• Safari

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Kali River Rapids

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Other, let me know if I miss it!

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

rcapolete

we where at AK a shortly after it opened and we were wondering around not knowing what there was to do (btw the boat ride they had then was a complete waste of time. They had a CM showing off reptiles in cages as you went on a boat trip to no where but i digress). We stumbled across this building in the corner with a canvas banner ( i kid you not) that said Count Down to Extinction. We had zero idea what we were going on. We thought maybe a movie/show or a simulator. You could imagine our surprise when we walked down the stairs and saw the jeeps. To this day still one of the (if not the best) surprises on a Disney trip. Cant wait to ride it in three weeks!!!!

Po'Rich

This was hard because three of my favorite WDW rides are in AK: FOP, Everest, and Safari. I picked FOP because of how much I enjoyed it last time I visited. However, it's quite likely that that opinion is based as much on the newness of the ride as it is on the ride itself. Ask again in 5 years, and I may have reverted to Everest or Safari.

Mainahman

Everest! Will always be that, and not far behind Safari. I didn't get to do FOP on the last trip, but im not a huge lover of VR either, so im not sure i would of gotten it. Nothing beats getting my face ripped off on Everest. Mind you this last trip i rode it 5 times in a row at extra magic hours rope drop and it was maybe 52 degrees. That wake up is better than coffee!

Sonconato

We just lost the last male Northern white rhino, Sudan, leaving two females left. This means that this subspecies will become extinct. The reason I chose Kilimanjaro Safaris is for this reason: it brings awareness to the endangerment and extinction of living species. However, it must be stated that the rhinos at Animal Kingdom are of the Southern subspecies.

Musical Mermaid

I voted for Everest. I really like the Safari too, maybe second favorite, but the vehicles move too quickly, you’re not guaranteed to see all the animals every time, and it shakes me up a little too much. Sheesh, Animal Kingdom, most of the rides there are unpleasant. Everest is my favorite for being consistently fun, although I hate the backwards part. I know the Navi ride is a slow boat ride, but I find it so much less intriguing than Gran Fiesta Tour and some other mild boat rides. It’s just a glowy, boring ride that feels like the creators were lazy in making it.

LUVofDIS

I chose Everest, this is a ride my wife and I just interact nicely with. We both get excited walking to it and figuring out which pose we want to do. The funny thing is, she is still scared of the first ride we take on every trip. We also like to see if our names will pop up on the posters in the queue.

FOP is amazing and may become my favorite over time, but right now the two of us look forward to EE more than we do FOP.

Safari is also amazing but the wife does it because I love it so that takes some of the umph out of it.

crxbrett

Everest hands down. I came close to the Kilimanjaro Safaris since it really captures the spirit and heart & soul of what the park embodies and is supposed to be about, but Everest is just everything a Disney attraction really should be. Flights of Passage was a distant third. Hard to judge it since it is brand-new even though it was a lot of fun the two times I have been able to ride it.

NeedMoreMickey

It depends. If I had a FP I'll say FoP. If I go to the park tomorrow and need to wait in a line I'll take EE or Safari because the lines are not as long as FoP and I won't/can't wait over 2 hours for a ride.

belledream

This made me realize that AK is probably the best park and I usually say MK and Epcot over it why?! Literally could pick all of these for different reasons. Old: DINOSAUR - love the thrills. New: Flight of Passage - can’t deny this modern masterpiece.

MerlinTheGoat

Kilimanjaro Safari. It has a place alongside some of the best Disney rides period. It's nice and long, appropriately themed, dynamic in that you'll never get an identical experience twice. And it fits the park perfectly.

My second favorite ride is actually Navi River. This one isn't as popular here. Not that it doesn't have flaws, it's criminally short and Pandora doesn't really fit with the park. But it's quite a lovely calm ride in a park that needed more rides like it. I'm generally uninterested in simulators, and FoP didn't change this opinion.

Everest is good, but it's missing its full impact due to the Yeti's broken status and the backwards segment could stand some actual theming (at least at night it hides the light leakage and you can't see the naked steel work).

Dinosaur is also good, but feels half finished (as I believe was actually the case, apparently stuff was going to be included in all the dark scenes but they ran out of money). All the Dinorama content is garbage carnival crap, and unsightly and trashy blight on an otherwise lovely and immaculately themed park.

I haven't ridden Kali more than a couple of times. Scenery wise it's one of the prettier of this kind of ride system, but inherently speaking i'm not a fan of this kind of ride at all. It's also very short.

laben594

Everest is my favorite ride in all of WDW. My husband loves it as well, every time we go to DAK we try to ride it at least 3 times. It gets me so mad about those hair bands that people throw right at the top 🙄

I love safari as well-but it really depends on who your driver is. I have had drivers miss a giraffe in the middle of the road 😂

Always will have a soft spot for Dinosaur in my heart. I get geniunely bummed out when it’s closed when I go there.

Sorry just not a fan of Pandora that much

The Empress Lilly

Safari and it is not even close.

I would have a perfectly satisfying DAK day if it would consist only of meandering past the Oasis exhibits, strolling along the Tree of Life gardens, doing the Safari, and topping that off with an hour in the Pangani / Falls trail. :cat:

The rest of DAK is fine, but I have a big screen and a shower at home (FaP and Kali), and enjoy being tossed around when driven past big fake animals with show lighting (Everest and Dino), but these don't make the park.

Rumrunner

What is your favorite out of these? I’m not even mentioning the dinoland monstrosities. Except Dinosaur!
Voted for Kali because that is the favorite ride of all 6 of my young grandkids. We always ride in the heat of the day knowing most likely will get soaked but it feels good with the summer heat.

21stamps

Everest
followed by Primevil Whirl- I can’t believe this wasn’t included in the vote.

I have not been on FoP so can’t have an opinion either way on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom