FastPass+ testing to begin at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels this month

awoogala

Figures. I just switched our reservation from the Dolphin to the Poly last week because I was panicking about being shut out of fp+, and the stress of it all. Oh well, glad to be at the Poly, and at least I got to pick all our fp+ way in advance. I wouldn't want to spend part of my trip at a kiosk, trying to plan out fp.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What I find really interesting is they are not offering the magic bands or advanced FP reservations. Guests can make FP reservations in the park for that day. Now maybe that is just during testing and the whole system will role out eventually, but it's also possible this is a sign of the future state of the system. Maybe off property guests will not have the ability to book advanced FP reservations or use the magic bands. Should be interesting to see how this unfolds.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What I find really interesting is they are not offering the magic bands or advanced FP reservations. Guests can make FP reservations in the park for that day. Now maybe that is just during testing and the whole system will role out eventually, but it's also possible this is a sign of the future state of the system. Maybe off property guests will not have the ability to book advanced FP reservations or use the magic bands. Should be interesting to see how this unfolds.
I think this is going to certainly be the case for off property guests going forward.

msteel

I think this is going to certainly be the case for off property guests going forward.

We have a trip set up for early January, staying off property. I was hoping that maybe testing would open up for commoners like us after the holiday rush, but with the Swan/Dolphin testing going on until after we leave I now doubt that would be the case. I probably won't bother linking our tickets now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We have a trip set up for early January, staying off property. I was hoping that maybe testing would open up for commoners like us after the holiday rush, but with the Swan/Dolphin testing going on until after we leave I now doubt that would be the case. I probably won't bother linking our tickets now.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I'm thinking that the full MDE service will never roll out to off site guests. Meaning that if you don't stay at a Disney hotel you will never be able to make advanced FP+ reservations. I don't see any reason to link tickets or use the MDE site if you can't get the bands or reserve FP+ reservations. I guess you will need an account to use the kiosks in the park.

MickeyPeace

So now on site properties are considered off site? Swan/Dolphin aren't Disney owned but they are unquestionably on property. Hopefully by punishing guests who stay at swandolphin, rates will drop and I can extend my future trips. I always look at the bright side.

msteel

So now on site properties are considered off site? Swan/Dolphin aren't Disney owned but they are unquestionably on property. Hopefully by punishing guests who stay at swandolphin, rates will drop and I can extend my future trips. I always look at the bright side.

For all I know, all they want out of this test is to evaluate how the program works for people who do not have selections before getting into the park.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For all I know, all they want out of this test is to evaluate how the program works for people who do not have selections before getting into the park.

That is definitely a possibility. Using a limited number of guests then ramping up from there.
Again, just speculation as we don't know anything for sure. I would not be shocked if they considered Swan/Dolphin off property. If they brought them into the full system I'm sure that would mean some sort of monetary compensation.

jlsHouston

We are on our way to WDW for 12 days..The first 6 at WL, the last 6 at Dolphin...I am seriously thinking of changing the ressie at the Dolphin for I dunno... maybe PORS ..it's about the same price per nite..how depressing, I really wanted to stay at the Dolphin..but I really don't want to have more than the normal issues dealing with a park strategy on rides...it appears that FP+ has contributed to the premium rides being out of FP early in the day, and very long stand by lines. I am wondering about the lines in the evenings and during EMH...

jlsHouston

Figures. I just switched our reservation from the Dolphin to the Poly last week because I was panicking about being shut out of fp+, and the stress of it all. Oh well, glad to be at the Poly, and at least I got to pick all our fp+ way in advance. I wouldn't want to spend part of my trip at a kiosk, trying to plan out fp.

What are your dates ?

jlsHouston

Gosh I paid over $ 500 a nite last year and I think that is the rate again this year for Thanksgiving.. over the summer it was like $ 385 and I jumped all over it....

awoogala

I would never be able to justify either of those prices for WDW. Do you know what $500 or even $385 could get u in the real world?
yikes. I had to choke to pay $300 a night or so. I have stayed at $400 a night hotels. I don't think Disney (apart from being Disney) has been worth that. There is a whole level of service that $400 a night buys that Disney does not do. (Then again, I am uncomfortable in those hotels, because they are on top of you all the time..lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom