FastPass with 2 teens and a toddler

Brian Green

Original Poster
Today I can finally start scheduling FP+ for my family. The system seems inconvenient, because I can't exclude a family member when making selections. My family consists of two teenagers, a toddler (3yr), my wife, and I.

We are spending our first day at Animal Kingdom. So I log in to FP+ select the whole family, park, and date. I then realize that I have to make all three selections at once, not allowing me to make special exclusions for my toddler. My thoughts were to schedule:
  • Kilimanjaro Safari (For the whole family)
  • Kali River Rapids (Teenagers and Myself) & Get a swap ticket for my wife.
  • Adventure Outpost (Toddler and Wife) Not sure if this requires an adult to have FP+ as well.
  • Expedition Everest (Teenagers and Myself) & swap ticket for wife.
This allows me to use my todders FP+ for something that he will enjoy. Unfortunately I was only able to achieve this result by scheduling in two different groups, but it makes it much more difficult. For the rides for everyone I wasn't able to select the same time, only allowing me to use overlapping times or a completely different time. Very inefficient and frustrating. I'm sorry for the ranting! How do families in similar situations defeat this dilemma? Can I schedule my toddlers FP+ for things he will enjoy without using the rest of the families? And obviously still be able to attend with him (Adventure Outpost for example or a show)

Kingoglow

You plan looks fine, but to answer your question about Adventure outpost, if your toddler is using a fastpass then the person accompany that toddler will also need a fastpass.

I just finished reserving fastpasses for a party of 9 with one child too small to ride many rides that the adults wanted to experience. What I did (and was quite easy to do) was reserve three attractions for all 9 people in my group . Then I went back in and changed the fastpass rides for the child and adult for each ride that the child could not ride. It was a simple matter of editing individual fastpass experiences and selecting the child and an adult. I also used this same method to move two adults to separate rides because they don't like rollercoasters.

Brian Green

Original Poster
You plan looks fine, but to answer your question about Adventure outpost, if your toddler is using a fastpass then the person accompany that toddler will also need a fastpass.

I just finished reserving fastpasses for a party of 9 with one child too small to ride many rides that the adults wanted to experience. What I did (and was quite easy to do) was reserve three attractions for all 9 people in my group . Then I went back in and changed the fastpass rides for the child and adult for each ride that the child could not ride. It was a simple matter of editing individual fastpass experiences and selecting the child and an adult. I also used this same method to move two adults to separate rides because they don't like rollercoasters.

So initially you selected the whole party and chose three rides. Then you created a "new" FP for a child and adult and changed the rides the child couldn't go on. That is what I did, but when I did that it removed my wife and toddler from the other two FP selections. This is what caused the overlapping times, because I had to add those two rides back and select times. The original time that I had selected was no longer listed, only times before and after.

Rob562

So initially you selected the whole party and chose three rides. Then you created a "new" FP for a child and adult and changed the rides the child couldn't go on. That is what I did, but when I did that it removed my wife and toddler from the other two FP selections. This is what caused the overlapping times, because I had to add those two rides back and select times. The original time that I had selected was no longer listed, only times before and after.

What you have to do is go in and use the Modify Existing FastPass+ option. If you go in and try to make all new ones, it'll overwrite what's already there (as you've discovered).

To get things back to where they were, go into Modify and Copy the group's FP+ back to the two that were lost. Then go in and Modify each individual FP+ selecting "Change Experience".

-Rob

Brian Green

Original Poster
What you have to do is go in and use the Modify Existing FastPass+ option. If you go in and try to make all new ones, it'll overwrite what's already there (as you've discovered).

To get things back to where they were, go into Modify and Copy the group's FP+ back to the two that were lost. Then go in and Modify each individual FP+ selecting "Change Experience".

-Rob

I found "Modify Existing FastPass+", but I don't see the other functions that you're referring to (modify & copy). It gives me options to change the time, which leads me to the overlapping time problem. When I click "Change Experience" it gives me other attractions to chose from.

See the screen shot:
34ebed63fe.jpg
:

Brian Green

Original Poster

-Rob
I don't see how it's possible to modify one FP+ selection for an individual. Everything I try to do is going to update the whole group.

BrianV

Can't remember exactly how we did it, but it did work.

We'd made fast passes for BTM but my older daughter didn't want to go. The day before I changed two of us to the jungle cruise instead. It gave an option to select who was changing.

I'll play around and see if I can answer better for you.

Kingoglow

From your screen shot...
Under the attraction that you wish to change for your wife and toddler, select change experience. A pop up will appear for you to select which guests the change will be for (select your wife and toddler). Then select the new attraction and a time.

They (wife and toddler) will be removed from the original fastpass and those two (only) will now have a new fastpass attraction. Please note that depending on the times you select, they 'could' overlap. So plan your time selection as needed.

BrianV

Ok. I just played around. Make fast passes for everyone. Then go to "change a fast pass selection". Select the attraction you want to change. It will then give you a choice of who wants to change. Just select the people who want a different ride. Works easily.

Brian Green

Original Poster
From your screen shot...
Under the attraction that you wish to change for your wife and toddler, select change experience. A pop up will appear for you to select which guests the change will be for (select your wife and toddler). Then select the new attraction and a time.

They (wife and toddler) will be removed from the original fastpass and those two (only) will now have a new fastpass attraction. Please note that depending on the times you select, they 'could' overlap. So plan your time selection as needed.

That looks like it will work. Thanks for helping out!

BrianV

From your screen shot...

Better said here than what I wrote.

Now I have fast passes on June 23. Wish I was going to be there June 23! :)

Rob562

The others have gotten you on the right track to change FP+ for only specific people.

If you're still trying to Copy a FP+ to get yourself back to a baseline of everyone on the same reservations, go all the way back to the initial "Welcome to FastPass+" screen.

Under the New/Update/Canel buttons there's a link that says "Add Friends and Family to Existing FastPass+". This will allow you to select the Copy From and then the Copy To people. Any existing FP+ choices that the Copy To people have will be overwritten. (This is an all-or-nothing copy feature)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom