fav. character meals?

Craigw

Exactly that!!! IU was tipped off by a DVC member who is a firend of mine. We got in with no problem at shrt notice, my 2 girls had oodles of time with Mickey, Chip & Dale and Pluto etc and the food was to die for.

So...all in all not a bad place:lol:

Upvote 0

lnmjameson

We had the Sundae Social at Garden Grill. It was great. The ice cream was yummy & hardly anyone was there. Mickey, Pluto, & Chip & Dale came by our table several times. Everyone had a chance to play!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Beauty and the

Is that because of the good food, the abundance of characters and the fact that for some strange reason there is hardly anyone ever there.:animwink:

I agree. It is one of our favorites. I love the cat fish and steak. It's fun and a neat place to eat.

As for hardly anyone there, someone must of leaked the word. Last time were we there (last month.) we didn't get an PS because the parks weren't crowded and hey most of the time when we got one in the past, we didn't really need it. This time a 6:30 at night they couldn't get us in. Maybe it was because all the other parks were closed and everyone went to Epcot, or that Future world closes at 7:00 now (a gip). We ended up eating at the fast food in the land. It was a disapointment. But much cheaper.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

As far as food and food alone goes, then I would say Liberty Tree Tavern at night. The food is excellent. The characters are in period costumes from the 1700s which is cool. However, it is very crowded with tables bunched together and also loud.

I also enjoy the experience at the GG. It's much more relaxing and has a more private element to it. Not very many kids running up to the characters while they are at your table.

I happen to like the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. The food has been very good whenever I have gone. The lunch buffett is also good at Hollywood & Vine at MGM if they still have the characters.

When I have gone to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, I haven't been very pleased. Most of the food was cold and a poor selection as well.

Upvote 0

frazierle

So is Crystal Palace any good? Could not get into Cinderalla's this year and went to Chef Mickey's last year (liked it). Wanted to try something new. Also how is the Hoop Dee doo Revue?

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
There aren't words to describe the Hoop de Doo.....you have to experience it...one of my favorite all-time expereinces at WDW....good show and good food, plus all kinds of surprises...

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by frazierle
So is Crystal Palace any good?

I've had both breakfast and lunch at CP and the food was great... buffets with many selections, really well done. The character experience didn't do much for me... Pooh & Eeyore stopped by, and a giant rhodent messed with our hair. Of course, we were all a bunch of old fossils.

Would agree with the assessment of Liberty Tree Tavern... though there are a few quiet spots. The restaurant is divided into many rooms... and who knows where that raucous family with 5 young'uns will settle in? With any luck, they'll be in another room, or you can regard them as entertainment of sorts.

I've had several lunches there (no characters then), and really enjoyed the vegetarian dish, heard kudos for the pot roast and turkey dinner.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Originally posted by frazierle
So is Crystal Palace any good?

I really enjoyed Crystal Palace, the food was above avaerage, lots of choice and hot. The atmosphere good and the interaction with the characters excellent. Oh the kids enjoyed it too:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom