superior on the whole.

Disneyhead'71

There has been a lot of turnover recently, but unless they remove all of the 3rd party tenants, there will always be a chance of guests choosing to dine with one of them. So the idea proposed that Universal would rather people eat in CityWalk than the parks still doesn't pass muster for the time being. That's just not good business practice from a guest convenience point of view either. They should really look into improving in-park food, even if CityWalk offerings are still superior on the whole.
I have always assumed that both Disney and Universal serve mediocre cheap CS food to upsale people to the more expensive CS or TS options. I see little difference between Circus McGurkus and Cosmic Rays.

JoeCamel

I thought all of CW was independents. Apparently not. Doesn't matter I haven't had any complaints with CW food. I have eaten at Mythos and that was pretty good. They all can't be terrible.

The only other reason the park food is so bad is they simply don't care, assuming people will be trapped and eat anything. Universals food cost must be really low and labor cost and they certainly own the building so I don't know why they are so greedy. Better food and faster service would equal more food sold. I would bet on that. Just seems like a bad business decision to me.

Also with the Mouse down the street it seems like they would try to up them a little on park food.
tee hee - you used "try" about the park run by TDO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom